0.9.13l Patch Notes

"
DrNo0blawl wrote:
the game community seems empty with the new chat system. like from a crowded server to a server with no one


As far as I can see the level of chat on average is almost identical to before, except that half of it is in trade chat. Do you have trade visible?
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
DrNo0blawl wrote:
the game community seems empty with the new chat system. like from a crowded server to a server with no one


I've noticed this too. Not sure if it's just because I play at odd hours (before and after work, I deliver newspapers, I'm nocturnal) and merci chat was filled with sleepless US zombies and brits who were just waking up.
Last edited by spaph on Jan 5, 2013, 1:05:22 AM
We're going to try it with 30% more people per chat. This is now in effect.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Questions that came up in Global:

Is the trade chat channel also sharded by server?
Is the assigned trade channel sharded the same way global is?
Will this have a material impact on the audience for items for sale?

Will there be a future implementation to permit users to manually switch servers for whatever reason? Or will the expectation be that the social/party interface and the to be implemented clan/guild/private leagues will obviate the need for manual channel control?
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ RIP Le Toucan
"
Chris wrote:
"
DrNo0blawl wrote:
the game community seems empty with the new chat system. like from a crowded server to a server with no one


As far as I can see the level of chat on average is almost identical to before, except that half of it is in trade chat. Do you have trade visible?


Yes my trade chat was and still is visible. The level of chat might still be the same, but for end game players, only 25% or less of the chat will be relevant. With the other 75% of the chat being questions like "how do i link items", seems like more end game players choose not to talk as much.

Game is great so far, I'll probably suggest that chat would be still be sorted by difficulty and then adding more channel to the respective difficulty so that chats on each difficulty will be relevant to everyone else on it.
trade channel is great but to not have chat separated by difficulty sucks, i think its going to make for to much trolling really. your going to get alot of bad chat going on now more then before and thats not going to be good.
"
Chris wrote:
"
GrimJahk wrote:
"
Coldet wrote:
I still feel the need for chat hot keys.

currently "Shift"+"Enter" = Global
"Ctrl"+ Enter" = Whisper

Nothing for party - Which is the MOST important of them all.


Also: Not related to chat. Please we need some indication in the social panel of where your friends are playing. As it currently stands you can see which friends are online, in which difficulty and map. BUT, there is no indication in which league they are playing.


Additionally...


If you Shift-enter while global chat is checked "off" it forces the changed state and shows you global chat.

If you Force Trade chat with "$ xxxtext" it turns on the trade channel but still shows the Check box as checked to hide trade chat.


This is fixed in the next patch.


Chris when is the real trade system getting implemented? The one where you said you were going to combine the site? D2jsp style?
"
DrNo0blawl wrote:
Game is great so far, I'll probably suggest that chat would be still be sorted by difficulty and then adding more channel to the respective difficulty so that chats on each difficulty will be relevant to everyone else on it.


Seconded; I talked about this in global with a handful of my old merciless peeps and they feel the same way. Shard by difficulty, then shard again?
I just wanted to pop my head in and say thank you for adding this to the game. It's a great addition!
"
Chris wrote:
Removed the... The setting is still in the config file if you want to use it.


That's the right way to go about it. Thank you for creating the game you want without dictating how everyone should play it. Hope to see the same for damage text and other UI options.

:)
Golem Support Gem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/43442

Minion Support Gem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/45246

Minion Equipment Support Gems
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48132

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info