[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
Leesaurk wrote:
Hello.
Thanks Oos' for that build - its giving me a lot of fun and i am able to do 76 maps with my mate (75 maps solo).
Do you have any piece of advice what should be upgraded in my eq?
Cant use Perandus, because of lack of resistances (somehow, i manage to keep Max res right now)
Got max res (like i mentioned), 4440 HP and 15k dmg with Reave (with no issue with mana leech). I know that damage might be a little to low for 86 LVL, but everything in my gear is selffound [and giving me quite good survivability].
Spoiler

I am aware, that my belt need to be replaced, but good HP/Duo-Tri Res is very expensive.
And 5-link blue chest on my level is kinda crappy. Need to find anything better or drop some currency. Easier said that done ;)

Thanks again for any guidelines!

I'm not sure about your bodget, but here's what I;d do:

Buy a new crit dagger, maybe a Bino's. They're pretty cheap in Ambush right now.
Regal the chest.
You can upgrade your helmet for a few chaos (hp/dual res/accuracy)
Replace the gold ring (phys dmg/hp/res/leech)
New gloves (hp/dual res/phys damage)
Necklace (hp/crit/phys dmg/leech/res)

It looks like you want some IIR, personally in groups I like to go pure DPS, but keep your IIR gear set for solo play. In groups you want to maximise clear speed.
Overall your gear is decent, but now you're in high maps you want to min-max your stats.
High hp/res on all slots.
Then phys damage and leech where you can get it.

---

"
eirstryder wrote:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EfgV9BfkG6QguCSEOSBGWFSAV8Ba_GL0ZjhrbG5cbrR6BIuoj9iQ8JpUnYSepKaUqOCpNK28s6TIBMgk4ljpYPeI_J0juSVFKfUrIS41OKlVLVupW-lpIWm1br2HiY0NnoGxGbXtuqnBScFZybHiufXV_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQG5oTmyabjZ2WnaOjiqZ_pzSnXKlur-uxs7IZskS1SLXytxe308BRwcXC7M3qz3rTftUA18vaPdvU3Q3e9uOE51TndOjW7UHtg-4O7_Dy4fPq-WP8q_zF_rr_HA==

Decent Vaal Pact build?

If you're dead set on Vaal Pact then that build looks fine. But I'd mostly advise you look at other forms of mitigation. If you do the evasion+acrobatics tree you will hit yourself a lot less (70%+ block, 40% dodge, 30%+ evade), then using Immortal Call (self cast or CwDT) you'll mitigate all the physical damage. That setup will save yourself from reflect.
The IR tree is good up until like 80 when your gear isn't amazing, but after that IR hurts because you hit yourself every time, then getting Vaal Pact is a lot of points. That's why I'd recommend the setup above for mitigating your reflect.

Block+Evade+Dodge is also a lot more tanky than IR. Evasion is entropy based, but a blocked attack counts as a hit, so the evasion entropy resets and you're much more likely to evade the next hit.

Up to you though, that build is fine if you really want to go IR+VP.

---

Ah you posted that just as I made my reply:
"
Lekso wrote:
Hey Oos,

This build has become my primary character in Ambush. I have around 15ex to spend and I was wondering if I could get your advice on where I should focus on upgrading/improving my build.

I'm considering a Bino's Kitchen Knife, but I'd like to hear your opinion before I invest the majority of my currency. Here's my passives, gear, and offence/defence pages.

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4FtQX5DkgRlhXwFr8YvRrbG60eGh6BIuoj9iQ8JpUnqSgqK28wVDIBOJY6WD3iSO5JUUp9S41VS1b1VvpaSFptYeJirGegbXtwUnBWeK59dX3jf8aHGYd2h9uIQow2kBuX0JlXmhObJp2WnaOdqqOKpn-nNKdcsbOyGbJEtMW1SLcXt9O5PsBRwcXC7M3qz3rTftad18vaPdtu29Te9uOE53To1usU7UHuDu_w8-r5Y_yr_MX-uv8c_5M=

Gear

My Double Strike:

Offensive Page:

Defensive Page:

Thanks again for your build guide and any advice you might have!!

