[TUTORIAL] How to skill the ice bitch witch ^^

Great posts and video. The skill tree is rather intimidating at first glance, but with a little planning and understanding the differences between raw numbers and percentages, it can be exciting. Theres room for hundreds of different builds for all difference playstles, and you highlight many things that other people can use to build thier own, not just copy and paste.

Im saddened about hearing about the firewitch though. In most games i always tend to lean to fire which is usually focused on raw power without the crowd control of ice. Sounds like this is meant to be the same, but lacks the spells to make it more interesting than just spamming fireballs. I plan to give lighting a go, which i hope is more Area oriented as my mind tends to lean,but as im not in beta yet, i have no idea what other active skills are available.
"
aslan132 wrote:
Im saddened about hearing about the firewitch though.

Thats what I thought, too. So I created ANOTHER one... And this time, she rocks :D

Well, she is no Nova witch, but I am working on making her work very well...

I will create a tutorial of her skill setup some time this week I think.

^^
Last edited by Starcraft42 on Sep 18, 2011, 8:29:59 PM
that is a great video, i cant wait to get in the game myself and test this out. the amount of time i am going to spend just plotting out my path is going to be insane.
Thx for the video, it sure will be very useful for the begining.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Nice intro to the skill tree. Seems a well planned path (well...well planned after six not so lucky builds anyways!) Enjoyed it, as I do the stream. Keep up the good work --- lots of useful information here (even if there are differing opinions....always going to be the case).

Looking forward to a fire build when the skills get put in!
"
Starcraft42 wrote:
Quick update on the ice witch build:

I am level 49 now and in merciless. My damage output is fine, and with level 50 I will have over 1000 energy shield (even tank marauders envy me then).

- Energy shield becomes more important late game. If your shield is gone, chances are you die quickly. No shield = spell interruption = sadwitchbitch.jpg.
- Spell cast speed increase items are key! You wonna get at least 20% spell cast speed increase, if not more (items). Its frikkin awesome ^^

"
Ana wrote:
Arigatou gozaimashita Starcraft42-san.

どういたしまして!^^

Hi! Thanx a lot for very useful video! Act 2 Cruel now, ready to start investing in damage. Have several questions about this build:
1. What skills with which supports do you use?
2. What suffixes/affixes is a must when we try to find best gear?
3. Is it possible to use 5-socket weapon/5-socket shield in order to get more supports to main skill? Quality/quantity/multiple projectiles/fast cast/added damage/AoE - all of them good, but if I use 3-sock weapon I need to choose only 2...?
4. What is the best levelling tactic after lvl 40? Solo or party with this build?
5. Crafting strategies: items/orbs? Or it`s really interesting only when you can get 60-lvl items?

Thanx in advance for your answers... Would like to see other videos, especially about Marauder build strategy.
Maiden_Pain *** Witch *** Default
Oozedrool *** Marauder *** Default

"
Pindleskin wrote:

Thanx in advance for your answers... Would like to see other videos, especially about Marauder build strategy.

OMG. I just spent 20 minutes answering you and then there was an "error in your request"... oO

I am too tired to do that again ^^ will answer tomorrow or so.

Sorry ^^
"
Starcraft42 wrote:
"
Pindleskin wrote:

OMG. I just spent 20 minutes answering you and then there was an "error in your request"... oO

I am too tired to do that again ^^ will answer tomorrow or so.

Sorry ^^

Thank as lot for such a quick reply... or reply try )))
Nevermind... It`s very disturbing, when such things happen~!
Maiden_Pain *** Witch *** Default
Oozedrool *** Marauder *** Default

Yeeaahhh... just makes me wanna plat it more!

But very useful video. Just goes to show you how much planning is required...
Very nicely done StarCraft - you have raised a number of good points which may explain why my ice witches are failing in later game. Thanks for the effort you have invested in the skill tree analysis and for sharing with the rest of us :)
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info