[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

I truly wonder. Why not use PCoC instead of Added Fire? Fire damage isn't as good, and PCoC seems like a natural choice.

I'm using a Bino's, btw.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
i agree, only situation i wouldn't have pcoc on 6th link is if i had a ~10% dagger and i already have 70% crit chance which is achievable with rats nest and good gear
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Apr 14, 2014, 8:59:41 PM
Spoiler
"
Justifi3d wrote:
SO, finally hit lvl 90 :D

78 maps gave me some sweet gear upgrades and my dps rose to 39k with only a 5L still, stuff is looking pretty good

gear

idk what is it with me and gold rings this league :D

found this one too i use it for dom farming

i'm still looking for the ammy upgrade, nothing showed up yet that's worth replacing mine

I saved up 20 pure EX and i'll be buying a 6L soon, just need to find something that fits me, i won't worry to much about ammy for now, dps is already good, i oneshot pretty much everything and can do any map boss if the mods aren't too crazy

Gear looking good! grats on lvl 90.

Spoiler
"
causeofhell wrote:
my gear

Spoiler

I know the dagger is bad so if anyone has one to share, I would make very happy.

atm i am using double strike in the future i change by reave :)

Dayum you use a lot of uniques. Looks good though, after upgrading dagger I'd replace your necklace and maybe try to run Reave/DS off mana, that will free up an extra gem slot for you.

Spoiler
"
CantripN wrote:
I truly wonder. Why not use PCoC instead of Added Fire? Fire damage isn't as good, and PCoC seems like a natural choice.

I'm using a Bino's, btw.

Use PCoC if you wish, it's a very strong option. You have access to the Shadow Power Charge and can get one from bandits, so that's a nice crit boost. I personally prefer Added Fire because it's a nice damage base for when I don't crit, and the burn proc is a little extra damage for when I do crit. PCoC is probably more dps overall though.

IGN: @Oos
Hey Oos

Great build. Been wanting to level one for a bit, decided to give it a go in Ambush.
Still building a map pool atm, but I'm very happy with how the character is overall.
Just a quick question, have you been able to do atziri with your build?

From what I can gather, it's a very tough fight with elemental resists. I only have base 75 all resists. Will flasks be able to cover it?

"
LiQuidEd wrote:
Hey Oos

Great build. Been wanting to level one for a bit, decided to give it a go in Ambush.
Still building a map pool atm, but I'm very happy with how the character is overall.
Just a quick question, have you been able to do atziri with your build?

From what I can gather, it's a very tough fight with elemental resists. I only have base 75 all resists. Will flasks be able to cover it?

Hey there, glad you enjoy the build! It gets much better at 80+

I haven't been playing PoE that much recently, couple hours a week maybe. So I haven't fought Atziri yet.
I think it's possible with this build but it would be hard to get to a point where you can farm her consistently.

I'd wear those two items, maybe even:

Then use Purity of Fire instead of Tempest Shield. It will be a hard fight still, you'll need to use Whirling Blades a lot. But I think it's manageable.
You cant do the fight with just ele flasks, you'll need a shield+aura to boost your max res.

I'll probably try and kill her soon.
Hey oos. I just recently got a 5 link and running it isnt too good. i constantly stop attacking because i cant leech much. im running my 5L with IIR atm until i find something to do. idk if i should take Primal spirit or maybe look for a better ring. I need both my rings as one gives accuracy and int, while the other gives resistances. so finding a ring wont be easy. What do you advise i do?
Heres my gear
Spoiler

and tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBX0FtQX5CC4OSBGWFfAWvxi9GY4a2xutIuoj9iQ8JP0mlSdhJ6krbzBxMgE4ljpCOlg94kjuSVFKfUt4TGBVS1bqVvVW-lpIWm1h4mKsZ6Bte3BScFZ3_XiufXV943_GhxmHdofbiEKMNpAblWaX0JoTmyabjZ2WnaqjiqZ_pzSnXK_rsbOyGbJEtMW1SLcXt9O5PsBRwcXGos3qz3rTftQj1QDWndfL2j3bbtvU3aje9uOE51TndOjW7UHtg-4O7_Dz6vzF_ro=
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
Oosband wrote:

I haven't been playing PoE that much recently, couple hours a week maybe. So I haven't fought Atziri yet.
I think it's possible with this build but it would be hard to get to a point where you can farm her consistently.

Then use Purity of Fire instead of Tempest Shield. It will be a hard fight still, you'll need to use Whirling Blades a lot. But I think it's manageable.
You cant do the fight with just ele flasks, you'll need a shield+aura to boost your max res.

Farming atziri with this build is a piece of cake.

for the fight I take

purity of fire + purity of lightning lvl 20 instead of hatred and tempest

on ambush I would also wear

due to saffel being 80% instead of 120% spl block

I bring 2 ruby, one topaz flask

with 4,5-5k hp, ele auras on and using flasks, you do not need to run away from anything apart the double flameblast. Preferably you save some flask charges for the 4 clone stage. Just postion your self so you don't hit the one holding a mirror by mistake and you will be good. 30-40k dps is more than enough with reave for atziri.

