[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

i just ran some theorycrafting before i want to try this build and i don understand some things:

i intend to reach about level 80, so my tree would look like this:

But i only get
330% crit chance from tree
and
30% multiplier from tree

i thought of my gear with the current market price, (inlcuding rat'S nest)
i will only get an other 115% crit chance from gear: 25%*2ring=50% + 65%(rats)
and the only gear i could get multiplier from is an amulet with maximum 30%

TOTAL:
60 crit mulplier (+50% from a normal cit) = 110%
445% crit chance

assuming i can afford a 7.5%crit dagger i would end up with only : 37.4% chance to crit
So HOW THE HELL do you get 70% crit chance (from dps screenshot) and 700% multiplier?!??!

How much life leech do we need? in total?

I can only afford rat's OR Maligor, i thought rat nest was better to get? do you agree?

since i only plan to reach level 80? = 98 points
do you recommend any change to my skill tree?

What is your thought of using Powercharge on critical gem or Inc Critical strike chance gem? instead of a X gem? as support? i would gain like 7% crit chance going from 33% to 40%

SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 27, 2014, 8:01:32 PM
maligaro's is probably better than Rat's nest dps wise, since it's very useful to also get life + accuracy on helm and Maligaro's gives crit multi

Rat's nest is an awesome item but you can really only run Rats+Maligaros if you have gg gear in other slots with top life rolls

you also didn't take adder's touch which is probably the bet crit dagger node for lategame, if you plan on getting to 85 i'd take it for sure

the way he gets crit multi that high is from quality Inc. crit dmg gem and crit chance from probably 10% dagger(didn't check his gear)

i just wanna say that i got to lvl 37 in a heartbeat with this build so far and it's much better than my previous reave experience, mana leech+clarity make a world of difference, i figure i'll already be mapping this weekend
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 27, 2014, 8:36:49 PM
Spoiler
"
Hey, Oos thanks for the reply.
So here is what I got for the currency I had and am dng around 12k dpk with hatred and am able to clear lvl 70 maps easily.

I am lvl 74 right now on ambush.
All res caped.
Got 4k life.

This is the gear I am running.
Gear

And I am loving this char, I have only died 20 time that too thanks to the strongboxex and my stupidity bcoz i used to use vaal cyclone for fun :D
Apart for that i still got arond 10 dps nodes to take and this build is already GG.
So Ty for such an awesome build.

EDIT- oh I am using increased critical damage instead of added fire is that okay?

Yeah everything looks good, just look out for a good crit dagger and you're set.
And yeah, inc crit dmg is fine as your 5th link, better dps than added fire.

Spoiler
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
i just ran some theorycrafting before i want to try this build and i don understand some things:

i intend to reach about level 80, so my tree would look like this:

But i only get
330% crit chance from tree
and
30% multiplier from tree

i thought of my gear with the current market price, (inlcuding rat'S nest)
i will only get an other 115% crit chance from gear: 25%*2ring=50% + 65%(rats)
and the only gear i could get multiplier from is an amulet with maximum 30%

TOTAL:
60 crit mulplier (+50% from a normal cit) = 110%
445% crit chance

assuming i can afford a 7.5%crit dagger i would end up with only : 37.4% chance to crit
So HOW THE HELL do you get 70% crit chance (from dps screenshot) and 700% multiplier?!??!

How much life leech do we need? in total?

I can only afford rat's OR Maligor, i thought rat nest was better to get? do you agree?

since i only plan to reach level 80? = 98 points
do you recommend any change to my skill tree?

What is your thought of using Powercharge on critical gem or Inc Critical strike chance gem? instead of a X gem? as support? i would gain like 7% crit chance going from 33% to 40%

A 7.5% base dagger is relatively low, I'd aim for a 9% dagger if possible, makes a huge difference. I'd rather have a 200dps 9%crit dagger than a 250dps 7.5%crit dagger.
That's how my crit chance is so high. I also generate 3 power charges via Tempest Shield.

