Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
Ilvantastic wrote:
Hi, I'm currently playing RF and I'm a bit confused about the max resi. I got 4% from tree, 8% from RotP and 3% from lvl 17 PoF = 90%.
I skilled Sovereignty to get +28% aura effect. It should give the lvl 17 PoF an extra percentage of max resi? Did they change something or did I miss something? I still got 90%..

Thanks for help.

Edit: Even the PoEBuilder shows 91%. Seems buggy..

Nothing has been changed. PoEBuilder probably rounds using conventional rounding rules. The game seems to use a 'floor' command here, which rounds down to the next whole number. So, your +(3 * 1.28)% = +3.84% increased maximum fire resistance modifier is rounded down to +3%.

When the gem reaches level 20, the default maximum fire resistance modifier will be +4%. The raw modified value will climb to 5.12%, which will be rounded down to 5% - leaving you with 92% fire resistance at the end, which is typical for this build.
If some day snapshooting no longer exits, u can use a gear like that:

(211% more dmg out of gear, if perfect gear 221%)
Last edited by Brueles on Jun 2, 2014, 11:06:42 AM
"
IcrapNutella wrote:
Why don't people consider Ambu's Charge? You get 2% life regen, resistance, and endurance charges.

Because when you have 95% fire res you don't really need any more life reg than you had to sustain RF at level 65+

It's way better to go Kaom's or Belly of the Beast for extra damage(Life).
"
6907531 wrote:
"
IcrapNutella wrote:
Why don't people consider Ambu's Charge? You get 2% life regen, resistance, and endurance charges.

Because when you have 95% fire res you don't really need any more life reg than you had to sustain RF at level 65+

It's way better to go Kaom's or Belly of the Beast for extra damage(Life).

You get more life from a chest that has very high max life + str than you do from Belly of the Beast.
"
GhostRogue wrote:
You get more life from a chest that has very high max life + str than you do from Belly of the Beast.

I looked into this. It's only true if you have somewhat poor gear and a low roll Belly of the Beast.

Calculation details

I used the formula for maximum life from the wiki:

Maximum Life = (42 + (Level * 8) + (Strength / 2) + additive modifiers) * (100% + multiplicative modifiers)

I assumed that a character was built exactly according to the tree Oro has specified - that is, level 81 with 284% increased maximum life from the tree, 76 flat life from the tree, 172 Strength with no gear, and had helped Oak in Normal.

I assumed this gear for a baseline: helmet with 90 life, gloves with 80, boots with 0 (i.e., The Blood Dance), amulets and rings with 70 each, a belt with 90, and a weapon and shield with 0 each. I did not factor in Strength rolls for any equipment other than the chest. The net result is +470 life from gear that isn't chest armor.

To make the comparison, I examined a rare chest with the highest possible roll - +109 Life and +50 Strength, for an effective life total of +134 - and pitted it against a Belly of the Beast with various life rolls. The net result is 5745 life with the rare chest versus 5748 with a 38% Belly of the Beast. So, it looks like the best of the best of rare chests will compete with a pretty good Belly of the Beast on the life front, and outperform low- or mid-roll BotBs.

However, this examination gets more interesting when you consider the assumptions I made. I assumed 9 less life than the highest possible roll for each piece of secondary gear, no leather belt, and no strength rolls at all (other than the rare chest). If I look at exactly how much life I could possibly get from perfect gear, I come up with a total of 962 (including life and strength from boots). On an absolute basis, 962 flat life is possible with rare gear (including boots), or 828 with a Belly of the Beast. In other words, I only managed to accrue about half of what I could have.

That's fairly low. Granted, it's unrealistic to expect to achieve 828 or 962. However, if I only gain +50 life and +100 Strength - say, by getting slightly better rolls, switching to a Leather Belt, and picking up a couple of middling Strength rolls somewhere, I end up with 6199 life with a 40% Belly of the Beast versus 6129 with the perfect rare chest.

This is indicative of a more general trend. Broadly speaking, the better your ancillary equipment is, the more significant the lead a Belly of the Beast will have over a rare chest.

(For those interested: a build as I have described equipped with absolutely perfect gear could achieve 7119 life with a rare chest, 6873 with a Carcass Jack, 7293 with a Belly of the Beast, 8525 with a new Kaom's Heart, and 10445 with a legacy Kaom's Heart. These are the limiting values for a character following the assumptions I've made.)
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Jun 3, 2014, 9:08:40 PM
Guys anyone can advice me - i'm looking for a build that can farm dominus and piety (good dps and reasonable mf) and also do 75+ maps. Currently torn between this and ele buzzsaw build.
What do you think?
"
mentosik12 wrote:
Guys anyone can advice me - i'm looking for a build that can farm dominus and piety (good dps and reasonable mf) and also do 75+ maps. Currently torn between this and ele buzzsaw build.
What do you think?

I personally feel that MF and DPS roles should be handled separately wherever possible. Unless you have a lot of cash to dump into gear, I'd be surprised if you could get good performance out of a RF build (or a buzzsaw build, for that matter) in 75+ maps if you're wearing MF gear.

If you want to go MF, go all the way with a Flame Totem build. If you want good performance in 75+ maps, either RF or elemental ST will work fine.
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"
mentosik12 wrote:
What do you think?

I personally feel that MF and DPS roles should be handled separately wherever possible. Unless you have a lot of cash to dump into gear, I'd be surprised if you could get good performance out of a RF build (or a buzzsaw build, for that matter) in 75+ maps if you're wearing MF gear.

If you want to go MF, go all the way with a Flame Totem build. If you want good performance in 75+ maps, either RF or elemental ST will work fine.

My Gear for soloing 78 maps @ maxspeed and 300IR:
Spoiler

Just by using a slightly different but in my opinion way more effective RF build.
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
Last edited by NoLifeNiffler on Jun 6, 2014, 3:36:51 PM
small update items and gems:
Spoiler

IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
Last edited by v1br0 on Jun 8, 2014, 2:59:32 PM
How's that snapshot fix doing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type