after seeing D3 beta streams, I'm now convinced that...

If you're worried about the funding of Path of Exile compared to Diablo, make sure that you and your friends and their friends and so on - realise that the in-game multi-transactions, although they may not provide much benefit to you, they can be used as a means to donate to GGG. ;)
NSW, Australia.
I don't think funding is an issue for now. Both games use a fairly simple design and from what I've seen of Diablo 3, it is a pretty drastic departure from the previous games.

I won't judge it until I play it, but from what I've seen it looks rather boring. If the gameplay is better in PoE, then that is all that matters, regardless of how much they add on to Diablo 3.
Everyone seems so let down by D3. It's gonna have to be pretty bad to get me to not play it. But POE looks pretty boss too. The fact that it's free is a big plus in my book. It looks awesome and I can't wait to play it.
Once I heard about what they were doing in D3 I instantly lost interest with it, This game looks really good, and It's free to play which is a big plus, Shows that the company is not a huge money gobbling machine like blizzard.
Been watching 1080p beta gameplay videos and I love it, I hope I get into the beta! I got some friends ready to play through it. I don't care about the real money auction house because me and my friends won't be using it and it doesn't affect us if someone else does. =) I'm a huge Diablo fan since I was a kid, and that hasn't changed one bit!
"
diablofan wrote:
Been watching 1080p beta gameplay videos and I love it, I hope I get into the beta! I got some friends ready to play through it. I don't care about the real money auction house because me and my friends won't be using it and it doesn't affect us if someone else does. =) I'm a huge Diablo fan since I was a kid, and that hasn't changed one bit!

Isn't that true? Once a fan, always a fan! We can see past the flaws, as we did with Diablo 2.
From all the things I lost
I miss my mind the most !

[EU Player]
Actually diablo 3 has very nice aspects that was boring in d2. I plan to buy diablo 3 the day first it cames out.I hope it wont be too expensive.
I will quit smoking and dota if i get a key.
I have plenty of time(8++) to play.
I also offer slavery.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/6677
Last edited by mart2807 on Sep 10, 2011, 6:34:58 PM
What I saw from videos, I am really impressed with almost every aspect.

I still like PoE.. but c'mon...Diablo 3 looks just outstanding and fun.
with blizzard its almost like a lose lose situation. if the ah microtrans is a success then more of their future games will probably become buy to win. if it fails then we will probably see content future content being pulled out of patches and put into xpack after xpack overpriced at the 39.99$ range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info