[TUTORIAL] How to skill the ice bitch witch ^^

Greetings fellow exilees!

On my stream I received many request to explain the skill tree in general and how I skilled my magic finding ice witch in particular.

So I made a little tutorial video, in which I also shortly touch on marauder and duellist/dexer skilling.

Enjoy: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17154231

As I am sure there are many different ways of doing things out there, my build just offers one way of doing it. If you got other builds, let us know below ^^

Any questions or comments are greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Starcraft42 on Sep 9, 2011, 2:17:16 PM
this is an amazing video. makes me want to play an ice witch so bad.
Last edited by rabbit1981 on Sep 9, 2011, 1:04:53 PM
I am very interested in this. Very intelligently done, easy to understand and adds a LOT of insight on the skill tree for new players. This makes this massive skill tree so much easier to grasp. I am not nearly as intimidated as I was before. Thank you so much for this incredibly helpful tutorial!
thanks for the vid.

Finally somebody who can think for themselves, come up with a build philosophy , test it out and try again if it doesnt work.

Instead of the usual whining posts, my build didnt work ... conclusion: "game is unbalanced and its everybody fault except my own" crap from some individuals.

curious how you do solo in merciless with that build. Especially with only MF equip.

It would invalidate the notion that you have to get power charges right away to be viable or that power charges are absolutely necessary for every witch build ... (GGG are you reading this ?)

And maybe this discussion should go in the beta feedback forum instead of the general forum ... dont know if it was a posting error on your part.

Very informing and entertaining. First of the movies I have seen that talks so in depth about the passive skill system.
It looks really awesome.

Now I want to play it even more, haha.
Great video! I like how you went away from the cookie cutter build of going straight for the power charges and actually found it to be a better build. Hopefully this will encourage others to try their own unique builds.
IGN: Gemmell
Awesome video. It was very nice to get a look at just how impactful the "passive" skills can be.

Can't wait to get into the closed beta/for the open beta to start so that I can get my hands on this & try some builds :D
"You'd take a eunuch like me?"
Man, you don't differentiate between Crit Rating and Crit Damage, you value very low fixed values over percentages.
In the early to mid game (until at least lvl 40-45), the crit rating is so low, that it doesn't even matter. You need damage.
You recommend STR, for life?
The only thing I can relate is that I got my power charges very late too.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you shouldn't be advising people that have probably not played yet, at least until you level a witch beyond lvl 55-60.

If you just wanted to show off your char, I wouldn't even posted, but you named this thread Tutorial.
Last edited by BTrayaL on Sep 9, 2011, 4:05:26 PM
"
BTrayaL wrote:
Man, you don't differentiate between Crit Rating and Crit Damage, you value very low fixed values over percentages.
In the early to mid game (until at least lvl 40-45), the crit rating is so low, that it doesn't even matter. You need damage.
You recommend STR, for life?
The only thing I can relate is that I got my power charges very late too.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you shouldn't be advising people that have probably not played yet, at least until you level a witch beyond lvl 55-60.

If you just wanted to show off your char, I wouldn't even posted, but you named this thread Tutorial.

^ this

Thx a lot for this report and the video.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info