Dan's Scion

I dont get where you are getting 17k armour from.
Did you use flask?
IGN Mondiath.
Why no life leech for ST?
Have you tried getting the spell damage nodes in the Scion start instead of the Attack Speed nodes? Intuitively I would think they would give more DPS, but maybe I am mistaken.

"
muse99 wrote:
Have you tried getting the spell damage nodes in the Scion start instead of the Attack Speed nodes? Intuitively I would think they would give more DPS, but maybe I am mistaken.

I've thought about it, and it seems like it has the potential to provide higher dps.
Im doing a low life crit dagger build atm in domination and the build became SOOO much better after switching to lightning strike from spectral throw.. Your lightning strike DPS would be 5x higher... Its insane.
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
Im doing a low life crit dagger build atm in domination and the build became SOOO much better after switching to lightning strike from spectral throw.. Your lightning strike DPS would be 5x higher... Its insane.

Ele reflect would become more of a problem with lightning strike than I face with spectral throw. Remember that I'm already at 80k effective dps - any more than that isn't necessary unless I want to put myself in trouble against reflect. Additionally, I wouldn't be life stealing as much from blood rage with lightning strike, and I wouldn't have as much fun because lightning strike is a boring ability :p
On some harder maps I've been using Malachai's Simula to support 4 60% auras and tempest shield, thoughts?
"
On some harder maps I've been using Malachai's Simula to support 4 60% auras and tempest shield, thoughts?

It's actually a perfect idea. I haven't updated this guide with that tip yet, because it's very situational (you can only do it for maps-- outside of maps, you need to use a blood magic gem because you don't want to have to recast auras everytime you change auras)

I actually have a shadow right now that is level 81 and uses a similar build (but higher crit &). The problem with him is that I HAVE to run purity, and on ele weakness maps, I'm left with not enough fire and cold resist with purity unless I were to switch out my dream fragments for another resist ring.

I'm personally finding my scion to be the stronger character -so far-. I'll do a big comparison at level 89 with my shadow to see which character is stronger overall for spectral throw (both have their downsides and upsides -- shadow gets more ES and block chance capability, scion gets a LOT more resists. A LOT more.)
Would it be better to replace faster attacks gem with the new support gem Physical Projectile Attack Damage?

MIRROR SERVICE: GODLY Crown of Eyes Amulet - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805273

IGN: Innominates
The DPS stays the same. The only nice thing about physical projectile damage gem is that you'll do higher damage but with lower attack speed, and that will help you sustain your mana pool.

I would maybe switch the gems in a 50% mana regen map, but i haven't found a clear advantage to using it yet. maybe a 20/20 gem will provide better results, but a level 5 currently lowers my overall dps by like 1k. Note that you should never use the projectile damage gem on a physical reflect map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info