Aim for 6% life leech, possibly up to 8% if your phys damage isn't great at the start.

Rats Nest is probably the better choice now that Maligaros has been nerfed. You can get some really nice phys/attack speed/hp gloves too. So yeah, go for Rats Nest.

In your tree I'd drop Fencing and grab the two crit nodes next to Pressure Points, like so:

It's a shame you want to stop at level 80, the build really shines at 85+ when you have Adder's Touch etc. Maybe you will change your mind when you hit 80 :D

I personally wouldn't change any of the gems in the 6L. Crit chance gem can be good, but is also a wasted slot if you have high crit chance already, I like to have some good base damage too for non crits (added fire/melee phys help with this).
Power Charge on Crit is a nice gem but it;s better if you spec into 5+ power charges, if you want to go this route then fine (+1 from tree, +1 from merci bandits). I prefer using it as a support linked to Tempest Shield to passively give a nice bonus. Focusing on pure dps gems in the 5/6L has been the most successful in my experience.
IGN: @Oos

what about LGoH? its enought to survive heal !? what about single target? (healing is enought)
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 27, 2014, 10:03:34 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

what about LGoH? its enought to survive heal !? what about single target? (healing and damage vs single target?)

You can use LGoH if you want, but you drop a damage support gem for it. Maybe it's better to use LGoH up until 65-70, after that you'll have good phys damage to leech from.

I use Reave as single target, and my 6-8% leech recommendation is for single target fights. For AOE you only need 4% really (because it will leech the highest damage roll you hit with). I still use Reave for single target.

Are you playing HC or SC? In HC it maybe worth dropping Added Fire for LGoH permanently.
Last edited by Oos on Mar 27, 2014, 10:07:06 PM
im ambush league so ill go only leech,

two
1-last thing before i start the build, did you try an ES version of it?
replacing some gems for blue gems like :
Added fire Gem by power charge on crit?(Blue)
and
faster attack speed by increased critial strike chance (blue)
depending on the color i can get from a EV/ES armor?
using an ES shield instead of perandus?

and going something like this: (could anyone told me if this is could be better?)(since i know you can get ES higher WAY easier and we also spend a lot less point for getting a good amount of ES
(i did drop a lot of Atk speed)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAtDbVXSu0359dXiu_rpI7hutPeK309fLGtv5Y0xgFfAEsQX5lWajipsm6NYi6s3qnZYFtStvtMXUIxi9wuyX0CsK3aiyRPLhRwYegVb1wQDGomNDX2pLjbk-2xowceOE_xzbbhB7S3gOSMBRiGt94_VLOkIRlqc08-q29746naNW6n_GcFKZmhEv_KsFfaKjwcXrY8HzLL_sGIhCT79tGYauw22QGx3ZQ1Q74RXXcFa71uL314aaExFQpytWY9vUi3o=

____

2-
i saw you have enfeeble on CoDT and you also have a critical weakness curse on you shield, why 2 curses? i thought ennemie could only have 1 curse at a time ?!

EDIT:
and if oyu take in consideration what Justifi3d said about amligaro instead of rat'S nest, you still recommedn rat's nest?
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 27, 2014, 10:33:33 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
im ambush league so ill go only leech,

two
1-last thing before i start the build, did you try an ES version of it?
replacing some gems for blue gems like :
Added fire Gem by power charge on crit?(Blue)
and
faster attack speed by increased critial strike chance (blue)
depending on the color i can get from a EV/ES armor?
using an ES shield instead of perandus?

and going something like this: (could anyone told me if this is could be better?)(since i know you can get ES higher WAY easier and we also spend a lot less point for getting a good amount of ES
(i did drop a lot of Atk speed)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAtDbVXSu0359dXiu_rpI7hutPeK309fLGtv5Y0xgFfAEsQX5lWajipsm6NYi6s3qnZYFtStvtMXUIxi9wuyX0CsK3aiyRPLhRwYegVb1wQDGomNDX2pLjbk-2xowceOE_xzbbhB7S3gOSMBRiGt94_VLOkIRlqc08-q29746naNW6n_GcFKZmhEv_KsFfaKjwcXrY8HzLL_sGIhCT79tGYauw22QGx3ZQ1Q74RXXcFa71uL314aaExFQpytWY9vUi3o=

____

2-
i saw you have enfeeble on CoDT and you also have a critical weakness curse on you shield, why 2 curses? i thought ennemie could only have 1 curse at a time ?!