-Lekso

Tree looks fine, go into Acro+Phase Acro, that will provide you with great mitigation, then get From The Shadows and fill in the rest of the tree.
EDIT: the tree you linked doesn't have Acro but your sheet stats seem to have dodge/spell dodge so I guess you have it.

As for gear, it's pretty much really nice.
Bino's is really cheap right now on Ambush, so I'd buy one of those if you can, preferably top crit and high pdps because they're hard to Divine.
Having a crit roll on dagger will boost your damage by a lot. Then you should probably swap Added Fire for Crit Damage gem in your BoR, (unless you're worried about reflect). Immortal Call is an option though.

I noticed you're not running Hatred? Your boosted Tempest Shield is nice but it's hard to turn down so much free damage that Hatred provides.

Apart from dagger, your ring doesn't have HP, but you relying on it for res so maybe risk an exalt or look what else is on the market.
Your Amulet is nice but also lacks hp. It's a shame rings/ammys so risky to exalt, so many mods it can roll.

Pretty much your gear and spec looks fine, with Hatred+new dagger you'll be crushing everything.
Later you could corrupt a load of Crest of Perandus and try get a good roll, they pretty cheap.

Let me know how it goes.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Apr 28, 2014, 10:05:28 PM
"
Oosband wrote:
Spoiler
"
Leesaurk wrote:
Hello.
Thanks Oos' for that build - its giving me a lot of fun and i am able to do 76 maps with my mate (75 maps solo).
Do you have any piece of advice what should be upgraded in my eq?
Cant use Perandus, because of lack of resistances (somehow, i manage to keep Max res right now)
Got max res (like i mentioned), 4440 HP and 15k dmg with Reave (with no issue with mana leech). I know that damage might be a little to low for 86 LVL, but everything in my gear is selffound [and giving me quite good survivability].
Spoiler

I am aware, that my belt need to be replaced, but good HP/Duo-Tri Res is very expensive.
And 5-link blue chest on my level is kinda crappy. Need to find anything better or drop some currency. Easier said that done ;)

Thanks again for any guidelines!

I'm not sure about your bodget, but here's what I;d do:

Buy a new crit dagger, maybe a Bino's. They're pretty cheap in Ambush right now.
Regal the chest.
You can upgrade your helmet for a few chaos (hp/dual res/accuracy)
Replace the gold ring (phys dmg/hp/res/leech)
New gloves (hp/dual res/phys damage)
Necklace (hp/crit/phys dmg/leech/res)

It looks like you want some IIR, personally in groups I like to go pure DPS, but keep your IIR gear set for solo play. In groups you want to maximise clear speed.
Overall your gear is decent, but now you're in high maps you want to min-max your stats.
High hp/res on all slots.
Then phys damage and leech where you can get it.

"
eirstryder wrote:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EfgV9BfkG6QguCSEOSBGWFSAV8Ba_GL0ZjhrbG5cbrR6BIuoj9iQ8JpUnYSepKaUqOCpNK28s6TIBMgk4ljpYPeI_J0juSVFKfUrIS41OKlVLVupW-lpIWm1br2HiY0NnoGxGbXtuqnBScFZybHiufXV_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQG5oTmyabjZ2WnaOjiqZ_pzSnXKlur-uxs7IZskS1SLXytxe308BRwcXC7M3qz3rTftUA18vaPdvU3Q3e9uOE51TndOjW7UHtg-4O7_Dy4fPq-WP8q_zF_rr_HA==

Decent Vaal Pact build?

If you're dead set on Vaal Pact then that build looks fine. But I'd mostly advise you look at other forms of mitigation. If you do the evasion+acrobatics tree you will hit yourself a lot less (70%+ block, 40% dodge, 30%+ evade), then using Immortal Call (self cast or CwDT) you'll mitigate all the physical damage. That setup will save yourself from reflect.
The IR tree is good up until like 80 when your gear isn't amazing, but after that IR hurts because you hit yourself every time, then getting Vaal Pact is a lot of points. That's why I'd recommend the setup above for mitigating your reflect.

