My Guide to Kripparrian's Original 2H Physical Sword Spectral Throw Ranger [1.0.4]

Read the bosses properties for fk sake lol

"
chaelp wrote:
"
kauZeyh wrote:
faster projectiles is not worth using as support gem?
for example, if we go the phys. damage only route, why using Weapon Elemental?

It's worth using if you want your spec throw to go farther, but if you want more damage use Physical Projectile Damage or Weapon Elemental

So my next question is, is it worth taking the wed node/nodes? They're near, if we want to survive reflects, we need the counterpart.

Something like this.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FLQguGNsZjiFgQKBKfVb6W69noHTxfPWHdooim42eucCmwPPBB9N-137dDe2D7g7vevzFr-s0NWBLeu907YTvYSGHapBsqZSE2SXfG_qkGW5pvqfSTcAPAdy-ingNWK826AHnn8uvohDwOlIS4TqzMn6GYFYEYVIbqojtbUqBOqlutfJuqkrIiq-QEYLkvrw1kv6PTeOmVzGerFmI8acw976ezdIhVw2RzoUyTioppcS41fjvhtlhGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZ1I-53fIv7w5nmykududlTUd-q8XdRmOn_E78iesJLOkVIA==

Go mele splash doublestrike + infernal blow/heavy strike for the knock back, spectral throw, fire trap, freezemine/coldsnap/totem + blood magic for curses, + clarity + auras. Pretty basic

Nemesis.

Offtopic: speakin of the knockback, thought Marauder with the 3 points next to legendary swordman could be good. Fending. Anyone has tried that?
Last edited by Wenceslakovitz on Jan 1, 2014, 12:35:43 AM
hey chaelp
im 55 Ranger following ur build this is my tree

this is my gear
Spoiler

heres the problem i killed dominus cruel already and im struggling with covering my bad resist and in prisoner gate at merciless act 1
can you please help me out with advices , ive been trying to farm ledge since level 52 but i gained no gear upgrades

thanks
bump
can you please give me some advices
im hitting a wall with my resist , life and dps

my ST dps is doing 950 ish
DS is 2,3k ish
my Hp is around 2,5k

resist is not even capped
Get better gear ? )

Just started playing this build again, lvl 55, stats so far, with Grace+Hatred active:

Spectral:
ST + LMP + Faster Proj + BM = 1400 dps [shoots offscreen]
ST + LMP + Faster Attacks + BM = 1630 dps

Heavy Strike (without any supports) - 5000 dps, with supports will probably be around 7000-10000

Armour: 8k, without big evasion cluster - phys reflect deals almost no damage, at least less than life leech.
With 5 end charges + Armour/Evasion Flask phys reflect shouldn't even be noticeable.

Since both attacks and curse are linked to blood magic, no need in mana / mana potions, which is great.

HP is 1.8k, but I skipped pretty much all hp nodes, will get them later.

Biggest threat is burst elemental damage I guess, since against phys you can just use Jade flask.

About resists - gear-dependent. Even playing self-found I can cap resists most of the times with some resist+life rares that I found, and I don't really play much.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 3, 2014, 8:31:03 PM
"
vaiNe_ wrote:

The amulet allows me to run ST and Double Strike without blood magic or life leech, using 4 damage supports instead, resulting in 30k dps double strike and 6k spectral throw (LMPd) on 5 links, 5k hp, 6k armor. Fantastic build.

I tried to run with a similar amulet and no blood magic, my dps sure increased in theory but i often hit 0 mana and it decreases my dps and increase the risks. So i prefer to keep blood magic for now but maybe you changed a bit your passive skills tree?

Because it could be a great way to increase my dps which is a bit too low in my opinion (2k8 st and 16k ds at lvl 82 with 5Ls)

otherwise, really great build, enjoying it a lot, first character and having no particular difficulty in maps lvl 73.
IGN: MadAelaHC
Last edited by Groumpif on Jan 3, 2014, 10:07:01 PM
"
Hectrix wrote:
bump
can you please give me some advices
im hitting a wall with my resist , life and dps

my ST dps is doing 950 ish
DS is 2,3k ish
my Hp is around 2,5k

resist is not even capped

Overall I feel you are running too many leveling uniques

Get a 5link? Hell a 4 link would greatly boost your damage, consider the gems faster attacks for your ST. You don't need wurms molt if you are running slitherpinch. Either replace the gloves or the belt, I recommend replacing both since you can easily get better gloves at your level with life leech and more defense like life rolls or ele res. Your weapon is fine you can definitely upgrade your jewelry, you can easily cap your res with a better amulet

Great guide

I changed 1 little thing though, i took resolute technique and dropped one phys damage + accuracy circle

in the end i gained more strenght for Iron grip so the damage loss wasn't that high(27%) but i got rid of accuracy problems for good

in the end it might not be worth it because from ~94% i was at to 100% accuracy is not that great increase but it helps more than it looks like

sometimes i'll miss a pack 2 times consecutively or something like that and i find myself in problems because no life leech, now that's a non issue

it just feels to me like i sacrificed a bit of potential damage for guranteed damage + tankiness

RT is just to good in my eyes to pass it
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jan 7, 2014, 4:45:30 AM
noob question: why use Resolute Tech with swords? You waste the accuracy inherit bonus on swords. Isn't better to use axes, which (if i'm not wrong) could have better physical dmg bonus?
Because lategame you need to have +Accuracy on your equipment to have a decent hit rate and sometimes mid cruel till end of merciless while you don't have good equipment and can't afford to invest in accuracy nodes so early your accuracy levels can be pretty low, i found myself being at 89% when i decided to take RT

End game you can easily respec out of RT and that's what i plan on doing, after i get some +Accuracy gloves, amulets and a weapon

percentage bonus accuracy nodes aren't efficient withou having high accuracy number to start with
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jan 9, 2014, 9:20:35 AM
ok got it, but then, would't be more point efficienty to use axes or maces with RT than have swords, no RT, and not enough point for focus on crit-chance?

If you respec-out RT then ,as u sayd, u must find more pieces of gear with accuracy (making item selection even more difficoult)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info