EDIT:
and if oyu take in consideration what Justifi3d said about amligaro instead of rat'S nest, you still recommedn rat's nest?

I don't really play ES builds, but dagger crit CI is strong, you save some points from ES and can spend them on dps.
Your build looks fine but you don't need Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery (near CI).
I'd do like this:

I prefer life based but do what you want.

I already answered about the other gems:
"
Oosband wrote:
I personally wouldn't change any of the gems in the 6L. Crit chance gem can be good, but is also a wasted slot if you have high crit chance already, I like to have some good base damage too for non crits (added fire/melee phys help with this).
Power Charge on Crit is a nice gem but it;s better if you spec into 5+ power charges, if you want to go this route then fine (+1 from tree, +1 from merci bandits). I prefer using it as a support linked to Tempest Shield to passively give a nice bonus. Focusing on pure dps gems in the 5/6L has been the most successful in my experience.

Use PCoC or Crit Chance instead of Added Fire if you want.

I have Enfeeble on CwDT to keep myself safe, and Crit Weakness on self cast for bosses or high hp targets, I rarely curse though. Mostly just have Enfeeble on monsters.

Rats nest vs Maligarois:
"
Oosband wrote:
Rats Nest is probably the better choice now that Maligaros has been nerfed. You can get some really nice phys/attack speed/hp gloves too. So yeah, go for Rats Nest.

Justifi3d is completely right but you can get more dps from rare gloves than a rare helm. Helmet can get higher armour/evasion, but only Accuracy can help your dps.
Gloves have less armour/evasion but can roll Accuracy/Phys dmg/Attack speed/Leech. It depends what rare items are on the market but Rats nest + a good pair of rare gloves will be better.

Example:

Last edited by Oos on Mar 28, 2014, 12:28:21 AM
I just got a 5L and have started to run into mana problems. In addition to the 2% from the mana drinker node I've added 4% mana leech from gear but I still run out of mana at times, especially if I'm doing any single target battles like with a boss. I'm considering taking Eldritch Battery since it's two nodes away because I'm wearing a Carcass Jack, what do you guys think? I'm currently level 79 with ~450 mana and 11k dps without hatred.
@henroy

i had same problem. solved it with lvl5 clarity on blood magic/reduced mana.

@oos

what do you think about rainbowstride conjurer boots in connection with that build? (additional spell block)

btw, thanks for the build!
"
henroy wrote:
I just got a 5L and have started to run into mana problems. In addition to the 2% from the mana drinker node I've added 4% mana leech from gear but I still run out of mana at times, especially if I'm doing any single target battles like with a boss. I'm considering taking Eldritch Battery since it's two nodes away because I'm wearing a Carcass Jack, what do you guys think? I'm currently level 79 with ~450 mana and 11k dps without hatred.

Interesting. What speed is your dagger? Seems like you may be attacking way too fast. Link your gear if possible?
Maybe drop Faster Attacks in your 5L?
I don't think you should need EB, but get it if you wish, then possibly run a low level clarity.

"
OleOlof wrote:
@henroy

i had same problem. solved it with lvl5 clarity on blood magic/reduced mana.

@oos

what do you think about rainbowstride conjurer boots in connection with that build? (additional spell block)

btw, thanks for the build!

Rainbowstride are strong boots, but I really hate having items without HP on them. I usually keep a Stone of Lahzwar in my inventory, and a Saffell's Frame on weapon swap, only equipping them for hard map bosses like Megaera. With Phase Acrobatics you don't really need to worry about spells from regular mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info