Bye Bye Totems and CI in OB :D:D:D:D:D

So your point is the 3 bandit rewards (which are being changed somewhat) outweigh the 3 life gains and 2 extra passives. Kay. And if you show me someone who could spec out of CI for one point and do a map he couldn't before, I'll shit myself seeing someone with 2k+ life going CI. And if that's a worry, why can a leech BM player play every single map mod?
To people who are really worried this is an over-nerf: bear in mind that it is FAR less destructive to go back and buff these nodes later on, than to make them too powerful at launch and nerf them. CI is one of those things your *entire* build, down to itemization, is going to hinge on. It will be unfortunate if build diversity takes a temporary hit due to CI being over-nerfed, but it would be far worse if a bunch of people started investing in CI-based builds, only to have emergency nerfs a week or two later that ruin peoples' OB characters.
"
geffreyy wrote:

The real reason they changed so that you have to take five additional nodes is because of map mods in endgame maps. Some maps contain modifiers such as "All skills use Blood Magic".

Obviously you would not expect CI characters to be able to do these maps. But, currently in beta CI characters can simply click Refund a skill point and refund the CI node and go about doing those maps freely.

With the 5 additional node requirements you would not be able to circumvent these map mods with such ease. 5 orbs of regret is much more expensive than 1 orb of regret.

Also, as I have mentioned already, as a CI character you would be getting the skill points from the Bandit's quest as opposed to the Life so keep that in mind.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Just wait till Jan 23rd, simple :)
If there is ever a 7th class added in the middle of the tree (And I bet there will be as there is a bit of datamined info, and textures of one out there) getting to the ES nodes and HP regen nodes would be pretty easy, would have to sacrifice a lot of damage nodes, but you could end up with 7.4% passive regen, with easily 20k+ ES.

So, if this class is ever added, CI will become even more OP than it is currently.

But for now, this change is good, it's not an over-nerf, it's what CI needed. The same goes for the dual totem talent. Maybe they could of made it 60% less damage from player skills, instead of no damage at all but it will still be a viable build.
If they put a 7th class in the middle of the tree, I might die laughing at the stupidity and lack of balance.
"
Xikorut wrote:
If they put a 7th class in the middle of the tree, I might die laughing at the stupidity and lack of balance.

People so easily fall for the troll that there is a class planned for the middle. You are right. The middle class would be so OP that there would be no reason to start anywhere else. Ever.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
Haderach99 wrote:
"
Xikorut wrote:

People so easily fall for the troll that there is a class planned for the middle. You are right. The middle class would be so OP that there would be no reason to start anywhere else. Ever.

"so easily fall for the troll" You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. it's far from trolling when there is a class portrait, models, a texture, name, animations, a rig, etc etc, for the class.

It probably won't be added to the game, but it is still there.

Also, it wouldn't be very OP at all, you couldn't really do much with it. The only broken part about such a thing would be the hp regen / ES combination, everything else would be fine.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jan 12, 2013, 4:58:43 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Haderach99 wrote:
"
Xikorut wrote:

"so easily fall for the troll" You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. it's far from trolling when there is a class portrait, models, a texture, name, animations, a rig, etc etc, for the class.

It probably won't be added to the game, but it is still there.

Proof?
I can go play Oblivion and coc TestingHall, but it's not part of the actual game either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info