Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

I suspect alot of people have encountered problems with mass amount of evangelists that use proximity shield, and I wonder how you people counter them?

ST doesnt penetrate the shield and so you must deal damage up close inside their shell,
but standing inside their shell isnt particularly safe as their attacks deal alot of damage, especially in groups of like 8+.

Personally i've countered this problem by using cyclone in my gloves, paired with faster attacks blood magic and some leech.
ign: Noirii, SirSacked, VioletMooncrest
Throw some boomerangs out, leap slam, continue throwing boomerangs, dodge spells on ground as necessary.

I just threw a 2h cyclone build as my swap weapon that works well (since you mentioned Cyclone). It runs at about 23k DPS.

† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
Sacked wrote:
I suspect alot of people have encountered problems with mass amount of evangelists that use proximity shield, and I wonder how you people counter them?

ST doesnt penetrate the shield and so you must deal damage up close inside their shell,
but standing inside their shell isnt particularly safe as their attacks deal alot of damage, especially in groups of like 8+.

Personally i've countered this problem by using cyclone in my gloves, paired with faster attacks blood magic and some leech.

Throw a conversion trap and enjoy the show.

You should consider that as many others posted in this thread 0.1 aspd = ~38 average elemental damage per hit
Your 2.13 aps sword has 15 average elemental damage per hit
Your 2.04 aps sword has 60 average elemental damage per hit

The difference between those 2 in aps value is 0.09 which can be evaluated at about 34 average elemental damage per hit

As you can see 15 average elemental damage per hit + 34 average elemental damage per hit < 60 average elemental per hit

Of course value can differ slightly from ~38 according to the level of the character and his damage output but the values are close to this so mostly thats why your 2.04 with 120 elem damage is better than 2.13 with only 30 elemental damage[/quote]

math. Tell me please how do u count the average ele dmg per hit, so i dont waste anymore currency on weps that doesnt increase my dps[/quote]

26 + 48 + 16 + 30 + 10 + 95 = 225 (total) / 2 = 112.5 average

I made those calculations and they were based on Mathil's build, char level (95) and aura gem levels at that time (both were 20 and his 6L gems were all 20/20). As someone else mentioned, the lower the level of your aura gems, the more valuable the elemental damage on the weapon is.

BTW, there are 4 great suffixs and 1 great prefix (attack speed). If you get a 26 or 27% attack speed weapon with open suffix slots, you have a very good chance of getting elemental damage with an exalt. The weapon I linked above had 1 open suffix slot so for the hell of it, I Yolo Exalted it and got the cold damage.

Meanwhile, I spent 8 Eternals and 16 Exalts on the below sword and have yet to get even 1 attack speed roll yet.

Even with level 20 aura gems, your new sword would never have been better than your old. If your gems are not max level, just stick with one of your current swords. Once your gems are leveled, then go straight to something like I linked or try to craft your own.

[/quote]

and what if i got a decent weapon with ele dmg, but no ias on it.
can i roll ias on that somehow without spending milions of exalts?
"
shiremux wrote:

and what if i got a decent weapon with ele dmg, but no ias on it.
can i roll ias on that somehow without spending milions of exalts?

It is much harder than having the IAS already and exalting for elemental mods.

There are a lot of suffixs for an exalted to choose from. For dps there is only 1 that you are looking for (attack speed) and only 2 tiers that are really worthwhile.

For prefixs, there are 4 you are looking for (the elemental ones) and several tiers of each that are worthwhile. There are also less bad prefixs for the exalted to choose from.

Those where my 8 eternals and 16 exalts spent but it will hit attack speed eventually. Who knows, It might be the next roll.
Last edited by Daarknight on Mar 21, 2014, 1:25:04 PM
How is one supposed to be levelling till they can support themselves with blood magic on spectral throw?
"
Triigg wrote:
How is one supposed to be levelling till they can support themselves with blood magic on spectral throw?

I leveled with 3 manaflasks until 55
And what is priority on linking gems? If I dont have a 6L ofc...
"
Triigg wrote:

Just level with the typical physical weapons. You don't need to use bloodmagic at all. I indefinitely sustained spectral with 2% manaleech till 70.
"
korzasa wrote:
And what is priority on linking gems? If I dont have a 6L ofc...

This info is in the first post.
Spectral-LMP-blood magic-life leech
Then weapon elemental damage
Then faster attacks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info