[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
rayfox wrote:
Yeah I have melee physical damage gem in the BoR. These are the gems I use:

At 16.6k dps (without hatred) after upgrading Reave gem. What kind of dps should I expect though? The 9xk dps from your build seems unrealistic lol

but BOR already have melee phys gem "inside BOR", those stack? I think not, change that to crit multi. and try to change added fire to concerated effect if u need more dps. I have my own variation of this build, lesser dmg nodes and i can go about 110k buffed with that spell block unique amulet, "stone of something".
Ign HalpingHansu/Jevnigeff
Last edited by Jevnigeff on Jan 19, 2014, 5:08:10 AM
Damnit you are right! Up to 22k now with the crit gem. Thanks a lot for the tips!
"
rayfox wrote:
Yeah I have melee physical damage gem in the BoR. These are the gems I use:

At 16.6k dps (without hatred) after upgrading Reave gem. What kind of dps should I expect though? The 9xk dps from your build seems unrealistic lol

Melee Phys DMG gem doesn't stack with the BoR one, so use Crit DMG or something else. After that, 20/20 gems will help boost your damage

"
NefariousJosh wrote:
Hey again,
I'm still playing this spec after the one week, got a BoR doing 20k and really just tearing apart high maps at 86.
This is by far the tankiest and strongest toon I've ever had, thanks again.
Also I rerolled to try out the acrobatics version, I needed to do something with a shadow anyways to get 65. Not quite as impressed with that, maybe it's just preference or maybe its that I stopped at 70.
ANYWAYS.
Thanks again for the great guide!

Glad you like it!
IGN: @Oos
Tks for build i'm trying it, atm i'm lev 81 and it's very good

Can I ask you what is your setup in screenshots? 3 power charges and abyssus?

IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
good build, enjoying it thoroughly. Died only once since respec to Shock and horror boss (did a lot of em).
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
"
sultilan wrote:
Tks for build i'm trying it, atm i'm lev 81 and it's very good

Can I ask you what is your setup in screenshots? 3 power charges and abyssus?

Yeah cheated a bit to get people interested, but that's my legit PvP dps.

Reave PvE setup is around 59k (no charges, just Hatred).
Do you run into problems with other block builds in PvP? Do you think you could adapt your build to use a sword so that you can take the reduced enemy block chance nodes or would the dps suffer too much?
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Do you run into problems with other block builds in PvP? Do you think you could adapt your build to use a sword so that you can take the reduced enemy block chance nodes or would the dps suffer too much?

Block builds are hard but they also face the same problems. When I swapped from IR to Acrobatics the fights became easier for me. 70% block + 40% dodge + 35% evade, it's very hard for them to get a hit on you.

Block vs Block fights eventually come down to who has the most damage, when a hit gets through you want to deal as much damage as possible, so spiky crit damage is very good for this. Now I've got high damage the fights are pretty easy, but I agree with medium gear levels block vs block can be hard.

As for the sword anti-block nodes, they're very good and I've fought some people who use them. Just a shame that you can reliably get good crit when using swords. I may theorycraft a build though.
Hi,

I'm thinking about running a high damage physical build and I'm currently on domination. One of the biggest issues I have with this league is finding the right rares for builds and I'm just wondering a few things.

-How important is it to get crit chance random property on dagger to do damage with this build? Would I lose too much going for a dagger with 6-7% crit chance? How much pdps do you need to get numbers near yours on Reave?

-How important is high physical flat damage on this build in terms of jewelry? Is it similiar to facebreaker builds that are kind of reliant on really well rolled rings? They are really hard to get on this league.

-Would a BoR beat a 5L with this build in terms of damage? I don't really got a budget for a 6L but I already had a BoR around from another build I had previously. Also what skills would you use on a PVE reave build with BoR?

-Can you run maps like residence or shrine with a build like this?

thanks for the build
Last edited by jaku78 on Jan 24, 2014, 8:14:16 AM
"
jaku78 wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking about running a high damage physical build and I'm currently on domination. One of the biggest issues I have with this league is finding the right rares for builds and I'm just wondering a few things.

-How important is it to get crit chance random property on dagger to do damage with this build? Would I lose too much going for a dagger with 6-7% crit chance? How much pdps do you need to get numbers near yours on Reave?

-How important is high physical flat damage on this build in terms of jewelry? Is it similiar to facebreaker builds that are kind of reliant on really well rolled rings? They are really hard to get on this league.

-Would a BoR beat a 5L with this build in terms of damage? I don't really got a budget for a 6L but I already had a BoR around from another build I had previously. Also what skills would you use on a PVE reave build with BoR?

-Can you run maps like residence or shrine with a build like this?

thanks for the build

Base crit on Daggers is probably the most important stat. The difference between a 7% dagger and a 9% dagger is huge. You can see my dagger in the first post, it's a pretty nice one but the build will work with a 200pDPS crit dagger.
The Reave dps screenshots are with Abyssus which I don't farm maps with, my map farming dps is around 50k-60k depending on gear/mf. You only need around 15k-20k to clear high maps, that's not hard to achieve.

Flat phys rolls on jewelry is very nice, it scales like crazy with your tree. But don't worry about this for now, as you'll be using BoR you have some added phys already and need to focus on capping resistance. Just get physical jewelry when you're fully geared up and 85+.

Yeah a BoR is better than a 5L, you should use it. Only thing better is a 6L with 20/20% gems.
As for links, use Reave, Multistrike, then for the other links pick between:
-(20% Quality) Additional Accuracy
-Added Fire
-Crit Damage
-Crit Chance
I'd personally pick Added Fire and Accuracy, but Crit Damage will provide you with the most dps.

Yeah you can clear any map with this build, no problem. Only boss I would skip is Palace Dom and Crema Magera, the rest can be beaten with a group, just make sure you use the spell block shield for some of the harder bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info