Block+Evade+Dodge is also a lot more tanky than IR. Evasion is entropy based, but a blocked attack counts as a hit, so the evasion entropy resets and you're much more likely to evade the next hit.

Up to you though, that build is fine if you really want to go IR+VP.

I think i'll go dodge+evade+block then

How would you recommend generating power charges? Or are they not that necessary because there's already plenty of crit from the tree?
Last edited by eirstryder on Apr 28, 2014, 10:04:18 PM
"
eirstryder wrote:
How would you recommend generating power charges? Or are they not that necessary because there's already plenty of crit from the tree?

I have it linked to Tempest Shield, it procs a lot vs fast attacking monsters, but they're not always up, it's more of a passive buff. Some people chose to have PCoC linked with Reave/Double Strike, so maybe play around with that. I've found having a second attack to generate charges will just slow you down, so either have it on a passive ability like Tempest Shield (or CwDT Ice Spear), or use it in your main attack.

If you chose to have it on reave then pick up the extra charge in Shadow tree and get it from Merciless bandits.

When you have a high crit dagger and a complete passive tree, the charges aren't completely necessary, but test a few things out and see what works for you.
"

"
Lekso wrote:
Hey Oos,

This build has become my primary character in Ambush. I have around 15ex to spend and I was wondering if I could get your advice on where I should focus on upgrading/improving my build.

I'm considering a Bino's Kitchen Knife, but I'd like to hear your opinion before I invest the majority of my currency. Here's my passives, gear, and offence/defence pages.

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4FtQX5DkgRlhXwFr8YvRrbG60eGh6BIuoj9iQ8JpUnqSgqK28wVDIBOJY6WD3iSO5JUUp9S41VS1b1VvpaSFptYeJirGegbXtwUnBWeK59dX3jf8aHGYd2h9uIQow2kBuX0JlXmhObJp2WnaOdqqOKpn-nNKdcsbOyGbJEtMW1SLcXt9O5PsBRwcXC7M3qz3rTftad18vaPdtu29Te9uOE53To1usU7UHuDu_w8-r5Y_yr_MX-uv8c_5M=

Gear

My Double Strike:

Offensive Page:

Defensive Page:

-Lekso

Tree looks fine, go into Acro+Phase Acro, that will provide you with great mitigation, then get From The Shadows and fill in the rest of the tree.
EDIT: the tree you linked doesn't have Acro but your sheet stats seem to have dodge/spell dodge so I guess you have it.

Bino's is really cheap right now on Ambush, so I'd buy one of those if you can, preferably top crit and high pdps because they're hard to Divine.
Having a crit roll on dagger will boost your damage by a lot. Then you should probably swap Added Fire for Crit Damage gem in your BoR, (unless you're worried about reflect). Immortal Call is an option though.

I noticed you're not running Hatred? Your boosted Tempest Shield is nice but it's hard to turn down so much free damage that Hatred provides.

Apart from dagger, your ring doesn't have HP, but you relying on it for res so maybe risk an exalt or look what else is on the market.
Your Amulet is nice but also lacks hp. It's a shame rings/ammys so risky to exalt, so many mods it can roll.

Pretty much your gear and spec looks fine, with Hatred+new dagger you'll be crushing everything.
Later you could corrupt a load of Crest of Perandus and try get a good roll, they pretty cheap.

Let me know how it goes.

I have purchased a Bino's (10.13% crit chance) for 12ex (cheap compared to prices on xyz). I also swapped Added Fire for Increased Critical Damage, and Tempest Shield for Hatred. My DPS has gone up to 26k, and my survivability is even better due to the Bino's.

Thanks for the advice!

I have a few more questions:

Should I add 20% quality to my Melee Splash gem? What other gems in this build would benefit A LOT from 20% quality?

Why isn't mana leech fully sustaining my Double Strike? How can I fix my mana problems?

Bino's

Also, I am specced into Phase Acrobatics, I just forgot to add them on the tree!

-Lekso
Can also vouch for this amazing build.Reave used to be one of my least favorite skills but now its easily up there with my favorites.
The build also started out as just wanting to try out Reave and pure Evasion/Acrobatics,but has become my main character in Ambush.
Still need to upgrade my gloves,rings,amy and dagger, but its still a blast to play with.

