after seeing D3 beta streams, I'm now convinced that...

I just think both games have different costumers.

D3
+ polished and stable almost to perfection.
- pay for the game, pay expansion, pay for extra pets, pay for mounts, pay for clothes, pay for whatever they load the blizzard store with.

PoE
+ Free to play.
- Less polished and/or stable.

I mean in my country it is hard for Blizzard to sell their stuff. The majority of the teenagers here play ONLY free stuff. They won't pay for a game when they have free games everywhere regardless of quality since pcs here are also weak and outdated.

So IMO, different games, different public, different goals.
“We must become the change we want to see.”
Mahatma Gandhi
Oh my... where to start? D3 is in beta, thereby they are polishing gameplay mechanics, such as mana regen rate etc.

The beta is played in normal mode, it supposed to be easy, because there are THREE more difficulty levels: Nightmare, Hell and Inferno.

Inventory not tetris anymore? guess what if you have any clue it is today despised. Oh my
stash is full, what to do? oh mule and possibly lose my items...

Such a stupid argument.

And the art style is wowish, a tiny fraction, but if you would have had a decent computer and watch som 1080p screens/video's you could see that its alot more moody and dark, the whole game is like a dark and gritty painting.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6317/title/deckard-cain/cat/633
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6320/title/jar-of-souls/cat/633

Then we have haters that belive Blizzard is beeing manipulated by Activison. What's there to say, they simply merged fundings, and they have stated numerous of times that they will not even put one finger in the development and release in any of their franchise's. stop spouting that nonsense.

But thats not all, there are haters that put all of d2 credit to the development team "Blizzard North" and that d3 is not being developed by them, so be default it will suck... Guess what BLIZZARD NORTH made HELLGATE LONDON, wich utterly sucked donkey balls, so they had to CLOSE their servers, guess it speaks for itself.

And last there are haters that as soon as you mention D3 they go "buy your way into power with real money" First off, the game is not an MMO, there is no "power" to be gained over anyone, and secondly ppl were already doing it in d2, they just made it safer, and gives the "power of the market" to the player, meaning the player base dictades the price, not some shitty 3rd party site. Even in D2 you had the option to buy items or not, now you got it again. just dont use it like in d2 if you hate it so much. Thats not all, we even get the option to only sell items for cash, if that fits your playstyle, still its all optional.

They added the Auction house, for the players to drive the trade market, its not like they put up items for sale to gain extra money. They added it for those who want that way, you dont have to use it.

Seems like everybody likes to jump on the bandwagon of hate based upon someones else conclusions. fucking use your head before posting.

And yes THERE ARE PENTAGRAMS in D3, Cause if you actully watched some screenshots you'd see it even in the SKILL BAR!

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/pentagrams-sighted

D3 is lightyears ahead in every department, though PoE is Light years ahead of every other indie developed ARPG.
Last edited by Ghoetic on Sep 11, 2011, 8:37:15 AM
"
Ghoetic wrote:
Oh my... where to start? D3 is in beta, thereby they are polishing gameplay mechanics, such as mana regen rate etc.

The beta is played in normal mode, it supposed to be easy, because there are THREE more difficulty levels: Nightmare, Hell and Inferno.

Inventory not tetris anymore? guess what if you have any clue it is today despised. Oh my
stash is full, what to do? oh mule and possibly lose my items...

Such a stupid argument.

And the art style is wowish, a tiny fraction, but if you would have had a decent computer and watch som 1080p screens/video's you could see that its alot more moody and dark, the whole game is like a dark and gritty painting.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6317/title/deckard-cain/cat/633
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6320/title/jar-of-souls/cat/633

Then we have haters that belive Blizzard is beeing manipulated by Activison. What's there to say, they simply merged fundings, and they have stated numerous of times that they will not even put one finger in the development and release in any of their franchise's. stop spouting that nonsense.

But thats not all, there are haters that put all of d2 credit to the development team "Blizzard North" and that d3 is not being developed by them, so be default it will suck... Guess what BLIZZARD NORTH made HELLGATE LONDON, wich utterly sucked donkey balls, so they had to CLOSE their servers, guess it speaks for itself.

And last there are haters that as soon as you mention D3 they go "buy your way into power with real money" First off, the game is not an MMO, there is no "power" to be gained over anyone, and secondly ppl were already doing it in d2, they just made it safer, and gives the "power of the market" to the player, meaning the player base dictades the price, not some shitty 3rd party site. Even in D2 you had the option to buy items or not, now you got it again. just dont use it like in d2 if you hate it so much. Thats not all, we even get the option to only sell items for cash, if that fits your playstyle, still its all optional.

They added the Auction house, for the players to drive the trade market, its not like they put up items for sale to gain extra money. They added it for those who want that way, you dont have to use it.

Seems like everybody likes to jump on the bandwagon of hate based upon someones else conclusions. fucking use your head before posting.

And yes THERE ARE PENTAGRAMS in D3, Cause if you actully watched some screenshots you'd see it even in the SKILL BAR!

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/pentagrams-sighted

D3 is lightyears ahead in every department, though PoE is Light years ahead of every other indie developed ARPG.

Let's see...
I have my gaming computer hooked up to a 63' tv that can look at and run 1080p videos/screenshots...
I've watched ALOT of 1080p Diablo 3 videos.
It's not dark, and it's not gritty at ALL. Something is wrong with your head sir, also Hellgate: London sucks??? That is one of the most memorable games I've ever played, hell I play Hellgate: Global now (Yes, Hellgate came back, and its free to play).

