Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
pelll wrote:
"
Chickenlal wrote:
The more life I get, the less I can sustain RF :/ I was at 4500 life lvl 69 and I was regening about 1 hp per second, now I'm 71, took 2 big health nodes and got 5100 hp and I'm dropping about 5hp per second :'(

Not sure how to increase my regen, I have life regen on nearly all my pieces and took all the regen passives already... I have more life nodes to get, so I'm just gonna get into trouble if I get more life :/

My vitality is lvl 19 and purity of fire 18

post your tree/gear

Currently lvl 71

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDF8UTRUgFy8Y2xkuGYUabCFgJKoksCfVJ-0o-imlKk0s6TWSNuk8LT8nQKBBh0p9SshM_04qUFBUSVXGWGNbr18_YEtnoGh0bqp07XTxeu-ApILHgziG0Yd2iPGMz49GlKCYrZ2unrmiAKcIrFmtSq9stfK3PriTud3EWMT2xYrGrsbYzSbPZdDQ1I_YJNpi3Q3jaudS52Pr7u8O73zwH_Iv8932SPno-tL8xf4K

I'm currently at 568 life/sec regen and I have 5065 hp... If RF burns 90% of my maximum HP, then why am I losing life when I regen over 10%...

Is it because I have 200 energy shield which causes more drain...
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Feb 3, 2014, 2:36:24 AM
RF work with level ?
@Chickenlal
Maybe u should remove Holy Drain as well, because it effect the burn u take.

REGEN=%LifeRegen*HP
DEGEN= 90%*HP*(100-FR)*BE +70%*ES*(100-FR)*BE

HP: your max HP
ES: your max ES
FR: Fire Resistance
BE: Buff Effect (3% now with Holy Drain)

IGN: Sapogeros (MF-Spork) - FwtiaKaiLabra (Scion-RF)
Last edited by Pavlarian on Feb 3, 2014, 7:44:22 AM
"
hieu89dn wrote:
RF work with level ?

no, but theoretically u can sustain it with RotP shield which u can wear from 65lvl
IGN: Sapogeros (MF-Spork) - FwtiaKaiLabra (Scion-RF)
Chickenlal,

Your fire resistance is too low. Each and every extra % of Max Fire Resist is essential and you should try to get your hands on it if you can. I would suggest trying to pick up one of the 3% buff nodes to get yourself 1% extra Max Fire resist.

You are currently running with;

75% Base
2% Elemental Adaptation
8% Rise of Pheonix
3% Purity of Fire

That's 88% and the returns on even 1% more Max Fire Resist will probably fix your problem.

Your increase to Auras needs to be at 33% or over to get that 1% extra. Right now you are running with 31% and 3% of that is to your buffs. % increase to buffs also increase the amount of Righteous Fire Damage you take. This isn't a bad thing if you are simultaneously getting more out of your Purity of Fire gem.

So get the 3% Buff Effect node and see what happens. This will push your Max Fire Resist up 1% and should correct the issue you are seeing. You also left .4% of Regen Nodes on the tree up towards Immolation. That also might help to put you over the hump.
Last edited by Cragwell on Feb 3, 2014, 8:32:51 AM
I want to add what I believe to be some helpful information to this post. I see some misinformation being spread around here. Well perhaps not misinformation, just misguided.

Every RF character should be trying to just -barely- regenerate or degenerate life on the map or zone you are doing. That's the sweet spot for your character. That means you are producing as much damage as you can for your level of Regeneration.

Turning down Regen nodes is the same as turning down extra damage. Every bit of extra % regen is more potential RF damage. I see a lot of comments about survivability and then some about Energy Shield being a problem. Energy shield is not a problem, Carcass Jack is not a problem and whatever else is being pointed to as a source of too much RF damage.

A problem is when you have allowed your setup to start driving your health pool down. These are the ways to solve it, in order of effectiveness;

1. Get your Max Fire Resist up
2. Get your Life Pool up
3. Make sure you have all Regen Nodes
4. Lower your Energy Shield total

To the people asking how to increase their survivability. It depends what you find you are dying from. I am presuming most people are complaining about melee attacks. Here's what you can do about that. Once again in the order that I believe most effective.

1. Get your flasks right

This build really shines with the right flask setup. Most likely your build has more evasion than armor. You already have Blood Dance, probably Alpha's Howl and I personally use a Carcass Jack. In any case, add up your Evasion and Armor totals. Note which is higher and then get Reflexes or Iron Skin when the choice is available in the following setup;

Healing Flask of Dousing (Seething is the preferred prefix)
Ample Ruby Flask of Warding (+ Charges is best so you can use it three times with slight recharge)
Perpetual Ruby Flask of Warding (You may need to run with two of these until your regen is stable)
Ample or Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Reflexes or Iron Skin (If you don't have an Immune to Frozen item, use this as your Heat Flask to escape danger)
Ample or Perpetual Jade or Granite Flask of Reflexes Or Iron Skin

When I run into a big pack, I hit a Ruby Flask, my Quicksilver Flask and a Jade Flask. My Armor goes through the roof and I am regenerating a ton of life. Glassblower those flasks up previous to rolling them.

2. Increase your Area of Effect

This build's best defense, is a good offense. That which is dead before it can touch you, doesn't do damage. This is why I personally use Carcass Jack because the AoE increase is too valuable for me to turn down. Plus the 6 socket, 5 link armor allows me to run a Portal Gem and a IIR gem with my RF.

I am honestly not sure if Divinarius works with the snapshotting of RF. Perhaps someone has that answer?

A 20% quality AoE gem gives 10% more Area. If you have the currency, grab one. Definitely get Amplify. Blast Radius is expensive to chase, but you may find it rewarding if you are looking for even more AoE. I personally prefer leaving Blast Radius alone and going for more of the following;

3. Increase your Damage Output

Grab the Burning and high Fire Damage Nodes on your skill tree. Holy Fire and the ones on your way to Immolation. Again, that which is already melted into a puddle on the ground, cannot harm you. Burning and Fire Damage increases DO NOT cause you to take more damage from RF. It only causes your enemies to melt faster.

Fire Damage can also be found on rings/amulets and isn't a bad thing to chase IF you are already getting your Life and Resists from them.

As a side note, if your Regen is well over your Degen, you can add some Energy Shield to increase your damage output.

4. Increase your Damage Mitigation

You should already be running with the best armor/evasion items that you can. If you are not, take a look at trying to improve them.

Anyway, that's my opinion. You can disagree or point out flaws, but I would try it first ;) I love this build!
Last edited by Cragwell on Feb 4, 2014, 8:50:44 AM
Wait, Chickenlal are you worried about 5hp per second loss at 5000 total life? That's not really an issue. That means from total life to dead, you have 15 minutes of afk time if you want it.

You aren't having a problem. Even 1% from Blood Dance gets you regenerating life. You are supposed to be running around, using ruby flasks and killing things to get some frenzy charges. Even if you don't want to use Blood Dance, Ruby Flasks are more than enough to keep you topped off.

I prefer to have a slightly positive regen with RF or a very slight degen. But I would not be worried about 5hp loss per second. That's very manageable with your health pool.
Last edited by Cragwell on Feb 3, 2014, 10:30:54 AM
added lightning to frost nova should not increase damage more than simply frost nova by itself.

According to wiki and patch notes, each element you hit gets +25 res, all of the remaining others get -50.
Well now don't I feel silly. I have been upping my burning damage and attributed the extra speed on Rares/Bosses to the lightning damage. Removing that line in my post then.
How do you get the frenzy charges ? dont know if i overlooked something or you dont have anything to create em

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info