[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
inkube wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
Maybe something like this:

Cant really get Acrobatics because it halfs your ES pool for EB, and hard to get block nodes because the build is already pretty point starved and you want to pick up charge nodes. I probably wouldnt get the top witch power charge, it costs 5 points and that can be better spent elsewhere, even weak 15% crit nodes would be better.

So yeah, something like this:

Then at 85+ put points in block or wherever else you want.

Thank you man that is really cool. And I've started playing with a friend and am at level 40 atm. I had another though thou since I need to drop so much block anyway and it was to get some more mana regen and reduced mana reserved, considering there are some really powerful nodes close by, so I could run cloak of defiance or Mind over Matter passive and some more Auras. Was thinking something like this I know I've planned out a bit to many points here but I guess I would have to loose some DPS nodes. How effective do you think that would be?

PS. Maybe I should post this somewhere else than in your thread.

Edit: How important do you see Heart of Oak as? Is it possible to live without it?

Your build looks solid but I'd definitely get Heart of the Oak, getting stunned as melee is annoying.
The only problem I think you might run into is having a low mana pool for MoM, you'll need to use ES gear on every slot and that will make getting correct gem colours hard.

Let me know how it goes.
IGN: @Oos
Alright, had a lot of requests to make a new video, I respecced my guy for mostly PvP (more block/hp) so the dps doesn't match the screenshots on the first page. I would have run a higher map but don't have any due to not playing Domination anymore (if you really want to see me run something higher then feel free to donate ;))

Running a Residence map (74), with Dominius boss at end. I show my PvE DPS at the start, running Crit Chance instead of Crit Damage gem (fuck reflect).
Dom boss fight at 8:20 and gem setup at 9:45.

Level 74 Residence Map Solo Clear (with boss)
i'ven been using this build and i must say that this is such a good build :) both in dps and defense. Thanks for such a good build ^_^
I'll def. starting this tomorrow for the last 3 weeks in Domination.

Looks really really good :)
Hey man, love the build. Running it with a BoR, and although Crest of Perandus is really effective for the cost, I'm thinking of swapping it out for a pure EV sheild with life + res, that would push my evade chance to well over 50% (synergizing amazingly with Ondar's Guille) since the 15% block chance on BoR covers up the discrepancy. Any thoughts on changing out the shield?

EDIT: sorry if the question has been asked already
Last edited by GraveGiver36 on Feb 10, 2014, 8:51:46 PM
"
GraveGiver36 wrote:
Hey man, love the build. Running it with a BoR, and although Crest of Perandus is really effective for the cost, I'm thinking of swapping it out for a pure EV sheild with life + res, that would push my evade chance to well over 50% (synergizing amazingly with Ondar's Guille) since the 15% block chance on BoR covers up the discrepancy. Any thoughts on changing out the shield?

Yeah with BoR you can cap block without Crest, so as long as you have life leech on another piece of gear you should be fine to swap to a high evasion shield. You can get crazy evasions shields, 1k+ evasion with 90+ life is a lot stronger than Crest.
"
Oosband wrote:
"
GraveGiver36 wrote:

Yeah with BoR you can cap block without Crest, so as long as you have life leech on another piece of gear you should be fine to swap to a high evasion shield. You can get crazy evasions shields, 1k+ evasion with 90+ life is a lot stronger than Crest.

Thanks for the reply mate! But yeah a 1.5K EV, 90+ Life is relatively cheap, but yeah I'll look for leech on jewelry, running a carnage heart atm until I find a nicer neck, again love the build, best wishes!
Hi Oos,

With 69% block chance and the Blind from BoR, nothing really hit me (physically) atm. So I wonder if Daresso's Courage is somehow better than Perandus for me now? Cuz sometimes when my life is pretty low, the DC with 120% spell block saves me several times. Would love to hear some suggestions from you

My current setup at lv 82:

Spoiler

P/s: i use IR atm
Last edited by koros on Feb 10, 2014, 11:21:34 PM
"
koros wrote:
Hi Oos,

With 69% block chance and the Blind from BoR, nothing really hit me (physically) atm. So I wonder if Daresso's Courage is somehow better than Perandus for me now? Cuz sometimes when my life is pretty low, the DC with 120% spell block saves me several times. Would love to hear some suggestions from you

Spoiler

Eh, I don't really think Daresso's is very strong, you're better off getting a strong evasion shield like GraveGiver36 talked about in the post above. If you're only using Daresso's for the spell block then fine, but you hopefully shouldn't be going to low life anyway, and the shield doesn't have a life roll. You're missing out on potentially 350+ life (90+ passives) from that slot and your jewelry/belt already have low life so I'd rather pick a rare high evasion/life shield over that.

I also noticed in your BoR you're using Double Strike but no Melee Splash? Or did you just swap it for PvP?
"
Oosband wrote:
"
koros wrote:
Hi Oos,

Spoiler

Eh, I don't really think Daresso's is very strong, you're better off getting a strong evasion shield like GraveGiver36 talked about in the post above. If you're only using Daresso's for the spell block then fine, but you hopefully shouldn't be going to low life anyway, and the shield doesn't have a life roll. You're missing out on potentially 350+ life (90+ passives) from that slot and your jewelry/belt already have low life so I'd rather pick a rare high evasion/life shield over that.

I also noticed in your BoR you're using Double Strike but no Melee Splash? Or did you just swap it for PvP?

Thanks for such quick reply ^_^ I'll switch to a high eva/life shield to see how it will be like :)
I switch added fire and melee splash depend on situations :) for pack surely melee splash :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info