Bye Bye Totems and CI in OB :D:D:D:D:D

The real OP part about CI was the chaos immunity. That basically compelled everyone to rush for it, since resistance to chaos is extremely difficult to obtain. That also meant life was neglected, and there was a premium on energy shield gear.

What exactly was revealed about Totems by the way?

I hope it is not like you say here because ES based melee shadows are already weak enough, they don't need to be nerfed more. I know this is a nerf to spellcasters and bow users abusing CI but they also nerfed the weakest melee character out there.

CI is still very good end game do to ES scaling on gear and all the points you dont have to use for HP notes. Also you can now regen ES in combat (thought the note is far away). I have no doubt there will be alot CI builds out there even after the nerfs.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Jan 12, 2013, 9:01:44 AM
"
takeme wrote:
CI is still very good end game do to ES scaling on gear and all the points you dont have to use for HP notes. Also you can now regen ES in combat (thought the note is far away). I have no doubt there will be alot CI builds out there even after the nerfs.

CI only became uber at late late game. It was UP or balanced if you took at around lvl 31 (when you get access to discipline) or around act 2 Ruthless (when many would take it).
It was also one of few builds that forced you to spec into life and then respec into ES once you were ready to take it. Tactial use of respec points is good. Life builds don't need that.
They just needed to fix what made it too powerful at late late game. Also fix ranged vs melee problems. It is not just lets change CI and all is well. This is very shortsided.

"
I hope it is not like you say here because ES based melee shadows are already weak enough, they don't need to be nerfed more. I know this is a nerf to spellcasters and bow users abusing CI but they also nerfed the weakest melee character out there.

It's not "abusing" CI. It's the only viable option for witches.
Bye bye CI users? Lol. Nothing changed.

Theres 21 skill points come OB from quests and an additional 5points from the CI circle. If you think chaos dmg can take out that much eHP, you're nuts.

Already figured out when I'm going to get it. The change to CI is easily workable.
There's a reason why none of you negative-nancies are alpha testers. As I and others have said repeatedly already, none of these changes are permanent; hell, we alpha testers haven't even tested them yet CI and totems were changed literally like five fucking minutes before Kripp started streaming. Alpha was JUST wiped clean too, so we all had to start over to test this shit. We have not given any feedback to GGG about the changes so it's fair to say that in the next 10 days anything could happen regarding them.

Stop getting all antsy.

Most of the alpha testers, and even Qarl remarked, that the changes to CI and totems might be overboard, so it's obvious to me, that after we test these changes, they will be adjusted.

You guys don't even have the full picture, regarding end game ES items on alpha.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
There's a reason why none of you negative-nancies are alpha testers. As I and others have said repeatedly already, none of these changes are permanent; hell, we alpha testers haven't even tested them yet CI and totems were changed literally like five fucking minutes before Kripp started streaming. Alpha was JUST wiped clean too, so we all had to start over to test this shit. We have not given any feedback to GGG about the changes so it's fair to say that in the next 10 days anything could happen regarding them.

Stop getting all antsy.

Most of the alpha testers, and even Qarl remarked, that the changes to CI and totems might be overboard, so it's obvious to me, that after we test these changes, they will be adjusted.

You guys don't even have the full picture, regarding end game ES items on alpha.

Can you as an alpha tester and person having access to alpha forums say to me why was passive changed and not high level ES armors?

"
Torin wrote:

Can you as an alpha tester and person having access to alpha forums say to me why was passive changed and not high level ES armors?

I'm not an alpha tester, but I assume that's because it would be a nerf to builds using ES and not using CI : nerfing high level ES gear instead of CI would have exactly the opposite effect of what they're seeking, CI would become mandatory to anyone wanting to use ES.

Regarding CI, I don't think the problem was that the skill was totally broken (it was just a little broken :) ) but that every other alternative looks terrible compared to it in this area of the tree -> CI was mandatory (and no skill should be mandatory).

I hope they buffed/reworked acrobatics to compensate for those melee shadow builds.
Last edited by Reddart on Jan 12, 2013, 10:32:27 AM
"
Torin wrote:

No, we can't.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info