after seeing D3 beta streams, I'm now convinced that...

the only thing i like about diablo 3 is the 4 modes normal nightmare hell and inferno and thats not even close enough for me to buy it
Last edited by exdeath on Sep 11, 2011, 11:58:49 AM
"
bruticus wrote:
This game defintely looks better, my only concern is that Blizzard has so much funding that they can add and add and add to their game, similar to WOW, there are other MMO's better than WOW, but WOW keeps adding so much content and polish, that its hard for a new MMO to come along and compete... I sure hope this isn't the case for Exile... since it does look good. key will be to find the issues and make it play smoothed and polished now, things are a lot more cheaper to fix and improve on prior to release.

well let's ne honest here: what have they added to the game? Online enforcement and a stupid auction house that will be flooded with items that were farmed by chinese detainees.

On the other hand, they have removed a lot, like almost all rpg elements and replaced them with autustats and autoskills. They removed the to-hit-roll, which beforehand was a reason to invest in dexterity (well you can't invest skillpoints in D3).

Personally, I perceive D3 as a huge downgrade.
From what I've seen in gameplay videos :
-PoE seems to have better graphics than D3 imho, lights effects are just fantastic,
-PoE seems to be more hardcore than D3 (skills, strategies etc ...) which for me is positive, and last but not least PoE is free. I'm looking forward to test each game to see which one I prefer.
God every one keeps saying that D3 is guna suck. It's just like DEUS EX3, every one said it was guna suck from what they could tell from the beta and then what happened....

You guys are judging something off of a few gameplays from a beta :/

And I bet if some one trashed PoE you would defend it by said "It's just a beta"

come on guys how bout we wait for some thing to be for sale befor we trash it :(
I am glad to see there are other games out there it only adds to the appeal and broadens the options for those of us who truly love the ARPG genre. I can say without a doubt I will be buying TL2 and D3.
Honestly, I'm not at all surprised that path of exile is looking much better than D3 at the moment. Blizzard lost the magic a while back. Now they're too busy tweaking their games based off what marketing tells them to so they can appeal to the broadest market. The result is you have a lot of lame design choices and a game that will be astoundingly polished, but feel terribly mediocre and not have any particular personality. I've seen the videos, I've been casually following it to see what they're doing, and I'm not really a fan of any of it. They're just diverting further and further away from the style and feel of the first two games (and the 2nd one was already a bit of a departure) and it's really just starting to feel a bit forced/trite at this point.

GGG seems to be content with doing their own thing and I'm can typically always get behind a dev group that does that. Torchlight 2 is likely going to be fun as well, but it still lacks the dark fantasy setting that PoE is going for, and I appreciate that they're trying something interesting with the skill system.

Here's hoping PoE does well, and that GGG keeps true to their ideals in the long run.
Last edited by Valkesh on Sep 11, 2011, 3:15:54 PM
Do hope for Exile to turn out great as well. Loving the gems, and especially the talent tree! I get very tired of having to build a character one way in every game I ever play to be considered half-way decent.
Just another player, waiting patiently for his chance at beta.

Also, I am interested in meeting exciting people to play with.

Need a friend? Feel free to message me for convos! YES Homo!
I will probable play diablo3 but wont be paying for it.
I dont see the point in playing it online with all the botters/hackers and noobs in bought high end gear.
"
Lompra wrote:

well let's ne honest here: what have they added to the game? Online enforcement and a stupid auction house that will be flooded with items that were farmed by chinese detainees.

On the other hand, they have removed a lot, like almost all rpg elements and replaced them with autustats and autoskills. They removed the to-hit-roll, which beforehand was a reason to invest in dexterity (well you can't invest skillpoints in D3).

Personally, I perceive D3 as a huge downgrade.

And you obviously dont understand why they made the changes they did. There was no fun in:
STR/DEX req for items
Rest in Vitality
Nothing in energy

That was it. Nothing amazing about it, and definitely not fun? Skill builds? Around 20 in 2-4 synergy skills + 20 (must) in main skill, 1 point in one-point-wonders and prerequisites. How often did a character use 6 different abilities constantly to kill things? Thats right, never. Besides that, id suggest not underestimating the skill required to actually beat D3 hell + inferno, when blizzard says its going to be difficult, it probably is.

The D3 beta is extremely short btw, and shouldnt really be used to compare anything. Its a server stress test beta, not a beta to test content.

Lastly, ill be playing both games (probably mostly D3 for the money to be made on AH) since one is free and the other is a one time payment (that will pay itself back given enough time played :P). And noone with the money available should pass D3 if they enjoyed D1 and D2, since im sure D3 will be a great game. So will Path of Exile. Its about time we get a great Hack'n'slash game! :D Been waiting 10 years :P
"
meskalin64 wrote:
I will probable play diablo3 but wont be paying for it.
I dont see the point in playing it online with all the botters/hackers and noobs in bought high end gear.

Sorry to ask, but wont pay for it? D3 most likely wont be cracked in a looooooong time (and especially not hacked, or botters for that sake). You do realize the D3 "game" will never be available to anyone right? Theres a reason they force people to play online. Its because most of the game is not on the players computer. That way you will have a hard time:

1. Cracking the game. To do so would require a simulated server, which would never be the same as their own servers (dumber ai, lack of content, etc etc).

2. Making bots. As you would know if you had done any kind of research / reading up on the game, a single player environment is pretty much required to create a decent bot. There you can lame about with all kinds of things and noone would be able to find out. Creating a bot while you're online on the other hand... That is some risky business.

3. Hacking will be very difficult. If you think people will be able to dupe items etc, id like to refer to WoW (even though i dont play it myself and find it boring). I'm 99% certain, if not more, that you cant dupe items in WoW, simply because all items get their own ID. Therefore, if someone dupes, 2 items would have the same ID, and the character holding these two identical items would almost instantly be detected.

Now the noobs in highend gear, i can only say that its fine with me since ill probably be the one providing them with the gear. For the right price, of course. And they still wont be able to play the game well, which means Inferno will still be too difficult for them to get through :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info