[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Gona listen to u and stop block madness. Take 8% speed,heart of oak and go up the tree.
Is this a viable Power Charge On Crit Spectral Throw alternative to this build?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359dXiu_rpI7rvjG6094sSit9PXyxrb7g5MYCP2Vvok_QSx7_D8xedUlWZaSGeg1QAV8Id2OlgF-Up9BH6jiocZmyYyAejWshki6s3qz3qdlgW1K2-0xdQjGL3C7JfQ3aiyRPLhHoFW9caiY0NLjbk-MHHjhP8c225LeA5IwFF94zpCEZanNJ2q8-qdo1bqf8ZirHBSFr_8qwV9wcUnqdadh9uIQlptpn9h4pAbJDztQXBWp1yxs5oTSVG1SNvUbXtVS4w2JpWNv1FHMHx_K9aKqriqf419MwwZ1f_e

Level: 100
Hey, im only lvl60 in ambush, but as of now this build feels awesome!

Is it viable to go neither IR nor acro? (I dont like the Dex loss of IR, and I dont like the way acro makes looking for gear harder)

You dont get any accuracy nodes in your tree (almost), at lvl60 i already am down to 88% chance to hit, despite having (low) acc rolls on gear. Should I spec into some accu nodes, what did you do to alleviate this? If I should get acc passives, which you feel are the best?

If you want to know how many people play this build atm, you just need to check out daggers between 180-220dps on poexyz in ambush: There are only unverified ones, and ones with RIDICULOUS b/os (1-2ex for 190 dps LOL)...
why don't you use the meginords belt?
or would you if u got maxed resistances with it?
"
Relytz wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359dXiu_rpI7rvjG6094sSit9PXyxrb7g5MYCP2Vvok_QSx7_D8xedUlWZaSGeg1QAV8Id2OlgF-Up9BH6jiocZmyYyAejWshki6s3qz3qdlgW1K2-0xdQjGL3C7JfQ3aiyRPLhHoFW9caiY0NLjbk-MHHjhP8c225LeA5IwFF94zpCEZanNJ2q8-qdo1bqf8ZirHBSFr_8qwV9wcUnqdadh9uIQlptpn9h4pAbJDztQXBWp1yxs5oTSVG1SNvUbXtVS4w2JpWNv1FHMHx_K9aKqriqf419MwwZ1f_e

I'm doing something very similar in Invasion, for reference I was looking at Fireknight's Shadow Phys Crit ST build -

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/664962
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Inkompetentia wrote:

Is it viable to go neither IR nor acro? (I dont like the Dex loss of IR, and I dont like the way acro makes looking for gear harder)

I got a level 85 ranger with this build, I do not have neither Acrobatics or IronReflexes. So far I have no problems with surviving, I have not gone pass 72 maps, but thats not because of that, Im still working on my map pool (solo playing). So I say its possible, got 70% block and about 4.5k hp and around 400 ES, never having problems surviving, can even run with abyss if I want too. But I would not play like that in HC, but its only standard a death once doesn't matter too much :)
I'm sorry if it's been already discussed, but what do you think about Bringer of Rain? I personally own a Legacy one and I can manage to cap resists with it ( and it wasn't easy ).

Maybe the cost of Double Strike will become too high ( 7L ), though.
Spoiler
"
Relytz wrote:

I cant find it but we talked about it earlier. ST is good but you need to build a little different. I made a ST crit dagger character in Nemesis and got to 91 before dying, here's my gear/spec:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790838

You kinda need to cut the block out, but you can work it in by dropping something else I guess. It;s very strong and a lot of fun.

Spoiler
"
Inkompetentia wrote:
Hey, im only lvl60 in ambush, but as of now this build feels awesome!

You dont get any accuracy nodes in your tree (almost), at lvl60 i already am down to 88% chance to hit, despite having (low) acc rolls on gear. Should I spec into some accu nodes, what did you do to alleviate this? If I should get acc passives, which you feel are the best?

If you want to know how many people play this build atm, you just need to check out daggers between 180-220dps on poexyz in ambush: There are only unverified ones, and ones with RIDICULOUS b/os (1-2ex for 190 dps LOL)...

You can chose to go no IR/Acro but you're missing out on a lot of defense for saving just 4/5 points. Get a Lightning Coil or something if you want to go this route.

As for accuracy, yeah it sucks, but tooltip accuracy isn't accurate. My sheet says I hit just 78% but it goes down as you level up (based on monsters of your lvl). So vs level 74-78 monsters you'll be hitting like 85%-90% with no accuracy nodes.
Get accuracy on gear, and maybe the 20% node as the start of Ranger tree if you wish.

Spoiler
"
squidie wrote:
why don't you use the meginords belt?
or would you if u got maxed resistances with it?

Meginords is a great belt, but lacks resistance, it's similar to BoR in that respect. Use it if you would like. Early game though a good rustic belt will roughly match it in dps, but at 90+ with all the dagger nodes Meginords is stronger.

Spoiler
"
tanfodelmale wrote:
I'm sorry if it's been already discussed, but what do you think about Bringer of Rain? I personally own a Legacy one and I can manage to cap resists with it ( and it wasn't easy ).

Maybe the cost of Double Strike will become too high ( 7L ), though.

Lots of people use BoR with this build, it's great but I prefer a good 6L because it's more flexible with gem swapping, and at 90+ 20/20 gems are stronger than what BoR provides.
IGN: @Oos
I see, thanks for the anwser. So basically, if you don't have a 6L, BoR is a very strong option until you find one.
"
ST is good but you need to build a little different.

Those are some major differences in the linked build. Did you take EB because you need more mana to sustain ST?
Last edited by c0nde on Mar 14, 2014, 5:35:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info