I could care less about the auction house, I could care less about pentagrams, but the fact is Blizzard took the wrong turn with D3. I would use the word "silly" to describe it instead of "dark" or "gritty" or even "scary", it just seems silly...

Its art style is basically enough, the same as WoW, its (5) classes are the worst choices for the game... I mean really???? REALLY??? A "Witch Doctor" over a Necromancer?!?!?! You've got to be kidding me... A "Wizard" over a sorceress? A "Monk" over a Paladin? A "Demon Hunter" Which looks EXACTLY like a dark elf off of WoW, don't even deny it, over an Amazon...

When it comes down to it, Diablo 3 is just one word. Disappointing.
Anything that starts a dialog between the two is a good thing- haters will abound on both sides of the aisle no matter what.

If each of these games can push each other to do things they may not have been motivated to do if they were alone in the market niche, the real winner will be the gamer in the end.......
i will not get d3 after all the crap they have done to it like no stat/skill points or the fact that now u have to replay a game to back track no more runs from what iv heard from beta testers im wanting PoE more than any other game right now well almost as much as skyrim
Last edited by exdeath on Sep 11, 2011, 8:47:52 AM
"
Tha_Cursed wrote:

Let's see...
I have my gaming computer hooked up to a 63' tv that can look at and run 1080p videos/screenshots...
It's not dark, and it's not gritty at ALL. Something is wrong with your head sir, also Hellgate: London sucks??? That is one of the most memorable games I've ever played, hell I play Hellgate: Global now (Yes, Hellgate came back, and its free to play).

I could care less about the auction house, I could care less about pentagrams, but the fact is Blizzard took the wrong turn with D3. I would use the word "silly" to describe it instead of "dark" or "gritty" or even "scary", it just seems silly...

Its art style is basically enough, the same as WoW, its (5) classes are the worst choices for the game... I mean really???? REALLY??? A "Witch Doctor" over a Necromancer?!?!?! You've got to be kidding me... A "Wizard" over a sorceress? A "Monk" over a Paladin? A "Demon Hunter" Which looks EXACTLY like a dark elf off of WoW, don't even deny it, over an Amazon...

Basicly what you are saying, that a game that failed missreably HG:L, it the most memorable? you should have youre head checked.

What is wrong with the classes, if i want the old classes then i can play D2 instead. like, in PoE, a Witch instead of a sorcress? bullshit, and marauder instead of barbarian???!, Duelist instead of Assasin, wtf? and a templar over a paladin?...

That argument is stupid and pointless. D3 is NOT an D2 Expansion, whatever you may belive, just as PoE is neither.

And to say that the DH looks like a elf from wow, just states that your either mentally handicapped or havent used your 1080p 63" screen to look at the char creation, or gameplay videos. If you so wholeheartedly belive it, show me a comparison screen or video..

Sure, they have have gotten some inspiration in regards of game mechanics from wow, but thats minimal, and guess what? you cant argue with 12+ million paying subscribers. That says it all, even though you may not like some decisions thats THEIR to make.
"
Ghoetic wrote:
"
Tha_Cursed wrote:

Let's see...

Basicly what you are saying, that a game that failed missreably HG:L, it the most memorable? you should have youre head checked.

What is wrong with the classes, if i want the old classes then i can play D2 instead. like, in PoE, a Witch instead of a sorcress? bullshit, and marauder instead of barbarian???!, Duelist instead of Assasin, wtf? and a templar over a paladin?...

That argument is stupid and pointless. D3 is NOT an D2 Expansion, whatever you may belive, just as PoE is neither.

And to say that the DH looks like a elf from wow, just states that your either mentally handicapped or havent used your 1080p 63" screen to look at the char creation, or gameplay videos. If you so wholeheartedly belive it, show me a comparison screen or video..

Sure, they have have gotten some inspiration in regards of game mechanics from wow, but thats minimal, and guess what? you cant argue with 12+ million paying subscribers. That says it all, even though you may not like some decisions thats THEIR to make.

This is how your redundant points make me feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5mLjKI968g
"
exdeath wrote:
i will not get d3 after all the crap they have done to it like no stat/skill points or the fact that now u have to replay a game to back track no more runs from what iv heard from beta testers im wanting PoE more than any other game right now well almost as much as skyrim

ignorant poster is ignorant

Anyways, I always win the end, I'll play both games and enjoy them. LULZ AT U
i will also play both games. but i also understand people who dont want to play d3 anymore after hearing things like no stats und skillpoints.
i just feel like blizzard wants to control everything about our gaming experience. i.e.think back to the crazy characterbuilds in d2. i dont know if such things will be possible in d3.
as some of you said d3 will "be polished and stable almost to perfection" but will it also be fun? i think everybody has different ideas of fun. but i am a bit disappointed at the current impression of d3.
GUESS WHAT?

I wont favorize any game for its name or previous version. If d2 was good that dont mean automaticly that d3 will be good aswell ,they are seperate games with just similar names.

I will for sure check out d3 ,for sure will be playing PoE aswell.
The one who is better wins ,simple as that.
We will see with one wins when they both finish development stage and go on release.

For now i must say that PoE got better graphic ,potion system ,nice passive skill tree and nice skill system.
While diablo3 got nice looking skills ,got nice skill modification system too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info