0.9.13l Patch Notes

Version 0.9.13latenight
  • Added trade chat, which is like global chat but has the symbol $. It's hidden by default but it can be unhidden with the tickbox at the top of the chat window or the options screen. Please use trade chat for linking items for trade or for discussing trades. Moderators should encourage users to use trade chat and will mute people who ignore warnings and try to trade in global chat.
  • You now can't link more than three items in global chat. You have to use trade chat, whispers, local chat or party chat.
  • Removed the UI option for "Filter White Items". We have solved most of the item spam issues that led to this being introduced and we feel it's very bad for the game. Players who are using it are missing out on valuable white items. The setting is still in the config file if you want to use it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
We took the complaints about the new chat changes seriously and feel that adding trade chat will solve most of the spam issues. We still want to keep the difficulties mixed though.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
You now can't link more than three items in global chat. You have to use trade chat, whispers, local chat or party chat.

You mean 3 items per message, right?
Wouldn't this lead to a ~10 messages each with 3 items on it?

Yes, but in that case they should be muted by a moderator.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:
Yes, but in that case they should be muted by a moderator.

Can't wait to see Charan lose his mind over the next few days. I'm grabbing some popcorn and hanging out in beta.

We'll hopefully have better moderation tools in the next few weeks.
"
ekhowl wrote:
Is it intended that instances now seem to last 45 minutes instead of the old 8-15min?

I am very surprised you noticed it that quickly. It's just because we have spare server capacity at the moment.
"
GrimJahk wrote:
"
Coldet wrote:
I still feel the need for chat hot keys.

currently "Shift"+"Enter" = Global
"Ctrl"+ Enter" = Whisper

Nothing for party - Which is the MOST important of them all.

Also: Not related to chat. Please we need some indication in the social panel of where your friends are playing. As it currently stands you can see which friends are online, in which difficulty and map. BUT, there is no indication in which league they are playing.

Additionally...

If you Shift-enter while global chat is checked "off" it forces the changed state and shows you global chat.

If you Force Trade chat with "$ xxxtext" it turns on the trade channel but still shows the Check box as checked to hide trade chat.

This is fixed in the next patch.
"
ekhowl wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
ekhowl wrote:
Is it intended that instances now seem to last 45 minutes instead of the old 8-15min?

I am very surprised you noticed it that quickly. It's just because we have spare server capacity at the moment.

Hehe, I can't take all the credit myself, as there were several people in the global chat who were wondering about this. :-)

So, it's going to be toned down to the more usual timeframe eventually? I was super happy to see the 45min myself, as I have this habit of taking extensive afk's! Very glad to hear about the spare server capacity.

We just set it temporarily. We have enough server capacity right now for 50,000 players (for open beta) but we only have 3,000 players online.

We are considering serializing the state of instances to disk at some point, which would allow us to have instances that last an hour or more. This isn't a change that will be coming soon though.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
"
DrNo0blawl wrote:
the game community seems empty with the new chat system. like from a crowded server to a server with no one

As far as I can see the level of chat on average is almost identical to before, except that half of it is in trade chat. Do you have trade visible?
We're going to try it with 30% more people per chat. This is now in effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info