Dan's Scion

But would you replace AF with PPAD in pvp though?
It's weird because when I switched from scion to shadow my dps went up by 35% in exchange for 22% all resist. Got some block chance on the side. I'll try to respec into pvp mode one of these days to compare stats with ya.
Isn't purity of fire/purity of element enough to make up for the loss of resist for you though?
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
It's weird because when I switched from scion to shadow my dps went up by 35% in exchange for 22% all resist. Got some block chance on the side. I'll try to respec into pvp mode one of these days to compare stats with ya.
Isn't purity of fire/purity of element enough to make up for the loss of resist for you though?

It is, but with my scion, I don't even need purity when I'm wearing dream fragments, which is a BIG deal, because that means a 4th aura like determination or anger is possible. Also, on my shadow, if I'm in an ele weakness map, I'm fucked. I have take off dream fragments and replace it with a perfect resistance ring, which, in a map with freeze, also requires me to change up too many other things for it to be worth it.

The way the new gem works is that it amplifies your damage with a more multiplier. The way faster attacks works is that it is an additive increase in attack speed. If you have more attack speed from your skill tree (scion has WAY more), then you get more out of the physical damage gem than with faster attacks.

Another thing to note, by the way, is crown of eyes. I already have so much % increased physical damage, that the nodes on the skill tree that give physical damage just aren't as strong. But also, crit multiplier has significant diminishing returns past a certain point, and I tested that out as well.
"
Bumblebutt wrote:

I would replace LMP with PPAD in pvp. That brings my total tooltip dps to like 80k with spectral throw lol.

One of the nicest things about PPAD so far is the permafreeze it does on 77-78 bosses. I can't use it in physical reflect maps though because my damage is much too high.
Still waiting for you to update your the gems to the ones you actually use, please :>
MIRROR SERVICE: GODLY Crown of Eyes Amulet - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805273

IGN: Innominates
Using Blood Rage takes from my health, and in your video it is taking from your shield. How do I make my Blood Rage remove from my shield and not my health?
Look at his chest.
"
biggerboom wrote:

It is, but with my scion, I don't even need purity when I'm wearing dream fragments, which is a BIG deal, because that means a 4th aura like determination or anger is possible. Also, on my shadow, if I'm in an ele weakness map, I'm fucked. I have take off dream fragments and replace it with a perfect resistance ring, which, in a map with freeze, also requires me to change up too many other things for it to be worth it.

Fourth aura? I run Hatred on life to reach lowlife and Discipline and Grace on mana and I have more mana reduced talents than you (running Charisma and Influence clusters), but I don't see how to run a fourth aura really. I can run Tempest Shield on life though. Being able to run Wrath would be great since it not only provides a BIG DPS boost but it would also leverage quality TS and it would apply shock status ailment. How do you propose doing this?

"
muse99 wrote:
"
biggerboom wrote:

Fourth aura? I run Hatred on life to reach lowlife and Discipline and Grace on mana and I have more mana reduced talents than you (running Charisma and Influence clusters), but I don't see how to run a fourth aura really. I can run Tempest Shield on life though. Being able to run Wrath would be great since it not only provides a BIG DPS boost but it would also leverage quality TS and it would apply shock status ailment. How do you propose doing this?

I have a similar-ish build for a Reave character I run, and I run 5 auras. I do it using Prism Guardian - it's all laid out in my build guide on the Ranger forum if you're interested (and applied equally well to a Scion tree like this one). While I have some good gear, if I had BiS items in virtually every slot like the OP, I wouldn't run Prism guardian either - but it does allow me to run 5 auras instead of 2 or 3.

Petrov.
"
mrpetrov wrote:

I have a similar-ish build for a Reave character I run, and I run 5 auras. I do it using Prism Guardian - it's all laid out in my build guide on the Ranger forum if you're interested (and applied equally well to a Scion tree like this one). While I have some good gear, if I had BiS items in virtually every slot like the OP, I wouldn't run Prism guardian either - but it does allow me to run 5 auras instead of 2 or 3.

Hi Petrov, thanks for chiming in. The OP does not use Prism Guardian, so I am mainly interested in how he can run four. However, bringing up that shield is interesting in this discussion, especially for more budget-oriented players. So are you saying you're running 5 aura's with just the Influence cluster + Prism Guardian? Or are you running more reservation nodes?

I use malachai's simulai at the beginning of a map to switch on a 4th aura. This does not work if you're in a multi-leveled zone like sceptre of god (unless you do it after reaching the upper sceptre), but basically, you can trick the game into letting you use blood magic without the gems. You can look it up to see how to do it. Works with either covenant or malachais.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info