Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Altissimus wrote:
Folks,

I'm not sure about Acrobatics.

I think that when you're past level ~85 and you have nothing else to spend your points on, it kinda makes sense...but while levelling it reduces your armour mitigation from crap to even-worse-than-crap.

Play check here. The playstyle of this build is to kite, strafe, and not get hit. If someone gets close, we leap-slam away and throw spinning blades in their face. If you DO get hit, you can absorb a hit with your life pool and then leech it back again. On that basis:

- you don't need to stack mitigation as much as other builds
- you DO need to be able to absorb hits with your life pool
- Dodge is great; halving your armour mitigation is not great
- if your life pool is mahooooosive, then dodge is great
- if your life pool can't absorb hits, then halving armour is not great
- Wouldn't life pool be a better way of spending points while levelling?

Appreciate you also need the dex along the way - for high level rapiers and evasion-chests. However, if need be, you could always pick up the 30 dex node just up from the chaos 16% res node (near Influence).

So, basically I'm wondering if Acrobatics is the LAST thing you want to take (literally), and possible even if you wouldn't be better spending those five points on Gymnastics or the three life nodes near Minddrinker. While levelling, ensuring Inner Force and Purity of Flesh are higher priorities.

Anyway, just my thoughts - would someone wiser and more experienced please comment on this and present the argument for why Acrobatics is good for this build?

Cheers!

A.

First of, I'm lvl 87 and I still don't feel "complete" altho what I want to take next is chaos res, 1 life node and a few dmg nodes.

Well just watch the talent tree one more time... ZERO defensive nodes. That's the upside of Acrobatics... All you have to take is that, and your gear will do the rest. If you don't go Acrobatics, you would have to invest alot of points into defenses and wouldn't be able to get all the aura buffs or decent life for that matter.

N.
@Daarknight that is an impressive number of exalts....
"
Norodian wrote:

... If you don't go Acrobatics, you would have to invest alot of points into defenses and wouldn't be able to get all the aura buffs or decent life for that matter...

Well...are you sure you do? That's kinda my point.

Because a) we strafe/kite, and b) we can leapslam out of trouble, and c) we life-leech like a sonovabitch and d) we have a high life pool, we DON'T need any more defenses than this.

My gear provides me ok evasion and some armour. Taking Acrobatics takes that to ok evasion with virtually no armour, and 30% dodge. The other 70% of the time, I'm going to get hit and it's going to hurt more than it does right now. That means MORE spikey damage. I don't WANT spikey damage. Non-spikey damage I can absorb real easily with a high life pool and insane life leech. Does 30% dodge help that? I don't think it does, when those 5 points could be spent on more important stuff.

Plus, you're level 87; I'm level 64. And I did say "while levelling" and Acrobatics is to be "taken last". That's what I'm discussing here - when do you think it needs to be taken?

Cheers,
A.
"
Altissimus wrote:
Because a) we strafe/kite

Im only 72 right now and acrobatics is one of the first thing i get on the tree and now I'm almost face tanking everything including Kole and dual Brutus. My dodge chance is 30% and evade chance is 50% and I'm getting hit so rarely so i can just stand still and rapidly kill all the shit that tries to come and get me.

The only things that annoys me a little is far shot blue titty bitches and shielded bombers. If they are more than two yes, I'm a little kiting (well, actually just leap slam once or two).

By the way easiest way to deal with shielded bombers is (surprise) jump into their bubble and shot them in the face.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
So I was already lvl48 on my bad-ass buzzaw and just started farming merciless ledge.... Though I'd be fine with non-capped resists and 2,2k HP.
I was wrong... brainfarted and facetanked a volatile which then exploded and oneshot me since I had like 5 resist for that particular element :P Good thing I had not equipped anything particularly expensive yet.

Oh well, my new toon is already level 22 so it's all good...

I managed to snag this for a measly 4 chaos the other day:

The cold roll is a bit bad but the ones that had proper rolls in all 3 had no attack-speed and I thought this one would outscale them due to Wrath/Anger even if the weapons own ele-DPS is slightly lower.
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
Do these nodes increase damage or not? Im confused coz its just "increased elemental damage" and dont "with weapons".

Those nodes are literally called Weapon Elemental Damage, they will improve your damage. Even generic ones like the Elemental Damage nodes at Templar start will increase your damage as they apply to all sorts of ele dmg.
IGN: Yeph
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
...My dodge chance is 30% and evade chance is 50% ...

How the hell did you get your evade chance to 50%? Mine is like 25%. Only way I can see you doing that is to run Grace...which means you've lost either wrath, haste or anger. Or have you somehow managed it on kit alone?
Last edited by Altissimus on Dec 20, 2013, 4:33:11 AM
"
cGramma wrote:
Those nodes are literally called Weapon Elemental Damage, they will improve your damage. Even generic ones like the Elemental Damage nodes at Templar start will increase your damage as they apply to all sorts of ele dmg.

Daym, i meant the other nodes without "with weapons". Just screened wrong ones :)

"
Altissimus wrote:
How the hell did you get your evade chance to 50%? Mine is like 25%. Only way I can see you doing that is to run Grace...which means you've lost either wrath, haste or anger. Or have you somehow managed it on kit alone?

Nope, no grace:

Its a little bit less than 50% coz I've changed my pure evasion boots to hybrid ones. Coz I'm really gived up to make pure dex boots RRGB when spent 300 chromes.
You clearly have Alpha's Howl (judging from the freeze mitigation) so I guess that contributes largely. Good to know it's possible to get decent levels without Grace.

Cheers,
A.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info