I'll be streaming for 160 out of the 168 hour race coming up.

"
Durentis wrote:
"
MrMordred wrote:
Also, I'm 25, old enough to know when I've had enough :)

Now this is funny. (Especially in context of this thread.)

Its always in the last place you look
GL don't die. Although it would bring the game some publicity I don't think GGG would like it.
"
Thalandor wrote:
"
MrMordred wrote:

<I HAVE RL TO ATTEND TO OCCASIONALLY> Sometimes I have to go to the shop to buy milk/bread, sometimes I have to take the GF to work (25 minute round trip), but I'm making plans and getting prepared as much as I can to avoid doing as many of these things as possible during the streaming time :)

Please don't drive after not sleeping for 2+ days, risking your life is one thing, but the life of your GF and other people on the road is something else.

Also, I'll enjoy watching the stream :p

This.

Other than that: GLHF and take care.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
don't worry he will die in game when he don't sleep. maybe a fail of speed to drink a potion or think slow to avoid a spell etc.... but he will die.

after 2 days he will see alucinations and another think because he will die in game.

don't sleep... what a stupid think.
only in my life i don't sleep for 24 hours and the next day i was need do a little sleep for stay good. and he want stay 100 hour??? 4 days?????

good luck to be the 4 die playing a game.

my personal opinion it's the admins of this game block this guy in this event for prevent bad things or maybe a die of this guy, or maybe make a max time for play this game like 16 hour of game in the last 24 hours.

also only for don't think bad about me i will not participe in this race.
It's not the lack of sleep that is the greatest concern to your health. It is sitting for several consecutive hours.

PLEASE take 5-10 minute breaks at least every 2 hours and stretch your legs and walk around.

Seriously.

Good Luck!
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
I'm not sure why so many of you are being so negative towards this, the amount of people that die purely from non stop gaming is very small and usually due to the person not taking a single break at all not the lack of sleep itself.

Providing you eat regular meals, drink plenty of water, and get up and stretch every so often the risk of anything happening is quite minimal unless you have an existing medical condition.

Many of you are right in the fact that he may die in game though unless he plays it safe with easy maps. Your reaction time and thought process do slow down quite a bit after a couple of days.

My bet is that after he manages the first 100 hours and takes an 8 hour sleep, he wont want to stay up for another long period right away after that.
"
Thalandor wrote:
Please don't drive after not sleeping for 2+ days, risking your life is one thing, but the life of your GF and other people on the road is something else.

Also, I'll enjoy watching the stream :p

I've already driven while being excessively tired. Micro-sleeps are bad.
I won't do it again. EVER.

Now you can do whatever you want at home, marathon streams are pretty hardcore and might be a lot of fun...

Though...

"
Covert wrote:
This is crazy and unhealthy. It would be better to have 4 x 2.5 hr (depending on your sleep cycle) power naps.

This pretty much.

Again, you can play however long you want without ever sleeping...

...but don't drive, you might just kill someone.

Oh, and this:

"
MeHz3 wrote:
I'm not sure why so many of you are being so negative towards this, the amount of people that die purely from non stop gaming is very small and usually due to the person not taking a single break at all not the lack of sleep itself.

Providing you eat regular meals, drink plenty of water, and get up and stretch every so often the risk of anything happening is quite minimal unless you have an existing medical condition.

Many of you are right in the fact that he may die in game though unless he plays it safe with easy maps. Your reaction time and thought process do slow down quite a bit after a couple of days.

My bet is that after he manages the first 100 hours and takes an 8 hour sleep, he wont want to stay up for another long period right away after that.
Take care out there.
Last edited by Lagruell on Jan 11, 2013, 6:26:50 PM
What if you die IRL?
can I have your nail clippings please
I don't support this.

Hallucinations set in pretty hard around the 90-hour mark (though each person is different). Whenever you do eventually pass out (and you will unless something is physically keeping you awake), you're not going to have a nap, you're going to sleep for a whole day, possibly longer.

If you're not in the fittest of health, you could do some pretty serious damage to your organs, and that's including eating and drinking healthily. Your heart, liver, and brain are all going to be overworked and fried.

Absolutely do not drive for any reason while sleep deprived. I would also avoid stairs.
I know "Marathon Gaming" has become quite the niche "e-sport" over the past few years, especially on twitch.tv. I agree with the notion that you are free to do as you please and wish you health in doing so. However I whole heartedly believe that posts such as these should be moderated immediatley. It is my personal opinion that an advertisement for such an event belongs within the stream itself.

Just my 2 cents, stay healthy.

IGN = TheCIA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info