[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Would it be ok if I asked whether this would be a viable alternative to this build?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4FLQX5BqIG7gguDjwQ8BRxFfAWvxfcF-oYsBjbGY4a2xuqG60hYCThJP0otSmlMbAyATQ1Nug4ljpSOnE94j-bQKBEgUd-SO5KfU4qU99WBFb6WNtbr2BLYVJh4mMXZU1noG1KbmlwUnDVdO108Xiueu-BOoTZhO-GYId2h9uI7Zdwmyabg5uNn8ujiqPnpn-sr6-ishm3F7fTvqfAD8BRwQfDhsS4y_XPetJN037UUtUA1fjXftfL3CPdDd725w_nVOd055Ho1uoY7UHtg-4O707z6vjr-WP7RfzF

Sorry if it's out of place of me to ask, but I have little experience in Hardcore (currently Invasion).
But am curious as if it would work seeing as previously OP said US is too far for him to bother, this would put it in the way, however you'd lose natural crit from daggers and probably some crit from the nodes at Shadow, but still... I am wondering if this would work.
Also thinking that since swords (specially rapiers) have a big model, Spectral Throw would be useful in bosses since you can't really melee all of them and expect to live...

Anyways, thanks in advance if anyone replies to this, and sorry if it's a bother.
This my second char. Playing ambush,its going well so far. I can see huge potential just the gear is lacking and mana problems. When crits everythings melts. 44 lvl so far. Following your build and took alternitve path at start. Considering what i have to face as melee think i will take full block before going up the tree. Today i faced some mod that raped me in act 1 cruel soo i had to ask for help. Thx for nice guide.
"
Hlokk wrote:
Would it be ok if I asked whether this would be a viable alternative to this build?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4FLQX5BqIG7gguDjwQ8BRxFfAWvxfcF-oYsBjbGY4a2xuqG60hYCThJP0otSmlMbAyATQ1Nug4ljpSOnE94j-bQKBEgUd-SO5KfU4qU99WBFb6WNtbr2BLYVJh4mMXZU1noG1KbmlwUnDVdO108Xiueu-BOoTZhO-GYId2h9uI7Zdwmyabg5uNn8ujiqPnpn-sr6-ishm3F7fTvqfAD8BRwQfDhsS4y_XPetJN037UUtUA1fjXftfL3CPdDd725w_nVOd055Ho1uoY7UHtg-4O707z6vjr-WP7RfzF

Sorry if it's out of place of me to ask, but I have little experience in Hardcore (currently Invasion).
But am curious as if it would work seeing as previously OP said US is too far for him to bother, this would put it in the way, however you'd lose natural crit from daggers and probably some crit from the nodes at Shadow, but still... I am wondering if this would work.
Also thinking that since swords (specially rapiers) have a big model, Spectral Throw would be useful in bosses since you can't really melee all of them and expect to live...

Anyways, thanks in advance if anyone replies to this, and sorry if it's a bother.

Just a quick look at it i see you would lose 140% Crit and 80% max life

You would gain 112% physical damage but the dps loss would be huge and I don't think it would be worth it just to pick up US.

IGN : Sunegard
"
Hlokk wrote:

Spoiler

Interesting take on the build, I haven't tried a crit sword version.
You have very low life, I wouldn't want to play melee with just 150%.
Unwavering Stance isn't really needed if you get a large health pool and grab Heart of the Oak, so the left side of the tree is inefficient for the build, lots of traveling through sta points so reach key nodes.

If you're really set on swords then id do something like that, but it's not as powerful as going daggers.

"
This my second char. Playing ambush,its going well so far. I can see huge potential just the gear is lacking and mana problems. When crits everythings melts. 44 lvl so far. Following your build and took alternitve path at start. Considering what i have to face as melee think i will take full block before going up the tree. Today i faced some mod that raped me in act 1 cruel soo i had to ask for help. Thx for nice guide.

Ok sounds good, keep leveling, the early levels are a bit clinky like most builds, but you'll really feel over powered at 70+
If you're having mana problems then head up towards the Mind Drinker node in Shadow and you'll be fine after that.
IGN: @Oos
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBfkILhXwGL0ZjhrbG60i6iP2JP0ppStvOJY6WD3iSO5KfUxgTipW-lpIW69noHiuhxmHdpAKlWabJpuNnZajirJEtxe309N-1QDXy9o93Q3e9udU6Nbtg-4O7_D8xQ==

This is my build. What do u think about taking Hart of Oak and rest of 2% block in next levels before going up the tree to Haste and Rapartee?
Last edited by Vulgar_Display_Of_Power on Mar 11, 2014, 10:34:18 AM
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBfkILhXwGL0ZjhrbG60i6iP2JP0ppStvOJY6WD3iSO5KfUxgTipW-lpIW69noHiuhxmHdpAKlWabJpuNnZajirJEtxe309N-1QDXy9o93Q3e9udU6Nbtg-4O7_D8xQ==

This is my build. What do u think about taking Hart of Oak and rest of 2% block in next levels before going up the tree to Haste and Rapartee?

If I were you I'd get Heart of The Oak and the 8% attack speed at start of ranger, skip the block then start filling out the Shadow start. Mind Drinker and Nightstalker will help you a lot. If you feel you need more defense then go for the block, but those are the weakest block nodes in the build.
Last edited by Oos on Mar 11, 2014, 12:59:31 PM
"
Oosband wrote:

Interesting take on the build, I haven't tried a crit sword version.
You have very low life, I wouldn't want to play melee with just 150%.
Unwavering Stance isn't really needed if you get a large health pool and grab Heart of the Oak, so the left side of the tree is inefficient for the build, lots of traveling through sta points so reach key nodes.

