Dan's Scion

EDIT: NVM. There's actually a gigantic difference.

I'm about to change a couple of things in the skill tree.
"
biggerboom wrote:

Would be neat if you could update the skill gems you're actually using now since the current ones are outdated.
MIRROR SERVICE: GODLY Crown of Eyes Amulet - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805273

IGN: Innominates
isnt this build only good because of the Godly gear ?
for someone else with low currency, this means :
no Shavronne = no low life,
no 6l at all = exreme lower dps or survivability (no leech or no dps support)
no crown of eyes = no Spell damage as Phys damage,
no Godly dagger = no damage at all

without all those items i dont think that the guide is playable.

hey cool build! gonna maybe try this out on a new char in nemesis lul.

Probably will take alot more ES nodes, not sure how to connect the tree starting with witch though ...
Last edited by Kevii on Dec 12, 2013, 4:41:33 AM
Hey dan, I'm kind of interested in your build, would you by any chance have an alternative skill tree routes for people that are either going Shadow or Witch for that matter?
"
Sirais wrote:
isnt this build only good because of the Godly gear ?
for someone else with low currency, this means :
no Shavronne = no low life,
no 6l at all = exreme lower dps or survivability (no leech or no dps support)
no crown of eyes = no Spell damage as Phys damage,
no Godly dagger = no damage at all

without all those items i dont think that the guide is playable.

And your point is? It clearly states it is meant as an endgame build.

If you don't have godly gear, most of the spec functions just the same. Shavs and a decent dagger are mandatory for the build to function. A 6l is highly advisable since you can swap in gems more easily (for more leech), but not stictly necessary. Crown of Eyes and Godly dagger are not mandatory in my views.

Personally I run a variant with Abyssus and a good (but not godly) dagger and I do about 30k DPS with 5400 ES. I actually own a crown of eyes now but Abyssus provides more damage for me, since my dagger is not uber in terms of raw pDPS.

"
biggerboom wrote:

Please share. I picked up two PPAD gems yesterday and was quite excited to incorporate them since they are 'more' modifiers, but in my testing they do not clearly outperform FA yet. However, your updates implies that a respec might be needed in order to capitalize on this.

Last edited by muse99 on Dec 12, 2013, 7:46:40 AM
I updated the skill tree. The current skill tree provides higher DPS with a more ranged attack gem than faster attacks.
PPAD supposed to outperform Added fire, no?
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Skill tree is bugged.

Please update it with correct skill tree.
Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. -Scissors

IGN:
Chucks_Left_Foot
Sklej_Pupe
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
PPAD supposed to outperform Added fire, no?

Too much physical damage = death to reflect, even with vaal pact. I realized this today as I died in a reflect map to a double reflect mob as a result of the more physical damage thing.

I wouldn't say that physical damage gem outperforms the fire damage gem, because you aren't replacing a red socket with the physical damage gem anyway. You NEED that red socket to be able to put in life leech gem or item quantity gem, depending on whether you're running IIQ/IIR gear or otherwise.

Btw bro, I leveled up a shadow all the way to level 90, and I can safely say that my scion is overall stronger xD

After doing some tests, I've discovered that the only reaosn you would run the new gem is if you were in a map that did NOT have physical reflect, and you wanted to save mana. The total
Last edited by biggerboom on Dec 13, 2013, 4:46:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info