Pets should auto loot currency items and Maps.

I do like the idea of the pet doing something - like Torchlight 2 did (haven't played the first part, so I can't say anything about that). In TL2 the pet can run to town for you, sell your useless stuff and bring back potions.

But: That's both not entirely possible in that way in PoE, because (a) no potions to buy (but scrolls) and (b) selling stuff doubles as the crafting system of PoE and needs collecting stuff over longer periods most of the time.

So, what could be possible is:

- Getting scrolls/currency items from vendors for you
- Bringing stuff to your stash
- Bringing stuff from your stash

But I think, that it's not necessary right now - not as necessary as it is in TL2 (where you are thrown at with "useful" items constantly).

- Cazy
"
Moosifer wrote:
I don't know what's been said, only read OP.

1. If everyone gets a pet it will take away from the micro market. Someone who wants a pet to have one won't feel the need to buy one. If they are purely cosmedic add ons people will buy it for the fun of it.

2. FFA is a big point in the game. If you have something automatically picking up loot for you then it might as well be instance loot. So generally I don't like this.

I think it's just best to keep pets a useless luxury item tbh.

i'm sure a slightly useful but dull pet for everyone would hugely boost the pet-micro-transactions. currently most people don't see any use in pets.
but i'm also against making the pets too important.
it has to be something which gives almost no gameplay advantage but is just nice to have.
Last edited by pob on Jan 20, 2013, 11:30:32 PM
Well, honestly speaking I want my pet do something rather than just running around. But on the other hand I'm strongly against pay2win. :(
"
Regatz wrote:
Well, honestly speaking I want my pet do something rather than just running around. But on the other hand I'm strongly against pay2win. :(

That can be easy solved by giving free players some crappy cricket pet sold by a vendor so they can have loot pet too, and all pets will have same abilities like selling stuff in town
I would buy a pet if it could pick up currency ONLY WHEN SOLOING.

If it could pick up currency while playing solo... this WOULD NOT be pay to win since anyone can pick up the currency anyways.

This idea is much less a "pay to win" convenience then say stash tabs with the chaos orb recipe.
IGN: Turkey_turds, Lootsplosion_LvNINTHOUS, Who_Needs_pants_

Currently: OFFLINE
Last edited by FirefoxG on Mar 27, 2013, 8:05:16 AM
NO
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
No.
IGN: Caydranth
No, this is a bad / dumb idea.

Just how is my little kiwi supposed to 'pick up' that Glorious Plate, anyway?
"
missmisiowa wrote:
I remember this option in Maple Story. 100% pay to win. It gives a player the freedom of constant killing without any stops - serious advantage. So over powered that everyone wanted a pet for $15 a month....
A no from me.

I loved my squirrel picking stuff up..

I like the idea, at least just for currency would take away a lot of the tediousness of picking up items.

If it is balance you are worried about, only make it pick up low level currency, transmutes, augmentation, alteration, and scrolls. These currencies drop like hot cakes and annoying to have a pick up (cause you got to pick them up from time to time or you will need them).
One way to make them useful considering a lot of people solo play anyways....

**Have them count as an item quantity multiplier as though there were another party member?

It would help the people that solo mainly be increasing drops and late game, potentially map drops?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info