Pets should auto loot currency items and Maps.

It's really funny to read the replies and realize how many people only read the first few sentences before responding.

@OP It seems fine to me but I don't think it'll happen.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
taekvideo wrote:
It's really funny to read the replies and realize how many people only read the first few sentences before responding.

Lol. I read the title and thought "No use even opening this thread, enough people are going to flame this idea for p2win." Then I opened and read it, and had to laugh at the irony :)

But I agree, seems like a fine idea that would make pets more important end encourage more pet related microtransactions.. However, I don't like this feature. It adds too much random chance to FFA looting, which would only lead to more griefing.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
taekvideo wrote:

I think most of us read it just fine. He refers to the pet being able to loot currencies. This is a no no.
GGG - Why you no?
Taek was referring to all of the "no pay to win" comments, which have no merit because the op even said
"
Chameleon wrote:
I know GGG is against pay to win and so am I. Hear me out.

What I propose is to give everyone a “starter” Pet but make it hideously ugly or completely plain and boring.

The suggestion is 100% not pay to win, and is purely cosmetic. What Chameleon suggests is to give everyone a starter pet (aside: I would prefer plain, and not ugly; I already feel like I'm being extorted into buying pants, and RL pants are already expensive enough XD) and to provide that pet with some sort of functionality that would encourage players to want to use it, and ergo increase the motivation to buy pet cosmetics.

I like the idea, I just do not like the implementation. While I'm not a fan of competitive looting in an otherwise cooperative environment, I do recognize that looting is currently competitive. Allowing an ai to compete for you would just be... Wrong. I would be all for this if there were some other implementation to make pets more relevant than just vanity. Such as adding a small pet inventory space and the ability to run items back to town. Just as an example, I know some oppose both of these features, I use them only to show what could possibly be done to make players want to show off their pets without their pets directly interacting with other players and their actions.

Point is, giving everybody a plain basic pet, and giving that pet some sort of relevance to the game beyond vanity alone, should in theory increase the demand for pet cosmetic purchases.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jan 18, 2013, 12:23:16 PM
And after pet should be kill enemy's ;]
That little fluffy kiwi :)
CASUAL GAMER
"
IzHaN80 wrote:
Making a pet take everything from the floor. Would give you an edge, on farming speed.

I said Currency/Maps. Not "everything", not weapons, not armour, not flasks, not gems, etc.

"
CanHasPants wrote:

Point is, giving everybody a plain basic pet, and giving that pet some sort of relevance to the game beyond vanity alone, should in theory increase the demand for pet cosmetic purchases.

Nice to see at least one person's reading comprehension is working and understands what I'm saying...
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
no. i don't like pets. except kiwi.
making the pet a little bit useful and a starter pet for everyone sounds like a nice idea.
but not looting anything valuable.
I don't know what's been said, only read OP.

1. If everyone gets a pet it will take away from the micro market. Someone who wants a pet to have one won't feel the need to buy one. If they are purely cosmedic add ons people will buy it for the fun of it.

2. FFA is a big point in the game. If you have something automatically picking up loot for you then it might as well be instance loot. So generally I don't like this.

I think it's just best to keep pets a useless luxury item tbh.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I don't like the idea either. We should have mercenaries if anything, then we can customize those and give them items.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info