Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
PanicAK wrote:
I see a lot of people suggesting flameblast for totem killing. What about using trap-searing bond-increased burning? We already have the +burning talents, and no +spell damage. Seems to me like it would make a better active skill. I'm not quite there yet to try it myself though.

Righteous Fire and Concentrated Effect both provide stellar 'more' damage modifiers. The two boost Flameblast's damage high enough that it can be effectively used in a fairly wide variety of situations (though it's still a support skill). Aside from this, it has superior range than Searing Bond and cannot be destroyed.

I don't necessarily feel that it's superior, for the record - I'm merely playing devil's advocate.

Regardless of which support skill you choose, I will note that unless you build specifically for preserving some portion of your mana pool and support it with decent regeneration increases, you'll want to use the Blood Magic gem. There is a limit to how many support gems it is desirable to link to a supporting skill - though for those of us who aren't wearing Kaom's Heart, Righteous Fire is quite flexible.

"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Should I get a Lazhwar for this build? 4% block, 1% max, +1 curse?

Does the 1% fire leech apply as per usual, or would that be awesome for this?

Your block chance won't be high, so your spell block chance won't be high. The mana might be nice if you're avoiding Blood Magic gems and cast speed is always nice, but a good rare amulet is almost certainly a better option.

Degeneration effects like Righteous Fire, Searing Bond, or the cloud portion of Poison Arrow cannot leech.
Firstly want to say thanks to Oro for providing information to this build. Have tried out the build but damage seems to be lacking at the moment. At the present moment am also using searing bond and searing bond seems to be killing things faster!

My gear

My passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFCMzy7_9kiiD18_wQTjn3loJy8LYe8OeA28n76KqW6krAHctfLyL6QZ4upuqjWSqBgb-mEhSsiI8SXfhO_-CoTZdO23PmVNeu9Bh8auR35gS_noPC2rxQUtgsdodEz_xFhAoCj6r2wn1SFg6-6YrcWKdPG4k_AfGNunCASzogBbr61Kna4UTQJxTioMXxpsEmkppc0mGYXz3RccJKpxeTbp2mKUoA==

Stats:
Lvl: 70
Total passives points: 89 (with 3 unallocated)
Life: 3138
Energy Shield: 307
Mana: 397
Life Regen per sec: 339

I know the build could be better with Alpha Howl, but the going rate at the market seems to be 4-6ex. Too rich at the moment for me. Only been playing for a couple of weeks.

Hope to have any constructive criticism on ways to improve this build.

I know damage from RF is not displayed in the tool tip, unlike Searing Bond. How to you calculate the damage?

Last edited by RonnieLee on Apr 9, 2014, 3:10:20 AM
You're missing life on a lot of pieces of your gear.
Thanks for your reply. I'll be looking to secure gears with life on them.

Any other improvement, whether it be the passive tree or gear?
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
Last edited by v1br0 on Apr 9, 2014, 9:51:04 AM
"
RonnieLee wrote:

I know the build could be better with Alpha Howl, but the going rate at the market seems to be 4-6ex. Too rich at the moment for me. Only been playing for a couple of weeks.

Hope to have any constructive criticism on ways to improve this build.

I know damage from RF is not displayed in the tool tip, unlike Searing Bond. How to you calculate the damage?

panda is right about this - the very high increased life modifier we obtain via our passive tree selection is only part of what we need for high maximum life - the other part is the flat life affixes we have on equipment.

Alpha's Howl is desirable when you can afford it.

I agree largely with v1br0's passive tree suggestions, but would make some modifications.

As for damage calculations - go back a page in this thread. I provided a link explaining the proper procedure.
Thanks to v1br0 and SilkTopHat. Will definitely look into it.

Sigh! The Alpha Howl is definitely looking very difficult at the moment. :(

Anyway, will improve my tree and gear and get back to you guys!

Very nice guide :) tired it out and ended in this =>
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/882385/page/1/#p7535381
:D

someone know how this could happen?
"
Igai wrote:
someone know how this could happen?

Fire Penetration or curses.
Does Dyadus affect RF damage on chilled enemies?
merp merp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info