My Guide to Kripparrian's Original 2H Physical Sword Spectral Throw Ranger [1.0.4]

"
marcvz wrote:
The Cast when DMG Taken link is wrong.
You use blood magic with it, but gems supported by CWDT cost no mana.
So you can remove this one and put in enfeeble or something.

I had no clue, I'll fix this, hahaha..
Just got to 60, amazing fun. Must say I tried the codt with summon skele and it seems pretty effective.
Ign: Pandamower
i'm currently leveling the Physical Projectile Attack Damage gem to see if it will be better than Added Fire on spectral throw, early testing though pretty much is indicating that it is not... A 20% version might be though....
Yeah please report back, curious myself on swapping it between FA or added fire. I am running blood magic but only have a 4 link, if I could get a 5 link i could run both, unfortunately I rerolled my 5L sword since I found another with similar dps, and wish I had kept it because I can't make it better.

at first glance it didn't look all that impressive, although it gives us another option.
can people start sharing there build / items / stats etc

one thing is to have a build, people always change a little bit and posting items and stats really help out for options or thing one havent thought on oneself.

im playing nemesis facerolled from start to cruel domi just with crap uniqs and random selffound items in one sitting :-)

I am surprised that you have such bad experience with Physical Projectile Attack Damage.
It is adding with MORE - meaning that the modifier is actually multiplied with what you already have from your skill tree. And added fire ... well it only adds to what you already have.
And on top of that, the modifier on Physical Projectile Attack Damage is greater than on added fire.

But I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know (I am just surprised)
------------------------------------------------

@Kasp: I am considering in my build to do something like this

By doing that I can free a slot by not using blood magic. Especially if I could find a high quality reduced mana gem.
One thing I could use would then be using both Physical Projectile Attack Damage and added fire ...
"
sikker wrote:
I am surprised that you have such bad experience with Physical Projectile Attack Damage.
It is adding with MORE - meaning that the modifier is actually multiplied with what you already have from your skill tree. And added fire ... well it only adds to what you already have.
And on top of that, the modifier on Physical Projectile Attack Damage is greater than on added fire.

But I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know (I am just surprised)
------------------------------------------------

@Kasp: I am considering in my build to do something like this

By doing that I can free a slot by not using blood magic. Especially if I could find a high quality reduced mana gem.
One thing I could use would then be using both Physical Projectile Attack Damage and added fire ...

added fire does the same thing as more. but having more physical is better for leech etc. I hope the increased porj physical ends up being better, but i haven't tried it yet.

As for the person asking people to show their builds, I'll share mine, items and such maybe in future as i get higher level. Only 52 cause i barely started this new character, it's not a kripp build, but I think it utilizes a better defense structure.

Has BM passive for ease in leveling, will take it out if i need to later on.

Current

Where I plan to be soon

Leveled using Shiversting, then then geofris, then the 45 axe that bleeds, and at lvl 51 picked up a nice two hand sword I had saved, should last till tougher maps.

Took the sword nodes at the very end, heading up to the int node by acrobatics since i will need it for my lvl 57 helmet, and getting the sword and life cluster there, then the very powerful sword nodes by duelist, balanced with available hp as needed.

Very strong build, damage is outstanding so far, I know my last character I used ST on damage tapered off end of cruel and into merciless, but I didn't have crap for weapons, or damage passives.

eh here's my gear that I will use at lvl 57

Spoiler

i am also lvl 57 atm merc act 1

my items some selffound shit but it works :D

Spoiler

my build atm

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B3AHnBS0ILgmWEPAUIBjbGY4b-iFgI_Yl3ycgKaU1kjboQKBHfkp9SshOKlBHVvpYr1pIW69gS2EhZU1noG6qdO108XgNeu989YTZhO-Haod2iPGKIpBsm42euaQZpzCpbqmUrFmvorXyvorApsDz037UUt0N6wntg-4O73rv8Pe-_In8xf6P
Last edited by kasponaut on Dec 11, 2013, 5:36:14 PM
@ sikker:

Quality bonus on Reduced Mana doesn't work with auras if that's your plan.

@ kasponaut:

Build @ lvl 87

Stats
Spoiler

5361 life, 139 life/s, 4% leech
9034 armor, 75% resists, -60% chaos resist

spectral throw: 4996 dps
double strike: 22889 dps
leap slam: 6764 dps

Gear
Spoiler

It's all self found/crafted except sword, though I socketed and linked it myself. Could get quite a lot higher dps with some physical dmg increases on gear.

I can do any map mods and soloed all bosses I tried so far. Only thing slowing me down is the terrible map drops :P

Using life leech gem for some retarded mods like no regen + physicl reflect. And as noted earlier faster projectiles for tough bosses (or maps like Poorjoy's Asylum).

Hope this helps!
Last edited by cavantese on Dec 11, 2013, 6:00:16 PM
"
cavantese wrote:
@ sikker:
Quality bonus on Reduced Mana doesn't work with auras if that's your plan.

That was my plan. Quality gives Reduced Mana cost ... but yeah, you are right for some reason that does not affect auras.

And I really need a sword like yours. I am still trying to get by with
. I can't survive higher level maps with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info