Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
this gem(RF) is crap imo.
so dont follow this build and dont use rf.

The success of numerous players who have used Righteous Fire characters to clear Atziri and Uber Atziri suggests that the fault does not lie with the gem or the build.

Also, I wouldn't get too attached to your Arc caster; Arc is very likely to take a decent nerf in 1.2.0.
I wanted to give this build a try so I found and old lvl 68 marauder with complete passive tree respec. Found all the gear needed and gems in my stash tabs. Some gems were lvl 1 some were leveled.
The point is, that I have serious issues with this build. My hp regen is over 400, my fire rezist is 86 % or 87 % I cant remember and I still lose hp when my RF is active even with the Vitality aura.
The second issue is that the AoE of the skill is terrible. The tooltip says 1 % reduced area of effect radius which is because of the increased area dmg and area effect gems combined.
The monsters literally need to touch my arse to start taking damage. I thought this build is just about walking and damageing everything around. It doesnt work as I imagined.
I have hp on almost every piece of gear and my hp is only 4k.

To sum it up,
TL'DR.
- low hp, I expected more.
- bad hp regen, I still dieing when RF is active with Vitality aura on.
- AoE range is very low.

p.s.: I dont use Elemental Equilibrium since I dont use Cyclone.

Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Aug 3, 2014, 1:55:22 PM
"
I wanted to give this build a try so I found and old lvl 68 marauder with complete passive tree respec. Found all the gear needed and gems in my stash tabs. Some gems were lvl 1 some were leveled.
The point is, that I have serious issues with this build. My hp regen is over 400, my fire rezist is 86 % or 87 % I cant remember and I still lose hp when my RF is active even with the Vitality aura.
The second issue is that the AoE of the skill is terrible. The tooltip says 1 % reduced area of effect radius which is because of the increased area dmg and area effect gems combined.
The monsters literally need to touch my arse to start taking damage. I thought this build is just about walking and damageing everything around. It doesnt work as I imagined.

To sum it up,
TL'DR.
- AoE range is very low.

EE is important for the damage this build deals.

You're about 10 levels below where the build starts to perform well and about 20 levels below where it excels.

It sounds like you're using an under-leveled Purity of Fire gem or you've misprioritized the nodes you've taken in the tree. You shouldn't have any trouble sustaining RF even around level 70 if you've taken the right nodes and leveled PoF.
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"

To sum it up,
TL'DR.
- AoE range is very low.

You're about 10 levels below where the build starts to perform well and about 20 levels below where it excels.

It sounds like you're using an under-leveled Purity of Fire gem or you've misprioritized the nodes you've taken in the tree. You shouldn't have any trouble sustaining RF even around level 70 if you've taken the right nodes and leveled PoF.

But Math Though.....

Even if you get a legacy kaoms ur hp will only be around 7-9k

half of that is 4,500 which is the damage Rf will do.

Damage from passives
60% increased Burning Damage
27% increased Damage over Time
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get 25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements
16% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
8% increased Area Damage

even with a doryanis that adds another 100% elemental damage

i do not see this build breaking 15k dps ever WITH A LEGACY KAOMS THAT ALMOST NONE CAN EVEN AFFORD.

so unless someone can explain the damage breakdown ill believe my theory that rf sucks and has low potential without using EE or a legacy kaoms.

"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"

To sum it up,
TL'DR.
- AoE range is very low.

This is my passive tree now.

This is my gear

Spoiler

I also dont have enought mana to cast Leap Slam :D Thats why I dont even have it.
I can run 3 auras but I am on the edge. Like 10 mana left or so...

Maybe I am 10 levels below where the build starts to shine, but I have no idea how to get there. Died 2 times today in the Library :-P I can sustain with Fire Rezist flask, thats not the problem, but the gameplay. Its awful. As I said I cant sustain with life regen and the aoe is very very low.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Aug 3, 2014, 2:47:54 PM
"
Spoiler
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"

To sum it up,
TL'DR.
- AoE range is very low.

This is my passive tree now.

This is my gear

Spoiler

I also dont have enought mana to cast Leap Slam :D Thats why I dont even have it.
I can run 3 auras but I am on the edge. Like 10 mana left or so...

Maybe I am 10 levels below where the build starts to shine, but I have no idea how to get there. Died 2 times today in the Library :-P I can sustain with Fire Rezist flask, thats not the problem, but the gameplay. Its awful. As I said I cant sustain with life regen and the aoe is very very low.

You have a level 7 Purity of Fire...
"
Lastdrone wrote:

And ? I have overcapped fire rezist, do you think that 1 % additional fire rezist will solve the problem ? If you have read what I just said, my problem is the AoE and the life overall. Also the damage is not that great.
"
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"

To sum it up,
TL'DR.
- AoE range is very low.

But Math Though.....

Even if you get a legacy kaoms ur hp will only be around 7-9k

half of that is 4,500 which is the damage Rf will do.

Damage from passives
60% increased Burning Damage
27% increased Damage over Time
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get 25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements
16% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
8% increased Area Damage

even with a doryanis that adds another 100% elemental damage

i do not see this build breaking 15k dps ever WITH A LEGACY KAOMS THAT ALMOST NONE CAN EVEN AFFORD.

so unless someone can explain the damage breakdown ill believe my theory that rf sucks and has low potential without using EE or a legacy kaoms.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/926461

Maybe i can recommend you my guide with a huge DPS and no kaoms needed.
DPS proof via videos, hf.
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
"
"
Lastdrone wrote:

And ? I have overcapped fire rezist, do you think that 1 % additional fire rezist will solve the problem ? If you have read what I just said, my problem is the AoE and the life overall. Also the damage is not that great.

You have immense trouble understanding the basics of RF builds and the core mechanics of the game
"
H4NS wrote:
"
"
Lastdrone wrote:

You have immense trouble understanding the basics of RF builds and the core mechanics of the game

Yeah it is very hard for me to understand that purity of fire icreases AoE and also my damage output which are my main concerns with this build not my rezistances. Seems like you have an immense problem understanding what I am trying to say here the whole time.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Aug 3, 2014, 6:06:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info