[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Been playing this build on nem, very efficient at clearing due to high dps with reave. Reave has a sick AoE.

My gear
Spoiler

Currently at 24k Reave DPS buffed with Hatred only @ level 82

Not capped block yet but currently at 60% with tempest shield

I also run ice spear with cwdt and pcoc to get free power charges

My first char with this build ripped to chaos dmg, so getting some chaos res is important for any melee char imo. Gives you more time to react when you realize the chaos dmg is too much. Right now im sitting at positive chaos resist and chaos dmg in maps are doing very little dmg to me. More worried about vaal smash and oak leap slams now

Thanks for the build oos
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 24, 2014, 5:08:27 PM
Hey! I'm doing a non-crit reave build as a Duelist, and I'm wondering to switch to this one, but I have one question.. how do you deal with accuracy? I mean, is that bad? I only got accuracy on my gloves and nothing else..

Thank u in advance.
Hi i looking to change my build to get vaal pact + unwavering stance (stun killing me alot)
and high life lech in equips i think is good, but i dont know why passives i need refund

my passive thrre
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgV9BfkILg5IEZYV8Ba_GL0ZjhrbG60b-iLqI_YkPCXfJpUnqSmlK28yATpYPeJHfkjuSVFKfU4qU99VS1bqVvpY21pIWm1br2BLYeJlTWegapNte25pcFJwVnTteK567311f8aE2YTvhxmHdofbiEKMNpAbmhObJpuDm42dlp2jo4qkGaZ_pzSnXKvFrK-v67GzshmyRLVItkG3076nwA_AUcHFw4bPetJN037V7dfL29TdDd7244TndOeR6NbtQe2D7g7v8PPq-WP8q_zF_ro=

I really like play solo maps, i looking to change to make decent dps and no die to hard mods
"
siclop7 wrote:
Hi i looking to change my build to get vaal pact + unwavering stance (stun killing me alot)
and high life lech in equips i think is good, but i dont know why passives i need refund

my passive thrre
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgV9BfkILg5IEZYV8Ba_GL0ZjhrbG60b-iLqI_YkPCXfJpUnqSmlK28yATpYPeJHfkjuSVFKfU4qU99VS1bqVvpY21pIWm1br2BLYeJlTWegapNte25pcFJwVnTteK567311f8aE2YTvhxmHdofbiEKMNpAbmhObJpuDm42dlp2jo4qkGaZ_pzSnXKvFrK-v67GzshmyRLVItkG3076nwA_AUcHFw4bPetJN037V7dfL29TdDd7244TndOeR6NbtQe2D7g7v8PPq-WP8q_zF_ro=

I really like play solo maps, i looking to change to make decent dps and no die to hard mods

Hmm, pretty hard to find the points to respec, sacrificing life or crit for it.

Something like that maybe?
IGN: @Oos
Thanks worked fine for me =D
Started the One Week Race with this, using your hardcore tree+Aspect of the Panther variant. Hit level 39 (mostly in a group) no problem, clears things fast while farming solo too. Haven't been able to find a perandus or mightflay or anything like that, though. Plus getting those support gems on a Ranger is gonna be a pain. Lots of fun though!

edit - level 45 and i finally got a mightflay. OH MY GOODNESS. that combined with a Slitherpinch I found and I basically no longer need to use mana flasks. so good.
Last edited by Leoj on Jan 26, 2014, 8:43:27 PM
Any changes to gearing if you have a BoR instead?

What about gem swaps? If I run with BoR I can't swap faster attacks for mana leech, or Melee Physical for LGoH for reflect maps....just better to avoid them in general in this case?

What links would I want in my BoR? Obviously reave + multistrike, but then added fire + crit chance or crit damage? Would that make the build too inflexible? Would it be better to just run additional accuracy (with quality) so I can swap out for mana leech when needed or would that lose too much dps (though I DO like the idea of running IIR on this char, something none of my others have ever really ran)?

EDIT: Also, what order of importance should gems have in terms of quality? I'm guessing Reave is the most important for damage (10% attack speed), followed by increased crit strikes/damage, multistrike seems like a pretty weak quality bonus (10% increased phys dmg isn't much compared to what we get from passives).
~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Nagisan on Jan 29, 2014, 12:50:37 AM
"
Nagisan wrote:

What about gem swaps? If I run with BoR I can't swap faster attacks for mana leech, or Melee Physical for LGoH for reflect maps....just better to avoid them in general in this case?

What links would I want in my BoR? Obviously reave + multistrike, but then added fire + crit chance or crit damage? Would that make the build too inflexible? Would it be better to just run additional accuracy (with quality) so I can swap out for mana leech when needed or would that lose too much dps (though I DO like the idea of running IIR on this char, something none of my others have ever really ran)?

EDIT: Also, what order of importance should gems have in terms of quality? I'm guessing Reave is the most important for damage (10% attack speed), followed by increased crit strikes/damage, multistrike seems like a pretty weak quality bonus (10% increased phys dmg isn't much compared to what we get from passives).

