[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
igneel77777 wrote:
Loving this build so far, I just wanted to know what you thought of this gear/flask setup.

Current Gear

Flasks

Passive tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4EsQW1BfkOSBGWFfAWvxi9GtsbrR4aHoEi6iQ8JP0mlSepKCoppStvMFQyATpYPeJI7klRSn1LjUxgTipVS1b1VvpabVuvYeJnoG17cFJwVniufXV_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQG5Vml9CZV5oTmyadlqOKpn-nNKdcsbOyGbJEtMW1SLfTuT7AUcHFwuzN6s960hnTftUA18vbbtvU3Q3e9uOE51TndOjW7UHuDvPq_MX-uv8c_5M=

Would it be worth finding a different amulet so I have higher health? So far my approach with big packs is to use both the granite and jade flasks, giving me a lot of armor due to IR, and then the diamond flask to keep my mana up and ensure I refill the granite quickly. Any idea on what I should be looking for to improve my gear?

Ok good stuff, gear is decent. Over the next few levels you should focus on getting all the remaining life on the tree, and also get more life on your gear. As the content gets harder and you do higher maps, you'll run into issues of almost dying.

First you should chaos spam your chest until you get high life (and resist if you need it). Then replace Carnage Heart with a HP/Crit necklace. You should have enough damage for Crest of Perandus to leech back enough to no longer need Carnage Heart.
Then replace Dream Frags; you shouldn't need the mana or regen due to Mind Drinker node on tree, the 2% leech will be enough for you to sustain. So a HP/Phys ring will be great for you, and get the resistances you'll need to be capped.

After that you will have over 5k life and your gear will be pretty much fine, any upgrades after that are just a bonus.

You can upgrade your belt for cheap too, 80 life/30 fire/30 lightning belts aren't expensive, maybe 5-8 chaos.

I like the fact you're stacking IIR, I have an IIR gear set and the build is very effective at farming.

Good luck.

"
siclop7 wrote:
Hi, i just maked this build today

my gear:
Spoiler

I just maxed my res, but my crit is low and i died realy easy in end game maps, dps is about 30k,
crit chance 40%,evasion 4400, Bor is good for this build? maybe tabula rasa worth more good or 5l chest than bor? i need help thx

Hi there, what exactly are you dying to? Your jewelry and belt have very low (or no) life rolls, upgrading those pieces with 70+ life each will give you 600-1000 life which is huge for maps. It looks like you rely on the resistances for those pieces so it may be hard to upgrade for you, it's very hard to cap resistances with BoR.

You mentioned that you have low crit, this is because of your dagger, it has nice dps but it has the lowest base crit chance of all daggers (6.8%). All the crit you get on the tree and gear scales from the base of your dagger.

For example, your Maligaros give you 50% crit chance, with your dagger that will give you a total of 3.4% crit chance (6.8 x 0.5), with my dagger (9.15% crit base (9.15 x 0.5)) that will give me 4.575% crit chance. It may not seem like much, but when all your gear/tree scales from that one stat, it's very important to get a high base crit dagger.
I would rather have a 200pDPS dagger with 9% crit over your dagger.

If I were you, I'd replace the necklace with a HP/Resistance amulet, that will allow you be less reliant on resistances in other slot. Then upgrade your belt/rings with HP/Res/Phys. Then when you have a higher crit dagger, get a crazy crit/life amulet.

Also, your Bringer of Rain links aren't great. You have Melee Splash which doesn't affect Reave. Replace Melee Splash with Added Fire Damage.
I would also replace Conc Effect with either Crit Damage, Crit Chance or (20% quality) Additional Accuracy. Conc Effect is a nice sheet dps boost but you don't hit a large group of monsters, taking it out will give you a larger area of effect and make you safer; you won't need to face tank every scary monster, some of them you can kill from range.

---

I wrote a lot, I hope this helps. Let me know if you need help with anything else, good luck.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Jan 15, 2014, 7:57:36 AM
i update my dagger

now i have 37k dps with double strike + multistrike + add fire + melee splash

But i die easy, my problem is for spell, i dont block any 3-4 spell normal monsters kill me

passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAFfQW1BfkG6QguCSEOSBGWFfAWvxi9GtsbrR6BIuoj9iQ8JpUnYSepKaUrbzIBOJY94kjuSVFKfUuNTipVS1bqVvVW-lpIWm1br2HiYqxnoG17cFJwVnSueK59dX3jf8aHdofbiEKMNpAbl9CaE5smm42dlp2jnaqjiqZ_pzSnXK_rsbOyGbJEtMW1SLcXt9O5PrvjwFHBxcLszerPetA5037VANad18vaPdtV227b1N0N3vbjhOdU53To1usU62PtQe4O7_Dz6vlj_Kv8xf66_xw=

Last edited by siclop7 on Jan 15, 2014, 9:16:24 AM
"
siclop7 wrote:
i update my dagger

now i have 37k dps with double strike + multistrike + add fire + melee splash

But i die easy, my problem is for spell, i dont block any 3-4 spell normal monsters kill me

passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAFfQW1BfkG6QguCSEOSBGWFfAWvxi9GtsbrR6BIuoj9iQ8JpUnYSepKaUrbzIBOJY94kjuSVFKfUuNTipVS1bqVvVW-lpIWm1br2HiYqxnoG17cFJwVnSueK59dX3jf8aHdofbiEKMNpAbl9CaE5smm42dlp2jnaqjiqZ_pzSnXK_rsbOyGbJEtMW1SLcXt9O5PrvjwFHBxcLszerPetA5037VANad18vaPdtV227b1N0N3vbjhOdU53To1usU62PtQe4O7_Dz6vlj_Kv8xf66_xw=

Alright we spoke a bit in game, I've made changes to your tree. You took a few random nodes (15% crit) and didn't take all the life nodes. You said spells are wrecking you but your main problem is low life on gear and not ever life node. You have 3.7k life, with a larger life pool you wont get wrecked so hard by spells. Also carry around a Stone of Lazhwar in your inventory for spell casters.

