[0.10.0] Eldritch Battery Ethereal Knives Shadow [Videos Included]

How many auras are you guys managing to run atm?
I'm level 70 following his exact spec and Disc is actually making me lose mana lol

Running Hatred/Vit/Determination I wana put purity in there T_T

/e: Scratch what I said about wanting to run purity, just found a Saffell's :)
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) IGN: PsychoPiz(〜 ̄△ ̄)〜
Last edited by SISTAR on Mar 5, 2013, 6:54:24 PM
ok images on this thread have been fixed. sorry for the inconvenience!

also added a section on phys reflect mobs
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I have a mechanic question though regarding chain and reflect mobs.

If a projectile stemming from a chain hits a reflect mob does it reflect back to me? or is it considered coming from another source at that point?

I have been leveling my chain this whole time in a swap (its lvl 18 now) but I have been hesitant to use it for the fear of double hitting a reflect from off screen as I have been unsure on it it reflects back.

I know (obviously) that if the primary projectile hits it does in fact reflect, I am just unsure if one of the chained ones do or not.

Thanks in advance for any clarification on this
Last edited by whoismiked on Mar 5, 2013, 8:26:09 PM

Current Gear Above:

Early on EK was enough to devastate most mobs so long as I had the mana for it but being poor I couldn't afford much gear getting zombies which I mention below was amazing help.

I am running Triple Bear Traps for utter boss devastation in place of a (Zombie + Min Life + Min Damage + Spectre) 4link as this early on was an amazing 4link combo to help me survive , I also took Lord of the Dead around level 50 to help with quick farming of the Ledge/Docks for a meaty 4 zombie 9 skeleton shield. I replaced the Zombie gem as a single slot in my helm with trip link (Skeleton + Spell Totem + Minion Life) again I should be able to reduce this to 2link to give me another slot for something.

Getting to the point now where I no longer need to run zombies on a perma basis and with quill rain / broad stroke maps up to level 70 give me no problems, Maps above that I need to swap to Dagger/Shield to cap my resists. Currently thinking that getting rings with HP//HP+Mana+Chaos Res/Spell DMG will be my next large upgrades.

Next upgrade on my list non jewelery wise will be a helm with ES Base + HP + Chaos Res and if possible ES%+ES

If anyone needs any help with killing bosses to progress with your toons let me know always happy to help and thanks Invalesco for this badass spec!!
Is The Magnate belt really good? There are no life and resists on it. Buy or not to buy?
IGN: Javana
"
Orlog wrote:
Is The Magnate belt really good? There are no life and resists on it. Buy or not to buy?

Depends, its a big dps increase but if you play hardcore you might prefer the life and resists offered by other belts.
"
Furl wrote:
"
Orlog wrote:

Depends, its a big dps increase but if you play hardcore you might prefer the life and resists offered by other belts.

I am nooob and play soft. I think I'll buy it.
IGN: Javana
First of, its ahuge thread, and i didnt read all of the comments so excuse me if i write something that has already been cleared up.

That beeing said, I built a few chars arround ek, and am currently running a marauder who uses exclusively EK to deal damage.
I frequently see people asking about critical damage. If you take a look at the base crit chance of the spell you will notice that investing in it is a waste of currency and passive skills. If i had the choice I would prefere to do no crits at all, at higher levels one crit at the wrong time can kill yourself instantly. I have over 5k life, and deal up to 4.2k to 6.3k physical damage per projectile. my armor sits around 15k all the time, and i still manage to lose it all in one single cast...
EK has two sides, if you play with fire, dont be surprised to be burnt
IGN:

Kilowattski
Last edited by turiski on Mar 6, 2013, 6:21:13 PM
Just found an amazing wand today (+cold instead of lightening woulda been perfect, but its still amazing. I still use quillrain combo when I need to kite off the screen, but this just clears things so fast with its crit potential...and 19000DPS bear trap is fun =)

"
turiski wrote:
First of, its ahuge thread, and i didnt read all of the comments so excuse me if i write something that has already been cleared up.

That beeing said, I built a few chars arround ek, and am currently running a marauder who uses exclusively EK to deal damage.
I frequently see people asking about critical damage. If you take a look at the base crit chance of the spell you will notice that investing in it is a waste of currency and passive skills. If i had the choice I would prefere to do no crits at all, at higher levels one crit at the wrong time can kill yourself instantly. I have over 5k life, and deal up to 4.2k to 6.3k physical damage per projectile. my armor sits around 15k all the time, and i still manage to lose it all in one single cast...
EK has two sides, if you play with fire, dont be surprised to be burnt

I disagree, from my gear im sitting at 25% crit chance on EK. YES - If you crit a reflect mob YOU ARE GONNA DIE. But...GGG made it REALLY easy to recognize these mobs if you are paying attention (they fucking sparkle like gay vampires!)

When this happens...guess what - I run off screen and throw freezing pulse in my setup for a nice 3000 DPS cold damage + firetraps and bear traps. Going for crit is perfectly fine with this build, and the base crit chance isn't lower than any other spells...so I don't get it.

Still way better than cast speed...cast speed is worthless, since you run around so much late game anyway to avoid stuff.
Last edited by Alabugin on Mar 6, 2013, 9:22:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info