[2.2] JForce's Reave Duelist Build

"
"
jforce321 wrote:

Tree Has 191% life so its still ok, and unwavering is good if you want that stun safety since youre not running a bringer, otherwise i still like to take advantage of the blind tho it was nerfed. the tree lacks a bit in int and doesnt get the life/chaos nodes which are pretty good as well as missing out on area nodes to run conc effect if you wanted to, but otherwise the tree is good.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I'm still not entirely sure about everything, but right now it feels comfortable. I still have to check where I stand with block without bringer, that's the only reason why I spec into marauder tree, and it really costs a lot of points just to do so.

I noticed that you don't use life leech or life gain on hit gems. Is that 3% leech from your shield enough for survivability? Right now, I find myself often in situation where I'm surrounded by mobs and the only way to survive is by not stopping hitting them with my LoH setup (reave - multi - faster - blood - LoH)

Id just reave melee physical multistrike and faster attacks tbh and try to get life leech and mana leech on gear, depending if you stay blood magic or not.The mara tree is pretty far out of the way theres 8% block nodes by the life/chaos and below the templar life if youre looking for effective forms of block, but crest is the best way to get max block and life leech which is why i use it and it works well.
Last edited by jforce321 on Sep 16, 2014, 5:41:37 PM
Alright, I trust you and will not spec into Marauder but take the life/chaos and the block nodes. The resistances from the block nodes up there can be very handy for a new character like mine, I'm barely scraping 60% resistances. Also bought a crest like you recommended, and once I'm tankier, I'll try switching LoH für melee phys damage.

Last thing I have to check is if the spellblock amulett is a viable item for me as long as I can't afford a bringer.

Edit: Tried your advice, upgraded my gear a bit, got some spellblock and ditched LoH. Works out very well, thanks.
Last edited by Langbogen on Sep 18, 2014, 12:31:35 AM
Nice to see a reave build :D. I'm playing a reaver too and my build is almost the same as your so I think that there are not many viable skill paths :). (only difference, I took some more block nodes because I prefer to play without bor). I use lgoh, I really like it in addition to 3% leech provided by perandus

Spoiler

Awesome build JForce! I was waiting for a duelist reaver. One question, it what order did you get the major keystones on the passive tree?

Thanks!
"
buckwildg wrote:
Awesome build JForce! I was waiting for a duelist reaver. One question, it what order did you get the major keystones on the passive tree?

Thanks!

I started ranger for the version i went, but either way i would of just rushed towards the ranger side and gotten all the sword dps nodes, just cause im a whore for damage in progression :P, so if you want you could just grab part of the dps over there or just rush the templar side of the tree its all up to you.
thanks!
Very Nice Build but i have one question.
Do you think it is worth to take 4 points in the Sovereignty Circle to be able to run Hatred, Grace and Herald of Ash ?
"
Cone666 wrote:
Do you think it is worth to take 4 points in the Sovereignty Circle to be able to run Hatred, Grace and Herald of Ash ?

If you have a reduced mana 20\20 and you use blood magic for your skill, for run hatred, grace and herald of ash together you need only the first 2 nodes of sovereignity.
"
Tiagorn wrote:
"
Cone666 wrote:

If you have a reduced mana 20\20 and you use blood magic for your skill, for run hatred, grace and herald of ash together you need only the first 2 nodes of sovereignity.

Thank you!
I'll go for Sovereignty until i get 20/20 reduced mana and respec out of it then.
is anyone still playing with this build? how much block rate you can acquire with bringer and crest of perandus with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info