Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Hey, while I don't plan to try this build myself any time soon as I'm very invested in my own toon, I'd just like say that this is one of the most amazing and interesting builds I've seen, and I've read quite a lot of em.

I've recommended this build to a few friends and they are very excited to try it.
so I would just like to thank you for taking the time to share this awesome build and help the other people on this thread who are running it.
IGN: cheshirian
just a short status update by my side.

im currently lvl65 and started farming maps at lvl63.

so far im still wearing 5l armor chest, till i can use my:
(bought for 2ex)

im dealing about 2600dps with my:

and just traded this little jewel for 3c:

i need some more life (2,5k yet) and finally a lvl20 reduce mana, even with my alphas howl i can only run the 3 dmg auras.
i have maxed res (77%) and -10chaos.
only trouble so far ar the dmg spikes because the life pool is really low.

but with collecting some more hp-nodes and going for hp rings, i guess i can hit the 4k @lvl70 and be fine with that for a while

ah nearly forget at lvl68 i will grab a new foil (5c):

Last edited by hunTShoo on Dec 20, 2013, 5:21:10 PM
thx for this amazing build!

sorry if that was already asked but for a 5L its
ST/LMP/BM/LL + FA or WED ??

Last edited by Xares on Dec 20, 2013, 8:18:05 PM
"
Xares wrote:
thx for this amazing build!

sorry if that was already asked but for a 5L its
ST/LMP/BM/LL + FA or WED ??

Np.

The answer to that is in my first post.

Faster attacks is the last gem you should be using, when you have a 6L.

Or swap it in over LMP when you're doing bosses/single target.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Dec 21, 2013, 12:31:40 AM
That sword is SICK for ele melee builds ... that wasnt cheap tho right?

Oh and awesome build, I feel like ST is around 4x listed dps, so I would consider this a 60kish dps build. With very good amount of hp and evasion-based defenses.

If I had to do it:-

I would take phase acro and the extra 10% attack dodge, I wouldnt take Ondars Guile though because with jade flask you will have 25k evasion.

I would probably not use alphas howl and not run haste, because I dont really like the helm. Close to 40 ias is quite a dps chunk though, will see if I try it out.

And maybe get some more hp from tree and some block nodes, and have a saffell and SOL in inventory for spell block needs and more max res (lol). (piety lightning form / megaera mainly)

Also, why you use leap slam over WB? Just a question of preference? I feel WB is more 'instant' than leap slam, sometimes leap slam cant get you out of danger as fast as WB, in oh shit moments like vaal slam or dominus touch of god.
Last edited by theamazingjojo on Dec 21, 2013, 3:30:00 AM
"
Also, why you use leap slam over WB? Just a question of preference? I feel WB is more 'instant' than leap slam, sometimes leap slam cant get you out of danger as fast as WB, in oh shit moments like vaal slam or dominus touch of god.

You can't use whirling blades to jump over anything.
"
devoir wrote:
"

You can't use whirling blades to jump over anything.

Yeah lol it came to me afterwards haha. Or maybe WB + quartz flask hehe if you are stuck
Hey there I spoke to you ingame once,

I'm doing really well i can solo level 74 maps (that's the highest i've been to so far - not found any higher!) at level 80.

I'm at about 8k dps but on Spec Throw (gems still level 18) but I still need to up my gem quality as you said ingame but that's expensive so im waiting on it (i have 5% on main spec throw so far and that's it)

I just have specific questions about maps:

- I really struggle with maps that include evangelists; how do you deal with their stupid projectile shield it's really hard for me!

- The boss in labyrinth one shots me, I think it may be because I only have 3.2k life right now and need some more life, but my chaos res is pathetic also. Unsure how to approach this boss?

- The fucking spider boss in jungle valley where they jsut spawn everything is hard as hell, any tactics for this build that you use?
Last edited by Excoundrel on Dec 21, 2013, 2:22:46 PM
I was playing 2h phys spec till lvl 94 but got bored with it. So i tried this spec but evasion/dodge version wasn't as tanky as my previous build, so I made a few tweaks of my own and its working much better, got IR, using same aura setup as op but putting on determination for vulnerability maps (12k armor with it). Hp sits at 5.9k, dps 13k (still missing amu with ele% and gonna craft good weapon some time in future).

My passive tree:

Current gear:
Spoiler
IGN: Kebehsenuf
Last edited by ShadowWalker07 on Dec 21, 2013, 3:00:20 PM
"
Excoundrel wrote:
Hey there I spoke to you ingame once,

I just have specific questions about maps:

- I really struggle with maps that include evangelists; how do you deal with their stupid projectile shield it's really hard for me!

- The boss in labyrinth one shots me, I think it may be because I only have 3.2k life right now and need some more life, but my chaos res is pathetic also. Unsure how to approach this boss?

- The fucking spider boss in jungle valley where they jsut spawn everything is hard as hell, any tactics for this build that you use?

Those are simply the plight of the evasion character.

For evangelists I kite around them stopping to shoot every few steps being careful to never get hit by the ground circle, or leap slam in and out shooting when inside their circles. Can usually kill them before they get their circles of damage off or leap slam out before.

The Labyrinth boss is a tough one. He does 100% of his damage to us and I'm not sure chaos res stops any of it. I know that for my evasion char I need about 5k life to survive a single barrage of his but it leaves me at almost no life and he can do it again at any second. Armor reduces that barrage but as we have none we basically can't get hit. Otherwise you can take the hit (when you have enough life) and usually leech it back in time before he gets another one off.

For Jungle Valley boss you'll probably need more life because it's almost inevitable to take a few hits from those flickers. Strategy would be to go into a corner and pick mobs off as they come along. Your low life and no chaos res would probably indicate to me that you can't do it because the actual boss himself would come pretty close to 1 shotting you. Afraid that this one is mostly a gear check for this build. By 5k life and some chaos res it should be doable comfortably.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info