PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Im playin this build in Ambush and having a blast. Everythings going well, although i do have a question. With the nerf to mana leech, should i be stacking it even more, or is the leech from the tree good enough? Also, for leveling, how should i deal with mana problems?
"
tgillespie wrote:
Im playin this build in Ambush and having a blast. Everythings going well, although i do have a question. With the nerf to mana leech, should i be stacking it even more, or is the leech from the tree good enough? Also, for leveling, how should i deal with mana problems?

I also played with this build for Ambush. For leveling purposes, I kept Clarity + Reduced Mana. Even when I picked up the 2% Mana Leech node, I was still using Clarity because my DPS wasn't high enough to leech back, but that might have been because I was using Double Strike + Melee Splash and Double Strike eats up mana. Once I got Multistrike, I switched to Reave and dropped Clarity. By that time, you should have good enough DPS to leech back the mana for Reave.

Here is my gear and DPS if you're wondering:
Spoiler

As you can see, I don't have anything spectacular. Haven't done any maps yet because I feel my defensive stats aren't where it should be yet, so I've been farming Docks.
Warband: IGN: Benko
Last edited by Yuufe on Mar 19, 2014, 3:15:47 AM
"
tgillespie wrote:

I tested the leech changed on my character, it seems to have not really affected my character (mana wise anyway, still need more life leech). But it does have a lot of physical dps.

For fresh characters I'd recommend getting an extra 2% mana leech on gear to compliment the Mind Drinker node, and before you can get mana leech possibly use a lvl 3 clarity.

The leech changes hurt lots of builds. You can no longer get by with just 3% life leech and 2% mana leech, you pretty much need to double that now until you get crazy gear.

"
Yuufe wrote:
"
tgillespie wrote:

I also played with this build for Ambush. For leveling purposes, I kept Clarity + Reduced Mana. Even when I picked up the 2% Mana Leech node, I was still using Clarity because my DPS wasn't high enough to leech back, but that might have been because I was using Double Strike + Melee Splash and Double Strike eats up mana. Once I got Multistrike, I switched to Reave and dropped Clarity. By that time, you should have good enough DPS to leech back the mana for Reave.

Spoiler

As you can see, I don't have anything spectacular. Haven't done any maps yet because I feel my defensive stats aren't where it should be yet, so I've been farming Docks.

Thanks for your input.
I just want to say you really need more life rolls on gear. It can be hard to get good gear at the start of a league but more life will really help you farm easier.
Nice belt though :)
IGN: @Oos
WTB your 20 ST on HC. Posting here since you dont answering PM.
"
Oosband wrote:
"
tgillespie wrote:

I tested the leech changed on my character, it seems to have not really affected my character (mana wise anyway, still need more life leech). But it does have a lot of physical dps.

For fresh characters I'd recommend getting an extra 2% mana leech on gear to compliment the Mind Drinker node, and before you can get mana leech possibly use a lvl 3 clarity.

The leech changes hurt lots of builds. You can no longer get by with just 3% life leech and 2% mana leech, you pretty much need to double that now until you get crazy gear.

"
Yuufe wrote:
"
tgillespie wrote:

Spoiler

Thanks for your input.
I just want to say you really need more life rolls on gear. It can be hard to get good gear at the start of a league but more life will really help you farm easier.
Nice belt though :)

thank you very much! Ill definitely be using clarity until my DPS is good enough to leech sufficient amounts of mana.
Hey Oos, just wanted to respond to something from your guide:
"
If I only had a 5L chest I'd probably use Double Strike with a 20% quality Melee Splash, it feels like it clears faster.

I've tried this and notice that it's probably best to use Reave instead of Double Strike if you only have a 5L because of the change to mana leech.

My links being: Double Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Melee Splash

Double Strike mana cost: 50

Mana Leech: 4%

With all of that, still ran out of mana very very quickly. Just giving you a heads up from my experience. Maybe you want to change that? It's up to you.
Warband: IGN: Benko
"
Yuufe wrote:
Hey Oos, just wanted to respond to something from your guide:
"
If I only had a 5L chest I'd probably use Double Strike with a 20% quality Melee Splash, it feels like it clears faster.

I've tried this and notice that it's probably best to use Reave instead of Double Strike if you only have a 5L because of the change to mana leech.

My links being: Double Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Melee Splash

Double Strike mana cost: 50

Mana Leech: 4%

With all of that, still ran out of mana very very quickly. Just giving you a heads up from my experience. Maybe you want to change that? It's up to you.

Yeah agreed. The leech changes really hurt the build, especially the Double Strikers. You just burn through mana so fast now.

I'll try find some time to edit the guide some time, thanks.
Just want to say thanks for posting this. Playing the duelist version of the build in Invasion and it's pretty awesome. Level 72 at the moment.

I never played much with reave before this ladder but it's a lot of fun.
What do you think about running BoR with this build?
"
Hobbart wrote:
Just want to say thanks for posting this. Playing the duelist version of the build in Invasion and it's pretty awesome. Level 72 at the moment.

I never played much with reave before this ladder but it's a lot of fun.

Glad you doing well as melee in Invasion :D gl

"
reaperpi wrote:
What do you think about running BoR with this build?

"
Oosband wrote:
It's been talked about a lot in the topic, many people use BoR with this build. I prefer a solid 6L because it's more flexible with swapping gems. At 90+ when you have 20/20 gems a 6L is a lot more powerful. But a BoR allows you to drop some block nodes.

Up to you which you pick.

(っ⌒‿⌒)っ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info