Played Reaper of Souls today

"
majesw wrote:
"
katjezz wrote:
Not a single second of delay.

Ah yes i forgot, EVERY game has it. sure. /irony

Stop making shit for the shop and improve the server-client communication already.

Just played my Tempest Rush Monk the other night. Desync is alive and well in D3. There's a lot more in PoE, true, but do not pretend that no other game has any...

While a little desync may be true in other games, I have never had desync as bad as PoE, ever, in my entire gaming life. And, I have been playing online games since I was 16 and I'm 31 now, and started with a 56k modem.

I remember playing shooters, and people would test their connection to a server by typing "T" in the chat when you got in; if it was like 2 seconds before the T came up, it was a good server lol. Somtimes it was 5 seconds; gonna be a rough game.

Anyways, this is 2013. I put up with some small desync back in 2000 playing d2, and even then d2 was not as bad as PoE is now, 13 years later.

Now I love PoE. I make lots of posts being agitated by Desync, but I still like the game and play. Just lets be real here; desync is the single biggest issue with this game, and it is a huge one evidenced by the countless threads posted every single day. They would do good to work on it.
Last edited by Destructodave on Nov 20, 2013, 12:09:36 PM
Congrats on shelling out 30 bucks on a expansion that adds content that was supposed to be in the release version. Sheeple buy reaper of wallets, awesome people play POE: Act 4.
Just goes to show that a smooth experience isn't the be all and end all of what makes a game good. D3 has way smoother combat and the rubber banding it does have isn't as much of an issue as PoE desynch is.

Yet D3 is widely considered a failure and PoE a success. It just means that people are willing to put up with learning how to deal with desynch because PoE is that good of a game.
Anybody who claims to have never experienced desync in another game is either a newborn gamer or is too stupid to know when they desync. Seriously what a dumb claim!

Also just because Blizzard fixes the issues people were griping about doesn't mean all the issues were gone. How about the original issue.... that Diablo 3 simply was not designed to be an evolutionary game but to be a money grabber game. Get rid of AH, bugs, etc etc and what does that leave you? An fixed version of a game that still fell below par and has very limited build potential. Even if D3 was balanced, build potential would still be very low because of its primitive skill tree and uninspired character progression. The additional flaws to the flawed base game might be fixed, but that will still leave a flawed base game.
"
GolbezFF4 wrote:
"
Cry some more. Seriously, everyone cares.

Also, the graphic artists who make the shop cosmetics really should be working on server coding more. How dare they...

Lol, this game is going to be a ghost town when RoS releases. Blizzard has fixed just about every gripe people had with the game. Only the AH tycoons and traders are the butthurt people regarding RoS. ARPG's are all about finding epic loot.

Gating loot like this game does is a terrible idea. The only reason why PoE is doing as good as it has is because of how terrible D3 Vanilla was. As a ARPG veteran and one who was in a 50+ deep line when D1 came out back in 96, RoS is going to be a success.

There was no bigger critic of D3 than I was. PoE is lightning in a bottle, its a fantastic game for its staff and budget. I like the hell out of this game but lets be honest, it only did as well as it did because D3 vanilla was a disappointment.

As of right now, PoE is king of the hill in terms of ARPG's. This is going to change dramatically once RoS comes out.

Where'd you buy your crystal ball sir?
"
Nonsensei436 wrote:
Just goes to show that a smooth experience isn't the be all and end all of what makes a game good. D3 has way smoother combat and the rubber banding it does have isn't as much of an issue as PoE desynch is.

Yet D3 is widely considered a failure and PoE a success. It just means that people are willing to put up with learning how to deal with desynch because PoE is that good of a game.

You are right; PoE is a good game and people are putting up with issues despite them, because it is a good game. Very similar to previous Blizzard titles. Most all Blizzard games had severe issues starting out. Nearly all of them. D2 had them, WoW had them, hell D1 had them. But they were great games underneath the issues, and people stuck with them till the problems were fixed.

I remember release d2 and all the crashing, server issues, long ques, etc. It was frustrating. But they fixed it.

Thats the key: they fixed the problems. Now PoE is an amazing game. It is. Despite Desync, its an amazing game underneath that makes people deal with it. And, it should be a testament to the game that the only thing wrong with it is not even the game itself: its JUST desync. Thats it. 1 problem.

But its big one that needs to be worked out. Look, people only put up with things for so long, no matter how much they love it. If some competitor game can even come close, and doesnt have such a debilitating issue like desync, and it is, then it could hurt PoE in the long run.

I learn to deal with Desync; anyone who plays this game learns to play around it, deal with it, avoid it, you name it. But, it gets really old; really really old doing that all day. And, when the inevitable happens, and it kills you, you get extremely angry because you have been playing around it for so long, avoiding it, and all the things associated with it, and it gets old.

Will RoS be a failure? I think so, my RL best friend doesn't. Only time will tell. But, desync will be a huge catalyst for people leaving that shouldn't even be there if RoS turns out to be a decent game, and it would be sad to lose people because of something thats not even part of the core game, but it happens all the time.
d3 is trash watch some stream of ros is still the same crap especially those long cool down killing the game

Of course is d3 trash and will stay trash.

But gut on twitch, watch EVERY game that is played there, PoE is the ONLY ONE who has in its VOD section tons of desync deaths. THE ONLY ONE. With an hardcore mode in mind.

I played to level 70 in nemesis and got desync killed, about 3 times now, everyone in my guild that dies, dies to desync. no exception. You can predict when it happens, like if a monster stands directly in a door, this instantly triggers desync if you run past him or even just attack them.
Last edited by katjezz on Nov 20, 2013, 12:32:37 PM
well as i remember when playing shit3 this fucking shit had the worst fucking servers ever at the start.. 12million kinds of connection errors.. and you couldnt play it..

poe serverrs have a downtime from some seconds max.. and work 24/7 .. and i play standard.. i give no shit about desync.. its fun ;).. a lil more thrill. and very skill depending.. but blabla 12million threads about it.. and shit3 is shit..

working server with desync > shitserver that wondt let u play
standard boy, sure wouldnt i care if death wont matter lol.
play a bit nemesis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info