after seeing D3 beta streams, I'm now convinced that...

Dont forget, Blizzard games ALWAYS live up to hype, and then some more...
Am I wrong? Example please?[/quote]Cataclysm and sc2 although both are opinions[/quote]

Cataclysm is the 3rd or so explansion for the game, and SC2 lived up to hype.
eSports of Starcraft world boomed all over the world. There are $100.000 tournaments montly in Korea, and couple one in USA for lot less, but still, SC2 DID live up to hype....
Having never played any similar games until I tried diablo 2 last year, I wasn't particulary interested in D3. It wasn't until I saw PoE streamed a few weeks ago that I had even heard of the game but I feel like it has some sort of draw that Diablo and most other games in the genre don't. It's a very exciting time. At least, I'm excited.
"
Degn89 wrote:
"
meskalin64 wrote:
I will probable play diablo3 but wont be paying for it.
I dont see the point in playing it online with all the botters/hackers and noobs in bought high end gear.

Sorry to ask, but wont pay for it? D3 most likely wont be cracked in a looooooong time (and especially not hacked, or botters for that sake). You do realize the D3 "game" will never be available to anyone right? Theres a reason they force people to play online. Its because most of the game is not on the players computer. That way you will have a hard time:

1. Cracking the game. To do so would require a simulated server, which would never be the same as their own servers (dumber ai, lack of content, etc etc).

2. Making bots. As you would know if you had done any kind of research / reading up on the game, a single player environment is pretty much required to create a decent bot. There you can lame about with all kinds of things and noone would be able to find out. Creating a bot while you're online on the other hand... That is some risky business.

3. Hacking will be very difficult. If you think people will be able to dupe items etc, id like to refer to WoW (even though i dont play it myself and find it boring). I'm 99% certain, if not more, that you cant dupe items in WoW, simply because all items get their own ID. Therefore, if someone dupes, 2 items would have the same ID, and the character holding these two identical items would almost instantly be detected.

Now the noobs in highend gear, i can only say that its fine with me since ill probably be the one providing them with the gear. For the right price, of course. And they still wont be able to play the game well, which means Inferno will still be too difficult for them to get through :p

Since local files of D3 will have EVERYTHING you need to play a game, the simplest crack will be to "persuade" the game to save on "local server". There will be no need for any third-party server software.

See 1.

I strongly disbelieve that each item will have it's unique item_id in the system, simply because there will be literally hundreds of billions of them - because of the randomness nature of the items dropped. Just think of how many items you've single-handedly "gone through" while playing D2. Here i might be wrong and blizz might actually go for a system with unique item id system, but the database... uh oh... i don't even want to think what hardware would be needed to track all changes in such environment with 64-bit integer as item_id in real time.
More info may share GGG devs. by simply describing as to whether their system is built this way or not.

To the duping items. When the crack to single player will be done, there will be editors etc, that's 100% sure.
Duping items on live servers however, i don't believe to be possible, even if client-server data-stream will be decoded.
"
2BearqLoza wrote:
Dont forget, Blizzard games ALWAYS live up to hype, and then some more...
Am I wrong? Example please?
Cataclysm and sc2 although both are opinions[/quote]

Cataclysm is the 3rd or so explansion for the game, and SC2 lived up to hype.
eSports of Starcraft world boomed all over the world. There are $100.000 tournaments montly in Korea, and couple one in USA for lot less, but still, SC2 DID live up to hype....[/quote]

When blizzard really created 'great' games, there wasn't any hype yet... they were putting out brand new top games in an era where they didn't have the backing they do now to produce such hype.

Since then, they've held par, at best, with WOW, and done essentially jack squat else... SC2 as an engine is pretty cool, but SC2 as a game, despite being popular, did nothing so out of the box that I would say that they live up to and/or surpassed the massive hype they had for that game.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Both games look good. POE has much more of an MMO feel than D3 does. It would be nice to see POE do good, since its so unique.
I've been incredibly anxious for Diablo 3, ever since it was announced and especially lately with all the vids and media about it.

Now this game has gone and turned it all upside down, I am extremely excited for this game as well. I will still buy Blizzard's behemoth game, but I'm not sure it will be as good as this game is looking.
Funnily enough the Always Online DRM and the lack of Moddability are two big turnoffs for me in Diablo 3, but don't really bother me about Path of Exile.

I guess it's just the good memories of times spent at LANs playing D2 mods with friends and the fact that Blizzard have intentionally gone out of their way to prevent that in the future.
"
Degn89 wrote:
"
meskalin64 wrote:
I will probable play diablo3 but wont be paying for it.
I dont see the point in playing it online with all the botters/hackers and noobs in bought high end gear.

Sorry to ask, but wont pay for it? D3 most likely wont be cracked in a looooooong time (and especially not hacked, or botters for that sake). You do realize the D3 "game" will never be available to anyone right? Theres a reason they force people to play online. Its because most of the game is not on the players computer. That way you will have a hard time:

1. Cracking the game. To do so would require a simulated server, which would never be the same as their own servers (dumber ai, lack of content, etc etc).

2. Making bots. As you would know if you had done any kind of research / reading up on the game, a single player environment is pretty much required to create a decent bot. There you can lame about with all kinds of things and noone would be able to find out. Creating a bot while you're online on the other hand... That is some risky business.

3. Hacking will be very difficult. If you think people will be able to dupe items etc, id like to refer to WoW (even though i dont play it myself and find it boring). I'm 99% certain, if not more, that you cant dupe items in WoW, simply because all items get their own ID. Therefore, if someone dupes, 2 items would have the same ID, and the character holding these two identical items would almost instantly be detected.

Now the noobs in highend gear, i can only say that its fine with me since ill probably be the one providing them with the gear. For the right price, of course. And they still wont be able to play the game well, which means Inferno will still be too difficult for them to get through :p

1.Starcraft2 was cracked very fast and basicly every game gets cracked within a week or so.
2.Bots have been in all similar recent games ive played so. What you mean with a bot may be a different question.
3.Maby you havent played Diablo1-2. They were duped to hell. I agree Diablo3 will prob be very hard to hack. But ppl always find some kind of exploit. Since this game is very popular there will be more ppl trying and trying harder to exploit.
And Blizzard have been kind and created a cash out shop for the hackers that succeed.
I dont think it will take very long for someone to earn very very much money on an exploit.
"
Dennder wrote:
[

Since local files of D3 will have EVERYTHING you need to play a game, the simplest crack will be to "persuade" the game to save on "local server". There will be no need for any third-party server software.

This is incorrect. All mobs, NPC's, objects and anything else you can interact with are generated server side by Blizzard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info