Tree there. With those respecs you should be at around 4.2k life, and with some gear upgrades you can get 5k life.
I solved my problem by changing the build that you told me and changed itens
my gear:

Just spell damage killing me easy ofr this motive i changed shield, atm i tryng best configs, atm my gear working fine i dont die easy but only need upgrades for similar itens with life and 350pdps dagger
Last edited by siclop7 on Jan 15, 2014, 3:31:28 PM
Hi Oos and other users,

we whispered about going acrobatics and being viable in nemesis/hc. I decided to do this now but I don't know how to actually pick it up (maybe even with phase acrobatics) without sacrificing any other important nodes for this spec while being a duelist.
So my question is: How would you spec when picking up acrobatics (and phase acrobatics) as a duelist?

A build around 75/80+ would be great to give my an idea where to go first and when to pick up (phase)acrobatics. Maybe someone can help me out.

My current tree is:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABH4FLQX5FfAa2xutOlg94kd-SO5KfU4qU99W-ljbW69gS2VNZ6Bqk25pdO14rnrvfXWE2YTvhxmHdpkrm4OjiqvFrK-2QbfTvYG-p8AP0k3TftXt18vdDe4O-WP8xf66
Last edited by phax90 on Jan 15, 2014, 5:07:36 PM
"
phax90 wrote:
Hi Oos and other users,

we whispered about going acrobatics and being viable in nemesis/hc. I decided to do this now but I don't know how to actually pick it up (maybe even with phase acrobatics) without sacrificing any other important nodes for this spec while being a duelist.
So my question is: How would you spec when picking up acrobatics (and phase acrobatics) as a duelist?

A build around 75/80+ would be great to give my an idea where to go first and when to pick up (phase)acrobatics. Maybe someone can help me out.

My current tree is:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABH4FLQX5FfAa2xutOlg94kd-SO5KfU4qU99W-ljbW69gS2VNZ6Bqk25pdO14rnrvfXWE2YTvhxmHdpkrm4OjiqvFrK-2QbfTvYG-p8AP0k3TftXt18vdDe4O-WP8xf66

As you started as Duelist it's probably better for you to go IR, the surrounding nodes are good for it and it's generally more point efficient for you. It's 1 point for IR or 5+ points for Acrobatics.

If you really want to go Acro then make the switch around lvl 80 when you have good evasion gear and more points to spend.
I'm thinking about using Cyclone for this build.

In the BoR:
Cyclone - Blood Magic - Inc Crit Dmg - Added Fire Dmg

Reason I pick Cyclone is because I have to run 3 auras(Hatred - Tempest Shield - Purity) and with lvl 20 Reduced Mana gem that reserves 99.6% mana. Have trouble capping my resist or I would drop the purity but even then I think i'll still have problems with mana so I opt for Blood Magic gem.

Do you think that will work or my dmg be too far off compared to Reave-Multi or DS-Multi-Splash setup?
"
scigamer wrote:
I'm thinking about using Cyclone for this build.

In the BoR:
Cyclone - Blood Magic - Inc Crit Dmg - Added Fire Dmg

Reason I pick Cyclone is because I have to run 3 auras(Hatred - Tempest Shield - Purity) and with lvl 20 Reduced Mana gem that reserves 99.6% mana. Have trouble capping my resist or I would drop the purity but even then I think i'll still have problems with mana so I opt for Blood Magic gem.

Do you think that will work or my dmg be too far off compared to Reave-Multi or DS-Multi-Splash setup?

Have you tried dropping Tempest Shield for PvE? Your mana pool wont be huge but you should be able to leech enough with the normal Reave setup and 2% mana leech. Try that out because I think using BM gem is a slight waste.
If you need to use BM gem then test it on a Reave+Multi setup, Cyclone can be strong but it's not very safe, I wouldn't want to play that in 74+ maps without Aegis Aurora or something. With Reave you can kill harder monsters from range if needed.
"
Oosband wrote:
"
phax90 wrote:
Hi Oos and other users,

My current tree is:
Spoiler

As you started as Duelist it's probably better for you to go IR, the surrounding nodes are good for it and it's generally more point efficient for you. It's 1 point for IR or 5+ points for Acrobatics.

If you really want to go Acro then make the switch around lvl 80 when you have good evasion gear and more points to spend.

And what build would you suggest? Since i have to drop something from your ranger type of speccing and I dont really know what.
"
phax90 wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"
phax90 wrote:
Hi Oos and other users,

My current tree is:
Spoiler

And what build would you suggest? Since i have to drop something from your ranger type of speccing and I dont really know what.

As Duelist I'd aim for this:

If you really want to go Acro I can make you a tree, but you'll be losing some crit for it unfortunately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info