[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

BUMP BUMP!!! Not only does Oos have a great build. He also is a very selfless person!! He literally was helping me out (a stranger) for about 2 hours last night on just improving my build out. WHEN HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW ME... Definitely bump this thread. This guy is awesome!!
Alright I died on my lvl 90 Nemesis character. so I'm back playing this character for one more level so it's fully ready for PvP. I'll probably record a few high level maps runs and post them.

---

"
Amplified90 wrote:
BUMP BUMP!!! Not only does Oos have a great build. He also is a very selfless person!! He literally was helping me out (a stranger) for about 2 hours last night on just improving my build out. WHEN HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW ME... Definitely bump this thread. This guy is awesome!!

=)
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Jan 30, 2014, 5:30:06 PM
"
Oosband wrote:
Alright I died on my lvl 90 Nemesis character.

RIP

"
Oosband wrote:
I'll probably record a few high level maps runs and post them.

Yes! I'd love to see how fast you can clear those 77/78s with your current gear.

Also, I'm thinking of running this on the next sc league but starting as Shadow and using the Lightning Coil chest.

I'll run Purity of Lightning with it and am thinking of picking up the Charisma and Influence aura nodes which should allow me to also run Hatred and maybe Tempest Shield.

Plus with all that aura effectiveness Purity of Lightning +max would jump to 5% reducing damage taken even further.

Would like to hear your thoughts on said setup.

Cheers
Last edited by Lastdrone on Jan 30, 2014, 7:50:58 PM
"
Lastdrone wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
Alright I died on my lvl 90 Nemesis character.

RIP

"
Oosband wrote:
I'll probably record a few high level maps runs and post them.

Yes! I'd love to see how fast you can clear those 77/78s with your current gear.

Also, I'm thinking of running this on the next sc league but starting as Shadow and using the Lightning Coil chest.

I'll run Purity of Lightning with it and am thinking of picking up the Charisma and Influence aura nodes which should allow me to also run Hatred and maybe Tempest Shield.

Plus with all that aura effectiveness Purity of Lightning +max would jump to 5% reducing damage taken even further.

Would like to hear your thoughts on said setup.

Cheers

Lightning Coil is the most OP chest in game for Acrobatics builds. My lvl90 Nemesis guy was running that setup and it's insane. If I was to reroll this Reaver then I'd use that chest for sure.

Do you want to PvP a lot? Tempest Shield is alright PvE but probably not worth getting extra aura nodes to run it as a 3rd aura, only if you want to PvP.

For reference here's my crit dagger spectral thrower that just died:

Your passive tree will probably look pretty similar, dropping EB for Acro.

Something like that maybe? You have less block and it;s still pretty point starved, not sure what to drop if you need Charisma.
This looks like a great build. But I was thinking of making a variant of it. But instead of double strike I was thinking of using Frenzy linked with Power Charge on crit. And I would change the passive tree slightly so I could have 5 frenzy charges and 5 power charges.

Do you think that would work out well? I haven't really done any melee build before but to me it sound like the dps would be crazy.
"
inkube wrote:
This looks like a great build. But I was thinking of making a variant of it. But instead of double strike I was thinking of using Frenzy linked with Power Charge on crit. And I would change the passive tree slightly so I could have 5 frenzy charges and 5 power charges.

Do you think that would work out well? I haven't really done any melee build before but to me it sound like the dps would be crazy.

It would be very strong, the only problem you'll run into is mana cost, you'll probably have to pick up EB to support it. Frenzy is an expensive skill.

I could try and make you a skill tree if you want?
Last edited by Oos on Jan 31, 2014, 1:39:37 AM
"
Oosband wrote:
"
inkube wrote:

It would be very strong, the only problem you'll run into is mana cost, you'll probably have to pick up EB to support it. Frenzy is an expensive skill.

Ok, I see. It would would be great if you did a skill tree. And I didn't think about the mana cost. That is of course true. I'm going to be testing the build out this month and figure out what how well it works before the ladders reset.
Last edited by inkube on Jan 31, 2014, 2:45:17 AM
"
Oosband wrote:
Do you want to PvP a lot? Tempest Shield is alright PvE but probably not worth getting extra aura nodes to run it as a 3rd aura, only if you want to PvP.

I intend to PvP once I get above 90 but before that I won't take it very seriously, so I guess I'll spec into the aura nodes once I get to that.

"
Oosband wrote:

Something like that yes. But I'd drop Ondar's Guile since it isn't really needed.
"
inkube wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"
inkube wrote:

Ok, I see. It would would be great if you did a skill tree. And I didn't think about the mana cost. That is of course true. I'm going to be testing the build out this month and figure out what how well it works before the ladders reset.

Maybe something like this:

Cant really get Acrobatics because it halfs your ES pool for EB, and hard to get block nodes because the build is already pretty point starved and you want to pick up charge nodes. I probably wouldnt get the top witch power charge, it costs 5 points and that can be better spent elsewhere, even weak 15% crit nodes would be better.

So yeah, something like this:

Then at 85+ put points in block or wherever else you want.
"
Oosband wrote:
Maybe something like this:

Cant really get Acrobatics because it halfs your ES pool for EB, and hard to get block nodes because the build is already pretty point starved and you want to pick up charge nodes. I probably wouldnt get the top witch power charge, it costs 5 points and that can be better spent elsewhere, even weak 15% crit nodes would be better.

So yeah, something like this:

Then at 85+ put points in block or wherever else you want.

Thank you man that is really cool. And I've started playing with a friend and am at level 40 atm. I had another though thou since I need to drop so much block anyway and it was to get some more mana regen and reduced mana reserved, considering there are some really powerful nodes close by, so I could run cloak of defiance or Mind over Matter passive and some more Auras. Was thinking something like this I know I've planned out a bit to many points here but I guess I would have to loose some DPS nodes. How effective do you think that would be?

PS. Maybe I should post this somewhere else than in your thread.

Edit: How important do you see Heart of Oak as? Is it possible to live without it?
Last edited by inkube on Feb 1, 2014, 6:43:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info