Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Thanks for the guide. Quick question, why do you have spectral throw on both your armor and your gloves? Is that a roundabout way to trigger item rarity and culling plus everything on your armor w/ ST all at once?
"
Gavuun wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Quick question, why do you have spectral throw on both your armor and your gloves? Is that a roundabout way to trigger item rarity and culling plus everything on your armor w/ ST all at once?

Kill most things with 5L/6L spectral throw.

Cull rares/uniques with 4L spectral throw.
Elemental Cleave was the thing back then. Then along came Blender and physical cleave.

I see similarities here. Would a "blender" version of your build be stronger? Comparing to elecleave/blender because of the high attack speed mechanic. If physical grew stronger, so should physical version of ST do?
Well I was planning on using this build, and I usually tip people an exalt or two when I use their guides, but when I messaged the OP to see if it was still supported / updated, he replied with

"Sorry to call you lazy but look at when the thread was created, last edited, when videos were uploaded, when I've last replied or how many times I've replied throughout the thread.

If you did some reading then yea you'd realise it works and that's my build right now."

I noticed some of the gear was unverified, and I personally still update and answer questions to builds I haven't used since March. So that's where I got the reasoning to make sure it was still supported. If I'm going to spend 150+ Exalt on a build, I need to make absolutely sure it's good to go.

Things I would have liked to see in this guide:

Passive tree break down per 20 points.

Theoretical reason of choosing this build over say... a physical or crit build. Especially with the new support gem.

TLDR:

OP is a dickhead and I will not be using his build or tipping him.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
Last edited by Avic_Hybana on Dec 18, 2013, 10:08:51 PM
"
Avicularia wrote:
Well I was planning on using this build, and I usually tip people an exalt or two when I use their guides, but when I messaged the OP to see if it was still supported / updated, he replied with

"Sorry to call you lazy but look at when the thread was created, last edited, when videos were uploaded, when I've last replied or how many times I've replied throughout the thread.

If you did some reading then yea you'd realise it works and that's my build right now."

I noticed some of the gear was unverified, and I personally still update and answer questions to builds I haven't used since March. So that's where I got the reasoning to make sure it was still supported. If I'm going to spend 150+ Exalt on a build, I need to make absolutely sure it's good to go.

TLDR:

You should re-read what you've written on a forum about a game and consider how far you're down the rabbit hole of bloated self-righteousness.
Last edited by devoir on Dec 18, 2013, 10:05:51 PM
"
devoir wrote:
"
Avicularia wrote:

TLDR:

You should re-read what you've written on a forum about a game and consider how far you're down the rabbit hole of bloated self-righteousness.

This was unnecessary, as was the OP's reply to my general inquiry.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

As most people can attest I reply to most questions and be as helpful as I can.

Sometimes it just really rubs me the wrong way when I get the most simple question that can be answered yourself if you spent 2 minutes doing something instead of asking me to do it for you.

The thread is LESS THAN 10 FUCKING DAYS OLD. That's where you should have started when pming me "do you still support your build?".

I try to be nice and helpful but I have a limited amount of patience when answering 5 questions a day and then I get one that hasn't even bothered to make an effort. It's frustrating for you to expect me to put in many times the effort you're willing to put in yourself.

The gear you noticed was unverified was 1 item, my sword. Everything else was still verified and hell the chest has 6 gem slots which alude to my exact build.

You woulda tipped me an exalt or two? Mate I woulda paid an exalt or two to have the privilege of calling you lazy, which you are.

A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Norodian wrote:
The only mob I find annoying with this build, and with this build it's VERY annoying... is the area bombers with shields, ran a faster attack map and met a pack of 7-8 blue bombers each with a shield... first cast stunned me then I got oneshotted by the rest of em.

I was actually waiting for someone to say something like this for a while now.

Yep, that mob seriously sucks for any evasion based build, especially a ranged one. The best way I've found dealing with them is to simply shoot a few times and kite around them stopping every couple of seconds to shoot again. Eventually their shields wear off and you pick them off.

Alternatively when you're confident enough with them and kill fast enough you can shoot into their shields from a distance, then leap into melee range and usually you'll kill them instantly. Your projectiles fly along with you and hit them all at once as well as your leap slam doing some significant damage and you can add in a few extra swings when you do so. You have to leap around quite a lot though to avoid getting hit at all. In maps like Palace as few as 2 or 3 hits can kill me so being on the move and knowing what you can/can't do is key in killing them.

"
talonmas wrote:
Elemental Cleave was the thing back then. Then along came Blender and physical cleave.

I see similarities here. Would a "blender" version of your build be stronger? Comparing to elecleave/blender because of the high attack speed mechanic. If physical grew stronger, so should physical version of ST do?

I've tried cyclone and I personally really hate it. The attack feels so messy and uncontrolled. This is more of a ranged build but that said I've tried putting in double strike with melee splash and that can work quite well. At this stage though from everything I've tested I believe ST to just be overpowered atm for a build like this especially.

You can try being a blender yourself because despite my hating it there are still lots of blenders out there that run it successfully and have fun.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Avicularia wrote:
This was unnecessary, as was the OP's reply to my general inquiry.

Your original enquiry was unnecessary, as is your belief that anyone gives a shit about your exalt tips.
If you are this bitchy, It's a wonder you created a guide anyways.

I mean, there are only 2 reasons to create a guide here.

1. Help other players attain a good build. (Clearly not the case since there is no leveling suggestions or passive breakdown).
2. Epeen.

I think we all know what's going on here.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info