[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
what is better in ambush? maligaro's or rat's nest?
legacy maligaro's was better, but now i dont know

Probably Rat's Nest now. If you compare the dps+defense stats you can get on the rare version of that slot:

Helmet:
Accuracy
HP
Res
EV/AR

Gloves:
Accuracy
Attack Speed
Phys Damage
HP
Res
EV/AR

So ideally now you'll want gloves with HP/Res/EV/AR/Phys Damage then maybe acc/aps if you can find them. A high physical damage roll on gloves scales really well with the tree so it will boost your damage a lot.
IGN: @Oos
"
Oosband wrote:

So ideally now you'll want gloves with HP/Res/EV/AR/Phys Damage then maybe acc/aps if you can find them. A high physical damage roll on gloves scales really well with the tree so it will boost your damage a lot.

I do not intend this as a promotion of my item. If you feel this post is inappropriate in your thread I will edit it.

free mirror rights for 6xT1 gloves

no mirror fee for people running variants of Oos build

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Apr 24, 2014, 8:00:11 AM
Haven't had much time to play last few days (hockey playoffs > vidya games!) but almost 62 right now with this set up. I am running PoE right now until I can get better gear, might throw in grace when I am capped res wise, or haste.

Spoiler
I didn't think the small block nodes to the right of Shadow and opted for Ondar's Guile instead. Was this good or should I change it around? Because I think I feel that block will solve my problems better.
"
missuse wrote:

no mirror fee for people running variants of Oos build

Oh my. Too good :D

"
ricklington wrote:
Haven't had much time to play last few days (hockey playoffs > vidya games!) but almost 62 right now with this set up. I am running PoE right now until I can get better gear, might throw in grace when I am capped res wise, or haste.

Spoiler

Aw shame that dagger rolled fire damage or it would have crazy potential. How under capped on res are you? I think if you replace your helm with hp/accuracy/res then you should be able to drop PoElements. Then get a 75-80 life Crest of Perandus and you can farm maps no problem.

"
acylus wrote:
I didn't think the small block nodes to the right of Shadow and opted for Ondar's Guile instead. Was this good or should I change it around? Because I think I feel that block will solve my problems better.

Ondar's is a very strong node, but I prefer it on ranged builds (mostly for reflect), a lot of projectiles can be manually evaded with good character control (whirling blades). Saying that, the 2% block nodes are pretty weak so which ever you prefer. If you get Ondar's you have access to the 8/8/12% life nodes too, which are nice.

Up to you.
IGN: @Oos
sick gloves

yeah i stopped at 58% block myself, i figured since i don't have survivability issues why waste points, with almost 6k life, 45% chance to evade(62% with flask) and 58% block there's almost nothing that can kill me so i opted for other nodes like life and more crit chance

ondar's is an ok choice but as i said with a surgeon's mod i can keep my evasion flask up almost all the time and it gives me 62% chance to evade, i don't think you need ondar's at all, i don't have any mirrored gear, my chest is solid 1700 evasion and rat's nest gives me 700, evasion on my boots and gloves is ignorable, i'm pretty sure that even with half decent gear you can achieve at least 50-55% chance to evade with a good flask

IGN JustifiedF
Hi Guys,

Im playin this build (the hardcore version) in the invasion league.

Some guys in this thread spoke about the possibility to use Lightning Coil for this build.

I never used Lightning Coil so my experience with that armour is 0.

but i want to give it a try. But before investing 4exalts for a 5 link version i need to know which items i also need to make this work. Do i need any other Unique Items? If yes, which one?

And how will the build (passiv tree) look like, if i use that lightning coil. I read i have to skip the IR note and get the acrobatic one.

Can someone give me a new modified passiv tree from the "hardcore version"?

Thx for helping here.
Heyho,

im playing this build on invasion league and using the evasion/acrobatics version. Using Lightning Coil Chest as soon I reached LV60.

At the moment my shadow is lv57 with 2700Life and 2.2k DPS unbuffed. Works pretty good so far, and looking forward to get all the dagger nodes on the tree.

My planned Skilltree (108 Points)

Would you change something on the tree? Would you recommend phase acrobatics or go for Adders Touch? Do I need more life?

Im using stone of lahzwar and rainbowstrides for spellblock (total 50%).

Auras are Purity of Lightning, Hatred and Tempest Shield with Blind.

Dagger I will use at LV58.

Bought it for 3C. Well, not really good and looking still for a better one.

Thanks for help!

Cheers
"
Hi Guys,

Im playin this build (the hardcore version) in the invasion league.

Some guys in this thread spoke about the possibility to use Lightning Coil for this build.

I never used Lightning Coil so my experience with that armour is 0.

but i want to give it a try. But before investing 4exalts for a 5 link version i need to know which items i also need to make this work. Do i need any other Unique Items? If yes, which one?

And how will the build (passiv tree) look like, if i use that lightning coil. I read i have to skip the IR note and get the acrobatic one.

Can someone give me a new modified passiv tree from the "hardcore version"?

Thx for helping here.

Hey,

lightning coil is especially good for hardcore leagues. To make it work you need a lot of lightning res on items and probably a high lvl purity of lightning.

you will need 200 lightning res combined on gear/auras to make lightning coil work, which is a lot compared to 135 you need without it.

No other uniques are necessary to make the coil work well.

You can play coil with IR also, but I feel it is much better with evasion because with evasion it grants you another layer of defense, mitigating the dmg that basses acrobatics check, block check and evasion check. If you go IR, you just have block check and then rely on mitigation. Furthermore when mobs strike crits, even if evasion check fails, there is a another evasion/crit check.

Evasion/dodge/block is viable by itself, with coil is probably the best defense this game provides

I use this tree. I play on soft-core but 254% life nodes should be hard core vible
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Apr 25, 2014, 9:01:01 AM
Ty that helped alot. Another short question:

Noone is investing in chaos resist. Isnt it to dangerous to play in a hardcore league with -60 chaos ress?

Should i go for chaos ress?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info