So Kripparian says melee "sucks" in late game...

I think 2h Marauders are awesome end game. i personally prefer that over a ranged character, i had my Marauder at lvl 78 Running 67+ maps constantly, Leap slamming and sweeping around likecrazy (with amplify and blast radius) and i often found that to be more effective than my 110k dps 4.44aps lvl 75 shadow (on diamond flask) using Lightning Strike, Shadow was faster and had useof whirling blades so he could do dual vaal maps better and dodgy bosses, but i really like marauder for just smashing mobs really fast.
HugeMfka - 84 Righteous Fire Duelist - 44/346 MF 6.9k Life
DemCritsOP - 84 Reave Shadow - 71k Reave / 35k Vaal Reave
"
.. can somebody who plays end game actually confirm that?

Pretty sure he is one of the most knowledgeable people on end game content bro.
My sweep marauder is more fun than my dual-totem witch, and can still complete maps, but is slower, higher-risk, more gear dependent, less able to stack mf, and just all around far less efficient. We'll see what OB brings.
I only want to have that thread in my profile :P

Cause im playing a 2h-marauder and have make some better choices on OB ;-)
"
cjf1023 wrote:
"
.. can somebody who plays end game actually confirm that?

Pretty sure he is one of the most knowledgeable people on end game content bro.

With his on and off again, slightly off-center, knowledge?

At end-end game, melee is inferior to ranged, but it has nothing to do, and is almost impossible to tell for a majority of the game. In fact, barring a few problem cases, melee is actually stronger then ranged, for a majority of the time.

Krip has a very off-color view of almost every game he plays, in situations like this, as he receives huge amounts of boosts and items, from sources any of us would never have. So while it is true, that at the very very end game, range is superior, it is a very marginal thing.

If you want to argue how ranged characters are more efficient, that is true. But at the same time, melee characters also have a very small list of necessities to become viable, compared to a ranged character.

Pros and Cons. The simple thing is that the ranged characters have better AoEs late game, when they have the ability to kill any and everything before it gets to them. Once that is achieved, which is much harder to do then make a melee viable, ranged takes off.
I love the marauder!!!
Melee is very viable end game, but you have to build more tanky then a ranged. I think what is happening is people early game just want dps and build towards dps early game. Then once end game hits they are in a world of hurt cause they didn't plan for the massive dmg out put of end game mobs.

To go by what Kripp says is just plain retarded. The dude will be done with this game and move on in a few short weeks so stop taking all he says as law. There are a ton of other players who have played longer then him and play melee and are better then him. About the only thing Kripp has going for him is a damn twitch feed. Are you really going to base your opinion on the game and it's mechanics on a person who has only been playing for a few weeks. Or are you going to side with players who have been playing melee for over a year? I mean hell you guys are on the d**k of a guy who dropped everything to play Mist of Pandaria. Really?

Melee does just fine it is only these players who try to face tank mobs that give it a bad name. Yeah ranged can own that is a fact. Those ranged that own are beyond gear dependent and guess what... most of those top ranged builds are getting nerfed into the ground come OB.

P.S. endurance stacks ftw!
Last edited by tribeca76 on Jan 13, 2013, 1:41:44 PM
"
yoshichan wrote:
Off topic: Yeah, we might see a nerf to spell totems. I don't know how they would nerf it, but it's pretty crazy in its current state.

Currently in Alpha, Spell Totem is now only as effective as Ranged Attack Totem - 50% Reduced Attack Speed, Totem Deals 40% Less Damage

Also, Act 3 is HARD
"
tribeca76 wrote:
Melee is very viable end game, but you have to build more tanky then a ranged. I think what is happening is people early game just want dps and build towards dps early game. Then once end game hits they are in a world of hurt cause they didn't plan for the massive dmg out put of end game mobs.

To go by what Kripp says is just plain retarded. The dude will be done with this game and move on in a few short weeks so stop taking all he says as law. There are a ton of other players who have played longer then him and play melee and are better then him. About the only thing Kripp has going for him is a damn twitch feed. Are you really going to base your opinion on the game and it's mechanics on a person who has only been playing for a few weeks. Or are you going to side with players who have been playing melee for over a year? I mean hell you guys are on the d**k of a guy who dropped everything to play Mist of Pandaria. Really?

Melee does just fine it is only these players who try to face tank mobs that give it a bad name. Yeah ranged can own that is a fact. Those ranged that own are beyond gear dependent and guess what... most of those top ranged builds are getting nerfed into the ground come OB.

P.S. endurance stacks ftw!

Man, you need a new hobby. He started playing as a marauder and switched to range and found ranged to be stronger. Seems pretty legit to me. He is also a top contender on races and is knowledgeable about every game he plays. Come yourself big guy. IMO the armor mechanic is what hinders melee. Avoiding damage is much easier than mitigating it. This gives ranged an advantage. Completely depends on playstyle and people will play what they like. I roll melee and like it but i see ranged clear rooms in one or two shots, without entering them and it can be a little frustrating.

Last edited by Cruxation on Jan 13, 2013, 3:30:41 PM
Just look at kripps track record. He cracks out on a game for a few months "12 hours a day", then gets bored of it and starts hating on it. Did it to D3, Gw2, WoW. Then all his followers "sheep" start doing the same thing. They are all mindless drones.
A game is a thing to have fun with, so have fun and play the game.
Kripp also said no one would care about the sc or hc ladders. Only races are important. He is very wrong on that. People I know don't care about the "rng" races.
Wow some kid drank a ton of redbull and didn't sleep for a week. He won a "race" lmao
Get a Girlfriend and see how many "races" you do.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
Last edited by tat0010 on Jan 13, 2013, 3:54:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info