Current

Passive
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4EsQV9BbUF-Q5IEZYV8Ba_GL0a2x4aIuoj9iQ8JP0mlSepKCorbyzhL28wVDBxMgE6QjpYSVFLeExgVUtW6lb1WkhabWHiYqxte3BScFZwu33jfll_xocZh9uIQow2joqQG5Vml9CZV5oTmyadlp2jnaqjiqZ_pzSnXKxmsbOyGbJEtMW1SLk-wFHBxcaizerPetQj1QDYdtkT227b1N2o3vbjhOdU53To1un-7UHuDu_w8-r8q_-T
Last edited by dualestl on Apr 29, 2014, 6:55:50 AM
Lekso
"
Lekso wrote:
"

"
Lekso wrote:
Hey Oos,

Passives

Gear

My Double Strike:

Offensive Page:

Defensive Page:

-Lekso

Let me know how it goes.

I have purchased a Bino's (10.13% crit chance) for 12ex (cheap compared to prices on xyz). I also swapped Added Fire for Increased Critical Damage, and Tempest Shield for Hatred. My DPS has gone up to 26k, and my survivability is even better due to the Bino's.

Thanks for the advice!

I have a few more questions:

Should I add 20% quality to my Melee Splash gem? What other gems in this build would benefit A LOT from 20% quality?

Why isn't mana leech fully sustaining my Double Strike? How can I fix my mana problems?

Bino's

Also, I am specced into Phase Acrobatics, I just forgot to add them on the tree!

-Lekso

20% on Melee Splash is a must, it will greatly increase your clear speed and AOE.
If you're having mana problems it's probably due to Double Strike being slightly higher base mana cost than Reave, and also you need to use Melee Splash (160% multiplier). This brings the mana cost up quite a lot.
Since the leech changes it can be hard to sustain. Either swap to Reave (also frees up a support gem slot, no Splash). Or you can get a larger mana pool; mana leech is capped at 12.5% of your maximum mana per second, a larger mana pool means you can leech at a better rate.

dualestl
"
dualestl wrote:
Can also vouch for this amazing build.Reave used to be one of my least favorite skills but now its easily up there with my favorites.
The build also started out as just wanting to try out Reave and pure Evasion/Acrobatics,but has become my main character in Ambush.
Still need to upgrade my gloves,rings,amy and dagger, but its still a blast to play with.

Current

Passive
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4EsQV9BbUF-Q5IEZYV8Ba_GL0a2x4aIuoj9iQ8JP0mlSepKCorbyzhL28wVDBxMgE6QjpYSVFLeExgVUtW6lb1WkhabWHiYqxte3BScFZwu33jfll_xocZh9uIQow2joqQG5Vml9CZV5oTmyadlp2jnaqjiqZ_pzSnXKxmsbOyGbJEtMW1SLk-wFHBxcaizerPetQj1QDYdtkT227b1N2o3vbjhOdU53To1un-7UHuDu_w8-r8q_-T

Yeah all look good man. You should go grab Heart of the Oak so you get stunned less, then buy a new dagger and amulet and you're set.

89k dps double strike
64k reave
4.5k life (with mings)
^
with no charges , with atziri flask and charges i get like 100k+ reave
dagger is one of best on ambush i think
LMK what yall think

EDIT : also thanks oos love the build

@NictaAMBUSH
PM For any insight i have on this build - always glad to help/talk about the build
Last edited by grantj415 on Apr 29, 2014, 11:33:30 AM
How does one get 75% block chance on this? With the skill tree, Perandus and tempest shield you only achieve 70% block chance.
"
Relytz wrote:
How does one get 75% block chance on this? With the skill tree, Perandus and tempest shield you only achieve 70% block chance.

I've been perfectly fine with 70%.
So after some fiddling I switched over to molten strike instead of reave and holy $#$&*( does it make clearing maps sooo much faster. I found everything on this character so far (chest was a 6S drop on a 77 map) and now I am just accumulating currency to try and 6L my chest...

(Yolo exalt on chest for +335 eva and +92 health)

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info