[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
Kowaka wrote:
I hope this build has the same strength if not more so, when the new expansion hits and changes the passive tree. I found bino's dagger and was really looking forward to making this build. Who knows how the new unique items will affect this build or the new skill gems. HYPE

lucky bastard! ive been trying to chance it since forever with no result x(
"
ChesterMok wrote:
i kind of already know the answer but +fire damage is a better support than crit multi? my intuition sais that having added fire is better since you're increasing the base damage from wich it will get multiplied but just want to make sure :P

loving this build!

Spoiler

lvl 64 work in progress ^^

Added fire scales poorly in end game, which is why I decided to drop it from my 6L setup. Crit multy however becomes more powerful towards end game and is one of the most essential gems for crit builds. So crit multi >> added fire
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
I want to try Atziri in the near future, but Iam not sure if my equip is good enough. Iam using BoR right now, 32k dps reave (with hatred), 4,3k HP.
Is it enough or should I get a 6link chest or a 5 link lightling coil for the boss?

Atziri is more of an HP/ resist check than a DPS check. 32k DPS should be sufficient. Try to get more HP/ incorporate purity auras in your build though.
Also, in case you are playing EV/Dodge version with acrobatics, LC is almost a must have. Otherwise the RoA attack from trio boss will be devastating for you. With good mechanic knowlegde you can certainly do the fight without it, but LC makes it just so much easier.
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
I want to try Atziri in the near future, but Iam not sure if my equip is good enough. Iam using BoR right now, 32k dps reave (with hatred), 4,3k HP.
Is it enough or should I get a 6link chest or a 5 link lightling coil for the boss?

Atziri is more of an HP/ resist check than a DPS check. 32k DPS should be sufficient. Try to get more HP/ incorporate purity auras in your build though.
Also, in case you are playing EV/Dodge version with acrobatics, LC is almost a must have. Otherwise the RoA attack from trio boss will be devastating for you. With good mechanic knowlegde you can certainly do the fight without it, but LC makes it just so much easier.

I play the IR version, because its my first char (easier, less expensive).
Ok, if dps isnt the main issue, I try to get some more HP.

edit: Made some changes in equip and passive tree, over 5k HP now. I will try it in the next few days :)
Last edited by Tommycooker1337 on Jul 31, 2014, 9:14:59 PM
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
ChesterMok wrote:
i kind of already know the answer but +fire damage is a better support than crit multi? my intuition sais that having added fire is better since you're increasing the base damage from wich it will get multiplied but just want to make sure :P

loving this build!

Spoiler

lvl 64 work in progress ^^

Added fire scales poorly in end game, which is why I decided to drop it from my 6L setup. Crit multy however becomes more powerful towards end game and is one of the most essential gems for crit builds. So crit multi >> added fire

Cant afford 6L atm so i got to choose. Running with crit multi atm with the chest shown above and well the damage is great when i crit but while i dont its very poor... isnt added fire going to balance that out aswell? < just a wild thought

Trying to chrome this chest i got for cheap. so GGRRR or GGRRB?
I've played this build across the last couple leagues quite a few times. I'll always go play something else thinking it'll be better, then I end up coming back to this build. Really, it's an amazing build.

That said, the last time I played it (In this current 1MSC race, though I'm inactive) I decided to try it with an Aegis Aurora, seeing as being invincible is pretty cool. I looked around to see if there was anything about using an Aegis + Bino's + Reave, and actually wound up with one of your posts on Reddit.. Which seemed entirely fitting.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgV9BbUF-QguDkgRlhXwFr8ZihmOGo8a2xutG_oj9iQ8Jd8nqSmlLYMvbzIBOlg94kjuSVFKfU4qU99W6lb1VvpY21ptW69h4mNDZ6Bqk25pcFJwVnC7eK59dX3jf8aE2YcZh3aH24hCkBuXBpfQmhObJpuDm42do6OKpBmmf6dcrK-v67IZtMW2QbfTuT6-p8APwFHBxc3qz3rSTdN-1QDV7dfL2RPbbtvU3Q3e9uOE51TndOjW6xTtQe2D7g7z6vba-WP7Cfyr_MX-ug==

That's what I wound up with, as a level 87 Ranger. The main issue was that I didn't have enough points to spec into life. Now, I probably could have sacrificed the Aura nodes, and had one less lightning resistance with my coil (And less mana, and a weaker grace) but hindsight is always 20/20. Anyways, it came down to having around 3K health (I had sold off some pieces, I think I had no life on my Amulet and.. Boots?) which meant getting stunlocked 24/7. But, I'm thinking that with this upcoming expansion, and the comment Chris made about more HP per level.. Aegis reave could become pretty good.

Something to think about, and definitely needs to have a second look when the redone tree is revealed. Who knows what Ranger will have access to at that point.

Acrobatics+Phase Acrobatics+Lightning Coil+Perandus+Bino's+Rumi's though.. God damn.

E; For gear I used: Bino's, BoR, Aegis Aurora, Rainbowstrides

And never really got around to a solid pair of gloves or an amulet. So it was nowhere near complete, but still played remotely well. Definitely needed some life leech though, for those phys reflect maps. (Literally had 0)
Last edited by Ismaell on Aug 1, 2014, 3:16:14 AM
"
ChesterMok wrote:

Cant afford 6L atm so i got to choose. Running with crit multi atm with the chest shown above and well the damage is great when i crit but while i dont its very poor... isnt added fire going to balance that out aswell? < just a wild thought

Trying to chrome this chest i got for cheap. so GGRRR or GGRRB?

Well, as I said crit multi scales better into late game, while added fire is better in the early to midgame. Since you are using Maligaros I think going with crit multi will improve your overall dps significantly more than added fire. Its also purely physical, which is another advantage. Crit builds are always about the damage on crit, so trying to build in a way that gives you more dps "off crit" seems counterintuitive.
I cant agree more with his benchmarks - I just recently purchased a bino's and Abysuss, I now have 981 crit-multi. (96k tool tip with just hatred and no charges) and I cant even wirling blades through phys reflect without killing myself :P
Well, as I said crit multi scales better into late game, while added fire is better in the early to midgame. Since you are using Maligaros I think going with crit multi will improve your overall dps significantly more than added fire. Its also purely physical, which is another advantage. Crit builds are always about the damage on crit, so trying to build in a way that gives you more dps "off crit" seems counterintuitive.[/quote]

ok, ill take your advice!
finnaly got the 3 off colors! tried BOR meanwhile and it was pretty sick. you can actually get max block with it but mana became a bit of an issue on 1v1 combat. Saving up for bino's knife and maybe lightning coil if i get enough light res.

thx for the advice!
Hi Oos!

Going to respec my lvl 88 duelist to your build after next patch! Been doing
bor, aegis, sword reave and it kicks a lot of ass, but now after 300+ hours,
20k dps just doesn`t cut it any more haha!!

Here`s the gear I have collected so far for the switch to crit reave.
you think this will work?

Going to buy a decent 6-link chest as soon as I sell the Coe I found :)

PS. will you do an update to your tree after next patch? and if so make a new one for
duelists as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info