[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Hello, Im thinking about ST or this dagger build but in invasion it kinda sucks to be melee. Can i get some feedback on this build please?

------http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wUtBu4ILhDwEuEUIBiRGNsZjho-GlUa2xutIWAj9iSbJd8nLykuMn40NTboOJY6Uj3iPfxAoEd-SO5KfVBHU99USVb6Vw1YY1jbWkhbr18_YEthIWMXZKNlTWegah5uaXK7dO108Xiueu98uH11gIqE2YTvh3aLT4zPkc6XcJuDm42euZ7NoLShbacwqBirxayvr6Kv67cXt9O5zbvjvJ--p8EHxKLEuMzb0iHTftRS1fjXftfL3Q3jn-2D7g7vDu_w8azyL_MG9kj3Tfe-_MX-ug==
"
c0nde wrote:
"
ST is good but you need to build a little different.

Those are some major differences in the linked build. Did you take EB because you need more mana to sustain ST?

When I posted I didn't have the time to expand on my gear/build selection.
I built around Lightning Coil so wanted to get some aura nodes to run Hatred + PoLight. I then used a lvl 10 clarity. At around level 60-80 EB is a good help, it will give you a large mana pool to cast ST. At 80+ I found that EB wasn't completely needed, I could leech enough with ST off 2% mana leech. The larger mana look is nice but I'd probably respec it and go Acrobatics when mana wasn't such an issue.
With leech changes 2% mana leech might not be enough, try and get 4-6% I guess.

"
papicholo wrote:
Hello, Im thinking about ST or this dagger build but in invasion it kinda sucks to be melee. Can i get some feedback on this build please?

------http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wUtBu4ILhDwEuEUIBiRGNsZjho-GlUa2xutIWAj9iSbJd8nLykuMn40NTboOJY6Uj3iPfxAoEd-SO5KfVBHU99USVb6Vw1YY1jbWkhbr18_YEthIWMXZKNlTWegah5uaXK7dO108Xiueu98uH11gIqE2YTvh3aLT4zPkc6XcJuDm42euZ7NoLShbacwqBirxayvr6Kv67cXt9O5zbvjvJ--p8EHxKLEuMzb0iHTftRS1fjXftfL3Q3jn-2D7g7vDu_w8azyL_MG9kj3Tfe-_MX-ug==

This build is completely different to crit dagger, I cant help you much with it. I've listed in the past page my crit dagger ST build. I doesn't have block but makes use of Lightning Coil for insane mitigation.

Your tree looks decent, only thing I'd change is getting IR/US because you got so much armour in the Mara tree.
IGN: @Oos
"
tanfodelmale wrote:
I'm sorry if it's been already discussed, but what do you think about Bringer of Rain? I personally own a Legacy one and I can manage to cap resists with it ( and it wasn't easy ).

Maybe the cost of Double Strike will become too high ( 7L ), though.

I prefer Reave over Double Strike. I feel I get more crits off using Reave. That's just me. BoR seems really good with this build. Even with the nerf to BoR the extra block chance and gain end. charge when blocked attacks is nice. Since this is a Capped block build, it'll make you tankier because of it and the 7L is nice to have.
Warband: IGN: Benko
Last edited by cheezstik on Mar 16, 2014, 8:12:53 AM
"
cheezstik wrote:

(to someone else reading this, we've talked a little in PMs, he says he has similar gear to mine but doesn't understand how his dps isn't higher).

Ah I see now. Well everything looks good, but two things:
You don't have 20/20 gems, and your dagger is slow.

Crit build scale exponentially at late game, every little upgrade makes a big difference.
So, even though your gems are only like 15% worse than mine, they will be considerably weaker because of how they scale with crit damage,

Also your dagger is a 1.2 base speed. Attack speed scales very well with multistrike and reave.

Overall you have very nice gear, if you want to push it to the next level then keep leveling your gems and get a faster dagger (around 1.5 speed is good, not too fast for mana leech).
I'm not sure what your jewelry is like but crit/phys jewelry helps a lot.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Mar 16, 2014, 8:24:40 AM
"
Oosband wrote:
Spoiler
"
cheezstik wrote:

(to someone else reading this, we've talked a little in PMs, he says he has similar gear to mine but doesn't understand how his dps isn't higher).

Ah I see now. Well everything looks good, but two things:
You don't have 20/20 gems, and your dagger is slow.

Crit build scale exponentially at late game, every little upgrade makes a big difference.
So, even though your gems are only like 15% worse than mine, they will be considerably weaker because of how they scale with crit damage,

Also your dagger is a 1.2 base speed. Attack speed scales very well with multistrike and reave.

Overall you have very nice gear, if you want to push it to the next level then keep leveling your gems and get a faster dagger (around 1.5 speed is good, not too fast for mana leech).
I'm not sure what your jewelry is like but crit/phys jewelry helps a lot.

Ah, I see, thanks. Didn't think the gems would make that much difference, as well as attack speed. Right now I'm using pure life and res rings and a stone of lazwahar amulet. Planning to get a thiefs torment so i can worry less about mana.
What i'm interested in, before i fully comit to this build: Is it hard to level with it? like painfully slow, if it's at least mediocre i don't mind, but last time i tried a reaver i remember that it was pretty slow compared to other builds i played, i know i eventually gave up cause it was pretty slow

IGN JustifiedF
did anyone running this build attempt atziri?

how well did u do?

I tried with very good gear and got raped by the 3 guardians (well I killed two but I had a the wrong approach, with the place of kills) so the 3rd killed me 6 times without breaking a sweat.

Respeced a bit, loosing Adder touch circle, and going to dualist area to grab the 10% block nodes, also picked up IR and lost acro cluster. Overall loosing some 1/3 of DPS.

Not sure how well it will be.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Mar 17, 2014, 6:09:25 AM
what do you guys think of bringer of rain for this build? the extra block is nice and is good gear until you get a 6-link chest and good helm.
How well does cyclone work with the crit dagger/shield framework?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info