Bye Bye Totems and CI in OB :D:D:D:D:D

I think you guys are overestimating how much of a nerf there was to CI. You need to spend more points for it, but that's really not a problem because consider this: If you are CI you won't need to get the HP reward from the bandit's quest, therefore you will be able to get passive tree skill points from the quest. They have buffed the rewards from the bandit's quest in higher difficulties so you would probably be getting more than 3 points there. Someone with HP base is generally forced to get the HP reward. So in the end the points would even out between the HP user and the CI user.

Secondly, yes, they nerfed it down to 30%, but consider this, they are (possibly) adding a new keystone that applies Life Regen to ES, this is a HUGE deal as previously you would not have been able to heal your ES by any means except life leech (if you had Ghost Reaver). Now you can use Rejuvenation Totems to heal yourself, and you can use Vitality Aura.

Basically, CI is as powerful as it was before. They just rebalanced it to account for the greater amount of skill points you get from quests and because of the new (possible) Keystone.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Last edited by geffreyy on Jan 12, 2013, 3:17:00 PM
Someone has already mentioned you only get 3 passives from bandits if you take that reward.
So you spend 2 extra points for CI, big deal.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Last edited by geffreyy on Jan 12, 2013, 3:23:50 PM
So it's an extra 5 passives everyone else gets while we get none. Either way, I'm just waiting for them to balance it from its current "alpha" level.
I'm just saying, if they keep the new (possible) Keystone that applies Life Regen to ES then, for me atleast, CI would be MORE attractive to me than its current incarnation in Beta.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
"
Xikorut wrote:
So it's an extra 5 passives everyone else gets while we get none. Either way, I'm just waiting for them to balance it from its current "alpha" level.

Have you ever tried a life regen duelist? You have to spend almost all your points on health, regen, and getting to health regen. You are left with very little for DPS nodes. So ci still comes out ahead in terms of nodes spent on damage.
S L O W E R
Okay. But compared to now, you're now 5 levels higher than me! Grats! Seriously though, changing lengths like that has some serious balance implications. If they only changed the 5 passives required, that's the same as saying all CI users are now as strong as they were five levels ago while everyone else is the same. It's hard to try and balance level disparity.
Anyone else remember the joke when they changed IR?

EDIT:

Also Aethias, we talked about this. They want CI to be less defensive without investing, a la the possible new node.

However, our build isn't designed for defense in the first place, and can still be run with the change (as we know it).

And it was 2 lvls :)
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Jan 12, 2013, 3:58:10 PM
Now maras lost one level. Which was hilarious, given they wanted to move it away so less than 99% of maras would use it. Iroooony.

EDIT: I am plenty aware Slurms and even more aware that the chance of it changing before OB is well beyond 50%. However, you explain to me how you wanna balance that shit out and get back to me.
Last edited by Xikorut on Jan 12, 2013, 3:58:25 PM
"
Xikorut wrote:
Okay. But compared to now, you're now 5 levels higher than me! Grats! Seriously though, changing lengths like that has some serious balance implications. If they only changed the 5 passives required, that's the same as saying all CI users are now as strong as they were five levels ago while everyone else is the same. It's hard to try and balance level disparity.

The real reason they changed so that you have to take five additional nodes is because of map mods in endgame maps. Some maps contain modifiers such as "All skills use Blood Magic".

Obviously you would not expect CI characters to be able to do these maps. But, currently in beta CI characters can simply click Refund a skill point and refund the CI node and go about doing those maps freely.

With the 5 additional node requirements you would not be able to circumvent these map mods with such ease. 5 orbs of regret is much more expensive than 1 orb of regret.

Also, as I have mentioned already, as a CI character you would be getting the skill points from the Bandit's quest as opposed to the Life so keep that in mind.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Last edited by geffreyy on Jan 12, 2013, 4:21:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info