Pets should auto loot currency items and Maps.

I heard Chris say in one of the streams that people love Pets. Yes they do, so let's make them love Pets even more!

Currently Pets serve no purpose except for bragging rights and looks, which is fine, but they could be so much more. Pets should have the ability to auto loot currency items and Maps but not equips or weapons.

I know GGG is against pay to win and so am I. Hear me out.

What I propose is to give everyone a “starter” Pet but make it hideously ugly or completely plain and boring.

How much more awesome would a useful Pet be?! Everyone gets the benefit of the Pet and a secondary result is we would likely see more Pets bought from the CS. People see that a pet is beneficial so they want to have it out and active but as it is sooooo ugly/plain they don’t want the free/default Pet following them everywhere, so they buy a more appealing Pet from the CS. Everyone ends up happy.

There is no pay to win; it is pay to look not ugly or boring. ;-)

What’s not to like about that?
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Chameleon wrote:
I heard Chris say in one of the streams that people love Pets. Yes they do, so let's make them love Pets even more!

Currently Pets serve no purpose except for bragging rights and looks, which is fine, but they could be so much more. Pets should have the ability to auto loot currency items and Maps but not equips or weapons.

I know GGG is against pay to win and so am I. Hear me out.

What I propose is to give everyone a “starter” Pet but make it hideously ugly or completely plain and boring.

How much more awesome would a useful Pet be?! Everyone gets the benefit of the Pet and a secondary result is we would likely see more Pets bought from the CS. People see that a pet is beneficial so they want to have it out and active but as it is sooooo ugly/plain they don’t want the free/default Pet following them everywhere, so they buy a more appealing Pet from the CS. Everyone ends up happy.

There is no pay to win; it is pay to look not ugly or boring. ;-)

What’s not to like about that?

Sorry. but no. pets picking up rares/loot or anything? imbalanced and chance. very sutpid. there can be other uses for pets and definantly not auto picking up loot.
I remember this option in Maple Story. 100% pay to win. It gives a player the freedom of constant killing without any stops - serious advantage. So over powered that everyone wanted a pet for $15 a month....
A no from me.
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
"
missmisiowa wrote:
I remember this option in Maple Story. 100% pay to win. It gives a player the freedom of constant killing without any stops - serious advantage. So over powered that everyone wanted a pet for $15 a month....
A no from me.

Well put
"
missmisiowa wrote:
A no from me.

Re-read what I said. Everyone starts of with a basic Pet. There. is. no. pay. to. win.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Jan 18, 2013, 12:43:08 AM
No.
I can see it now ...

"OMFG Dudez ... your pet totally fuckin ninja'd my lewtz. It had my name on it fuck..."

No thanks.
GGG - Why you no?
Chameleon, you joined on April 22nd, shortly after one of the open weekends. You would've stayed here long enough to know GGG's stance on pay to win, also this PTW pet selling has been bought up ad nauseum.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
I think everything it's fine as it is.... Making a pet take everything from the floor. Would give you an edge, on farming speed. Not saying i am against farming faster, but definately, that should come more to a player's efficency on how to farm, what to pick, etc.
I don't think the OP is suggesting what people think.Everyone gets the pet but you pay to alter its appearance.I would still say no because it wouldn't work with FFA looting also POE doesn't have gold so it can't even have s milder use of picking up gold only(Currency items have very variable values).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info