If you're really set on swords then id do something like that, but it's not as powerful as going daggers.

Thanks, but yeah, as 2 of you have mentioned just now, I do indeed lack the life... I thought the life and sword nodes would compensate but... I didn't do the math.
Oh well... Thanks for the answer still, this helps a lot.
I took block nodes and with tempest shield i have 55% and it helps a lot. Put a crit support on tempest. I will skip heart of oak and go up the tree now. Wanna take dmg nodes asap.
Hi all,

First thing is that this build and thread are awesome. I wouldn't have had any faith running this without Oos responding and others asking questions. And now I am at a point where I have some questions.

I have been leveling a reaver ranger in ambush. Reading through this thread and making some changes around I have come up with something like this for end game.

level 94... I can dream
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBMgEk_ZcG-wnuDpoT6xSyGZAb_xwJIdQj2RObJocZfysILqc0jDYkPNo9oi7tQYhCUUdaSDpCVUu1SMBRcFLnVHBWOlhJUadcAF5MYCdhDkiVZlptL28wced0fXVLeM96bXswfI19BH6qfx6B7YPjhAV9036mf6OKLYObjRmOGo8ZiiaVEZbWitadS43Gop2j3agnqZ2q_KtirButeK4EsbGzBbWquP66cLsWv8HFf8aNv9fLtMUB0bfT29To1vbaGtth4ofbBunN6q_rwuxI7u_wVuo94t72FfAF-fPqI_Y=

With projected level 80 looking like this
level 80 target

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBMgFW6pcG-wnuDrIZCSHUI9kTmyaHGX8rCC7rFKc0jDYkPNo97UFRR1pIOkJVS7VIwFFwUudUOlhJUadcAF5MYCdhDkiVZlptL28wced0S3jPem17MHyNfQR-qn_tg-OE036mf6OKLYObjRmOGo8ZiiaVEZYFfdaK1p3Gop2j3agnqZ2qYqwbrXiuBLGxswW1qrhwu_yrFr9_xtfLAdG30_baGtvo1mHih9uNvwbpzeqv60ju7_A94t72FfAF-fPqJP0j9g==

It will be a little lower on damage lacking adders touch but I want to be as tanky as possible.

For gear I plan on 6L-ing a well rolled lightning coil, running crest of perandus, stone, and rainbow strides most of the time switching to saffells and a better amulet for caster bosses. The auras are for tempest shield, hatred, and purity of lightning.

So far I have been doing fine with a might flay running reave > multi strike > add accuracy > melee physical > increased crit damage in a 5L. I am level 62 and looking for a new dagger.

Critique and criticism encouraged please.
Spoiler
"
jfiveeight wrote:
Hi all,

First thing is that this build and thread are awesome. I wouldn't have had any faith running this without Oos responding and others asking questions. And now I am at a point where I have some questions.

I have been leveling a reaver ranger in ambush. Reading through this thread and making some changes around I have come up with something like this for end game.

level 94... I can dream
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBMgEk_ZcG-wnuDpoT6xSyGZAb_xwJIdQj2RObJocZfysILqc0jDYkPNo9oi7tQYhCUUdaSDpCVUu1SMBRcFLnVHBWOlhJUadcAF5MYCdhDkiVZlptL28wced0fXVLeM96bXswfI19BH6qfx6B7YPjhAV9036mf6OKLYObjRmOGo8ZiiaVEZbWitadS43Gop2j3agnqZ2q_KtirButeK4EsbGzBbWquP66cLsWv8HFf8aNv9fLtMUB0bfT29To1vbaGtth4ofbBunN6q_rwuxI7u_wVuo94t72FfAF-fPqI_Y=

With projected level 80 looking like this
level 80 target

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBMgFW6pcG-wnuDrIZCSHUI9kTmyaHGX8rCC7rFKc0jDYkPNo97UFRR1pIOkJVS7VIwFFwUudUOlhJUadcAF5MYCdhDkiVZlptL28wced0S3jPem17MHyNfQR-qn_tg-OE036mf6OKLYObjRmOGo8ZiiaVEZYFfdaK1p3Gop2j3agnqZ2qYqwbrXiuBLGxswW1qrhwu_yrFr9_xtfLAdG30_baGtvo1mHih9uNvwbpzeqv60ju7_A94t72FfAF-fPqJP0j9g==

It will be a little lower on damage lacking adders touch but I want to be as tanky as possible.

For gear I plan on 6L-ing a well rolled lightning coil, running crest of perandus, stone, and rainbow strides most of the time switching to saffells and a better amulet for caster bosses. The auras are for tempest shield, hatred, and purity of lightning.

So far I have been doing fine with a might flay running reave > multi strike > add accuracy > melee physical > increased crit damage in a 5L. I am level 62 and looking for a new dagger.

Critique and criticism encouraged please.

Yeah looks solid man. If I was to remake this guy I'd use Lightning Coil, that chest is broken :)

Only thing I'd change is prioritising Nightstalker and Heart of The Oak, I'd say those are two key clusters for this build. Nightstalker for getting great base crit, and Heart of the Oak for not getting stunned, very useful for mapping.

Let me know how it goes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info