My Guide to Kripparrian's Original 2H Physical Sword Spectral Throw Ranger [1.0.4]

"
XenoNerve wrote:
Thanks Chaelp for the feedback, I saw at the first(or second?) page that you modified the spell set for CoDT. is it still CODT - Warlord's - endurind cry - morlten shell?? or I can select other spell?
Peace

You can use whatever you want, its just what I use. You can use whatever curse you want, or dont use molten shell and use something else, its all up to you, I would definitely use enduring cry though.
I asked because I wanted to use Immortal Call - CwDT - endurying cry - molten shell. What do you think?
quick noob question: is elemental 2H sword (ex: Oro's sacrifice or Yellow Infernal Sword) good for this build or because of physical damage I should get a Lion/tiger/etc sword?
"
XenoNerve wrote:
quick noob question: is elemental 2H sword (ex: Oro's sacrifice or Yellow Infernal Sword) good for this build or because of physical damage I should get a Lion/tiger/etc sword?

This is a pure physical build, so no.
I rolled my first char since closed beta close to Kripps build. I dont use blood magic though. I had planed to switch to it later, but then i realized i got enough mana to play without bm with Clarity and Hatred.
I got a slightly different skilltree, bc i wanted "Leather and Steel" and the 12%ias from Acceleration. So i could pick up Mana Flows on the fly.

I am quite happy with the build. If I'd use Blood Magic i could reset some points, but would loose a Supportgemslot. I dont think thats worth it.
Last edited by hasufel on Jan 22, 2014, 9:45:53 AM
"
hasufel wrote:
I rolled my first char since closed beta close to Kripps build. I dont use blood magic though. I had planed to switch to it later, but then i realized i got enough mana to play without bm with Clarity and Hatred.
I got a slightly different skilltree, bc i wanted "Leather and Steel" and the 12%ias from Acceleration. So i could pick up Mana Flows on the fly.

I am quite happy with the build. If I'd use Blood Magic i could reset some points, but would loose a Supportgemslot. I dont think thats worth it.

Without using Grace though you are losing a lot of the survivability.
Yeah, but my options are quite limited. I got a 4 link weapon and a 5 link strength based chest. I couldnt get more then 1 green socket on the chest (about 200 chromatics so far).
Atm i use st - fa - lmp - loh in the weapon and ds - multistrike - melee splash - melee phy - ll.
My weapons as is 1.0.
Spectral Throw without fa is extremly slow. DS is fun since i included the melee splash gem.

Think I'll test if I can handle ST without BM with both hatred and grace running. That could work out.
Soo.. Hey
I've been following that guide since I started, so lemme ask the main question I'm thinking: is there any efficient way to up my dps?
My gear is the following:

Basically i've got all I need besides the added fire 20% gem, I guess my weapon is good enough, even though it lacks on attackspeed (i think the pdps is around 450 if i reckon).

My rings aren't too bad, I'm barely rescapped on fire so I had to buy res rings pretty much, one doesn't have any attack speed, that may be a good way to get some dps.
I'm quite forced to use Carnage Heart since I do not have any lifeleech on any item. The attributes also help for the dps increase.

I've got roughly 3.4 life at level 73, my dps is around 6k with spectral throw per projectile (lmp as you can see) + my 6L chest gives me the opportunity to handle those 2 gems.

So yeah, i'm only 73, missing 2 or 3 offensive nodes, I would like to know where you'd go speaking of the passive tree to increase that efficiency further? Would you have an updated and working passive tree that would work for further?

Thank you!
Cheers Chaelp! I've basicaly spent all the tree points as you did in you're build. Curently I am level 85. Where do you recommend to spend further more in the Tree? THX in advanced ! you're great m8!
can someone explain to me why he didnt take ballistic mastery at the start?
those projectile damage and primal spirit arent such bad nodes, arent they?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info