Bigger problem are the trio bosses. They need to be fought in the right order (cyclone, Roa, double),longer confrontation should be avoided. They need to be killed in corners. Lots of Endu cry + IC usage. I use EC manually and have IC+Inc Dur on CwdT.

I respeced to IR for them, since it was very hard with Acro cluster, but after a few 10s of runs, when I learned various aspects of the fight (invisible RoA rain...) I respeced back. Can still die there sometimes....
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Apr 16, 2014, 1:49:08 AM
"
Hey oos. I just recently got a 5 link and running it isnt too good. i constantly stop attacking because i cant leech much. im running my 5L with IIR atm until i find something to do. idk if i should take Primal spirit or maybe look for a better ring. I need both my rings as one gives accuracy and int, while the other gives resistances. so finding a ring wont be easy. What do you advise i do?
Heres my gear
Spoiler

and tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBX0FtQX5CC4OSBGWFfAWvxi9GY4a2xutIuoj9iQ8JP0mlSdhJ6krbzBxMgE4ljpCOlg94kjuSVFKfUt4TGBVS1bqVvVW-lpIWm1h4mKsZ6Bte3BScFZ3_XiufXV943_GhxmHdofbiEKMNpAblWaX0JoTmyabjZ2WnaqjiqZ_pzSnXK_rsbOyGbJEtMW1SLcXt9O5PsBRwcXGos3qz3rTftQj1QDWndfL2j3bbtvU3aje9uOE51TndOjW7UHtg-4O7_Dz6vzF_ro=

Ah that sucks. Well, you can do two things:
Get a larger mana pool; the mana leech cap is 12.5% of your mana per second, so a larger pool = larger leech.
Or, if you really need to use those rings, then get mana leech on some gloves. You should probably get some armour base gloves and get a Cast when Damage Taken setup in there, it's very strong for survivability.

"
missuse wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:

Farming atziri with this build is a piece of cake.

for the fight I take

purity of fire + purity of lightning lvl 20 instead of hatred and tempest

on ambush I would also wear

due to saffel being 80% instead of 120% spl block

I bring 2 ruby, one topaz flask

with 4,5-5k hp, ele auras on and using flasks, you do not need to run away from anything apart the double flameblast. Preferably you save some flask charges for the 4 clone stage. Just postion your self so you don't hit the one holding a mirror by mistake and you will be good. 30-40k dps is more than enough with reave for atziri.

Bigger problem are the trio bosses. They need to be fought in the right order (cyclone, Roa, double),longer confrontation should be avoided. They need to be killed in corners. Lots of Endu cry + IC usage. I use EC manually and have IC+Inc Dur on CwdT.

I respeced to IR for them, since it was very hard with Acro cluster, but after a few 10s of runs, when I learned various aspects of the fight (invisible RoA rain...) I respeced back. Can still die there sometimes....

Wow awesome, thanks for the info, very helpful. I'll probably try it out then when I come back to playing properly :D
Maybe it's better to do it in a small party? 2-3 people, then you can take aggro from the 3 bosses and be safer overall.
Hey Oos,

Took your advice and here are some of the changes I've made since I last posted:

1. Changed auras to Hatred and Grace
2. Got a DPS amulet (no life though)
3. Changed Reave support gems to: Melee Phys, Multistrike, Faster A, Increased Crit Dmg
4. Upgraded my dagger to 270 DPS+ (only 40% crit chance though)

Currently, I've reached 17k Reave and 18k Double Strike DPS.

Haven't spent on good rings yet, but I want to further upgrade my dagger and was wondering if you could tell if Bino's is a better dagger than the one I have now. Here's my gear...

Gear

I've got about 8ex saved up and really want to buy an end game dagger. Would you recommend Bino's? Or should I save up more and wait for a 60-90% one to pop up on XYZ?

I'm asking because I'm not sure if it's actually better. The DPS is lower, but the crit chance is amazing (9-10%).

Thanks again for all the advice!

And I suppose next steps after dagger:
1. Get better rings
2. Get a 6L
IGN: Gennard
League: League SC
Timezone: GMT +8
Hi, really enjoying this build so far. I've just started doing lower level 70s maps and am starting to have some trouble, my dps isn't quite high enough to clear mobs fast enough and I'm starting to take a decent amount of damage, even died a few times on mods that weren't all that hard. I can do 66-70 maps and hardly even get hit at all.

This is the gear I'm using right now:

Spoiler

I also have these for certain map mods/bosses:
Spoiler

I'm at 13k dps and 4.5k life currently.

Here's my defensive stats:
http://imgur.com/K4Sl3KB

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBX0FtQX5CC4OSBGWFfAWvxi9GY4a2xutHoEi6iP2JDwk_SaVJ6krbzBxMgE6QjpYPeJI7kp9S3hLjUxgVUtW6lb1VvpaSFptYeJnoG17cFJwVniufXV943_GhxmHdofbiEKMNpAblWaX0JoTmyabjZ2WnaOjiqZ_pzSv67GzshmyRLTFtUi307k-wFHBxcLsxqLN6s96037UI9UA18vaPdtu29TdqN7244TnVOd06NbtQe2D7g7v8PPq_Kv8xf66_xw=

Where would you recommend looking for upgrades first?
Last edited by zoinkjr on Apr 16, 2014, 5:16:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info