I'm running it with BoR and no problem so far. I try to avoid reflect maps but you can use a granite/jade and u won't take much damage.

--

Oos: I have some questions, what would be the Acro+Ondars variation for Duelist? And is it viable? I'm block capped but I don't know if I should change to that variation, never played with an evasion character, and I'm afraid of taking big hits and insta-die.
And the other question is: I'm nearly 600% crit multi, shall I stop there and go for crit chance or more survivability?
Last edited by nyckito on Jan 29, 2014, 6:21:43 AM
"
Nagisan wrote:

I haven't really used a BoR or given much thought about the gem swapping for maps. I've played with a friend who has the same build+BoR though.
I guess ideal links would be:
Reave + Multistrike + Added Fire (you can then swap out Added Fire for LGoH if needed).
Then the 4th gem is a tough choice. When I rerolled this character on Nemesis I realised how stupid it is to run Crit Multi, it's just so scary vs reflect. I'd probably chose crit chance or quality Additional Accuracy. You can still do very good damage without Crit Multi.

In terms of what to quality, faster attacks and crit mutli are the best, but FA is in your BoR and mutli is sketchy. I'm not saying don't use multi, in fact definately level one up for PvP. As long as you don't have mana problems then make Reave 20% and whatever your last support gem is.

I waited for my gems to level to 20 then did the gem+gcp recipe, then re-leveled them. After you get 20/20 gems a 6L chest becomes better than BoR (and more flexible). But BoR allows you to drop some block nodes, and the blind is pretty crazy with the attack speed.

"
nyckito wrote:
Oos: I have some questions, what would be the Acro+Ondars variation for Duelist? And is it viable? I'm block capped but I don't know if I should change to that variation, never played with an evasion character, and I'm afraid of taking big hits and insta-die.
And the other question is: I'm nearly 600% crit multi, shall I stop there and go for crit chance or more survivability?

I don't really think it's work doing Acrobatics with Duelist, you lose out on a lot of crit nodes on an already point-starved build. On the previous page (or page before) I made a Duelist Acro tree for someone, so you can find it if you're interested, but you lose Adders Touch and it's generally not very point efficient considering you go right past IR.

I think Acro is better in high maps but you're better off rerolling as Ranger/Shadow if you want to do it.

There's a lot I've learned about this build and similar builds since writing the guide. In Nemesis I've made a lot of crit/block/evasion builds in the past couple of months. There's stuff I'd like to add to the guide but it's a bit of a mess already lol.

If I was to remake this character I'd go Acrobatics with the Lightning Coil chest, you can then skip out on a lot of defense (armour/evasions mostly) and just focus on block.
IGN: @Oos
"
Oosband wrote:
I haven't really used a BoR or given much thought about the gem swapping for maps. I've played with a friend who has the same build+BoR though.
I guess ideal links would be:
Reave + Multistrike + Added Fire (you can then swap out Added Fire for LGoH if needed).
Then the 4th gem is a tough choice. When I rerolled this character on Nemesis I realised how stupid it is to run Crit Multi, it's just so scary vs reflect. I'd probably chose crit chance or quality Additional Accuracy. You can still do very good damage without Crit Multi.

In terms of what to quality, faster attacks and crit mutli are the best, but FA is in your BoR and mutli is sketchy. I'm not saying don't use multi, in fact definately level one up for PvP. As long as you don't have mana problems then make Reave 20% and whatever your last support gem is.

I waited for my gems to level to 20 then did the gem+gcp recipe, then re-leveled them. After you get 20/20 gems a 6L chest becomes better than BoR (and more flexible). But BoR allows you to drop some block nodes, and the blind is pretty crazy with the attack speed.
Yeah, I think I'm going to choose Crit Chance gem for the 4th BoR slot. A 10% quality increased crit strikes dropped for me last night, and it would let me swap out for IIR if I want better drops in easier maps. Maybe quality Accuracy if I feel my hit chance is too low.

I am definitely seeing a 6L as being much more flexible, because you have more slots to gear resist meaning it would be easier to get the resists you need allowing for higher other stats on the rest of your gear, plus the sockets are more flexible.

The block is definitely nice though, I was looking at the high level passive tree (the "finished" one) and I am currently at 50% block chance, and I'm missing 16% from passives right now (compared to the finished tree). With 15% from BoR, I only need to grab another 10% from passives to max block, saving me 3 passive points on block nodes at a high level.

Plus the blind on BoR will give me a huge survivability boost. I have no doubt running BoR is more tanky than running a 6L, but a 6L is definitely higher damage and more flexibility.

Thanks for the reply and knowledge....enjoying the build so far, only death that wasn't completely my fault was Merc Vaal last night when I whirling bladed through him when he started a smash, ran around for the rest of his smash attack (completely behind his back) and still got smashed by him somehow. The rest were from YOLO rushing into areas 5+ levels higher or facetanking things I shouldn't have tried to.
~IGN: Nagisan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info