Played Reaper of Souls today

"
StormHunter wrote:
Maybe because many thousands of people all around the world play poe while only a few play on the reaper of noobs testserver

Well... let's see...5 to 6 million coughed up $60 US to play D3 1.0 in May 2012 based on the Diablo franchise reputation. Yes, I got burned badly because of this so that is why I'm here in PoE and not caring anything about D3 Reaper of Souls. I do subscribe to PC Gamer so I read their preview of it and thought "ok, it's good to dump the auction house and make a real arpg but it's too little too late for me". GGG has no previous reputation to bank on and must stand or die by the quality of PoE. If GGG can never get desync under control then that will be a serious and significant blow to PoE's longevity and GGG's survivability. GGG can't kick this problem down the road for too much longer without risking a player base collapse if the D3 expansion turns out to be a great arpg and is super fun to play.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
katjezz wrote:
Not a single second of delay.

Ah yes i forgot, EVERY game has it. sure. /irony

Stop making shit for the shop and improve the server-client communication already.

Did you played diablo3 on the release day?? Error 37 get we mostly of us!

And how maney ppl are you in Beta?? I read it was 3000 players who was invited LOL

Poe have 3 milions players, think of that kid!
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
"
Starzon29 wrote:

Poe have 3 milions players, think of that kid!

fanboy detected ...

accounts != players

poe rougly has around 60k players ... not more
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
Last edited by exorzist on Nov 22, 2013, 9:40:01 AM
This again? :D :D :D :D

"I GO PLAY ROS, YOU GAIS MUST LISTENED TO ME, I'M RIGHT." - Those who still believes in Blizztard.

"OMG U SUCH NOOB SO MUCH WOW. WHY DO YOU TALK ABOUT THAT GAME ITS SHIT. OMG OMG NOOB LOL."
- The Weird guys from the PoE community. (Yes DirkAustin you are indeed wierd. :3)

I don't care guys, do whatever you want with your spare time. But this is off topic and we don't take kindly to these threads. So please, go to General Discussion instead. It's a lost cause anyways.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
There are people already not picking up rares in just their second day of playing.

That should tell you something about how great loot 2.0 is.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
GolbezFF4 wrote:
"
Cry some more. Seriously, everyone cares.

Also, the graphic artists who make the shop cosmetics really should be working on server coding more. How dare they...

Lol, this game is going to be a ghost town when RoS releases. Blizzard has fixed just about every gripe people had with the game. Only the AH tycoons and traders are the butthurt people regarding RoS. ARPG's are all about finding epic loot.

Gating loot like this game does is a terrible idea. The only reason why PoE is doing as good as it has is because of how terrible D3 Vanilla was. As a ARPG veteran and one who was in a 50+ deep line when D1 came out back in 96, RoS is going to be a success.

There was no bigger critic of D3 than I was. PoE is lightning in a bottle, its a fantastic game for its staff and budget. I like the hell out of this game but lets be honest, it only did as well as it did because D3 vanilla was a disappointment.

As of right now, PoE is king of the hill in terms of ARPG's. This is going to change dramatically once RoS comes out.

I follow RoS news. Blizzard has not fixed anything that matters and has implemented more stupid ideas to make things worse.

- The item system is still broken
- You still want +Main Stat, +Vit, and +crit chance/crit damage/ias to implemented caps
- There is still no character customization
- There are still no character builds
- There are still no decisions or permanent choices to be made
- There is still no reason to ever create more than one character of each class
- They stupidly removed the GAH (which would have been fine had there never been a RMAH and everything purchased from the GAH became account bound on purchase)
- All set/legendary items are now stupidly account bound, only tradable with the people you happened to be playing with at the time; for up to 2 hours after the drop (ironic! where was account-bound on purchase when there was a GAH)
- The stash size is still to small (wonder if we'll get back the stash tabs they demo'd and pulled from the game before retail)
- Making the monsters/areas scale to your level is idiotic; you have no ability to go back and slaughter enemies below your level or take on enemies above your level; whether sliding the difficulty up/down on enemies of your level will compensate remains to be seen
- If drops in Loot 2.0 are any anything like the current Console Drops, everyone will be over geared and quit within a month (not that the myriad of broken things above this won't make people quit just as quick or not come back at all because nothing has been improved)

Awesome network code/no desync is the only thing Blizzard did right.

No Character customisation + no individual character build + no real endgame contend

-> thats the reason i will stay with POE, i dont care about the hype. Just hope the people leave soon to play RoS for a few months and prices for gear gets cheaper in POE :)

They will come back to POE as they did after a few months when D3 got released :)

PLUS: With RoS GGG must word hard and offer a lot more to POE, this is just good for us gamers! :) GGOOGOGOGOGO BLIZZARD AND GGG offer us something for our money :) [love u GGG <3]
I have a question for all of you: Who gives a shit? Seriously, just play whatever game you like, stop comparing the two, they are as different as night and day. I never played at launch, but I can say that I enjoyed it when my old man let me have a run through on it. I say both POE and D3 have their strengths and weaknesses, things that make them different, and things that make them the same. Stop using them to fuel the hate train, and go about your business. Jesus Christ...
"The path of a true warrior is not how strong you become to defeat others; but how strong you become to protect those who matter most."

Yhuma - melee Dagger Shadow

"
GypsyBlws wrote:
I've played over 1k hours in D3.

Then I discovered PoE.

I'm never going back there.
"
Marxis wrote:
I have a question for all of you: Who gives a shit? Seriously, just play whatever game you like, stop comparing the two, they are as different as night and day. I never played at launch, but I can say that I enjoyed it when my old man let me have a run through on it. I say both POE and D3 have their strengths and weaknesses, things that make them different, and things that make them the same. Stop using them to fuel the hate train, and go about your business. Jesus Christ...

Did you just use logic on an internet gaming forum? That's really bad. Like REALLY bad.
Like dividing by zero ba--
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
"
Novalisk wrote:
There are people already not picking up rares in just their second day of playing.

That should tell you something about how great loot 2.0 is.

Is that supposed to be a good thing?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info