[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Hey mate, was wondering how strong you think Bino's would be with the build? Sorry if this has been asked already!
"
GraveGiver36 wrote:
Hey mate, was wondering how strong you think Bino's would be with the build? Sorry if this has been asked already!

I think any dagger with good crit chance will be okay. Cuz crit is needed to trigger the "crit multi" and also freeze the mobs on hit
Spoiler

I switched something and now using Perandus

I have 4600 life and 73% block chance (no Tempest Shield) ,3res 75/65/75

I think 73% block chance is good enough? So I switch to using Hatred and Purity of Elements which makes my itemization alot easier (due to BoR has no res)

With this setup, i can facetank Dominus' lightning stream with no problem, even without spell block ( i always have >50% health when he casts it)

Heres my question: Is it better to not using Tempest Shield and use Hatred/PoE when im at 73% block chance without it? TS with PCoC provides free Power Charge but since i can now 2 or 3 hit blue and 3sec on rares, i dont think not having extra Power charges will be that big of a deal
Last edited by koros on Feb 11, 2014, 11:03:51 AM
"
GraveGiver36 wrote:

Bino's is a great Dagger, and when paired with Adders Touch it's just broken, the regen you get from that combo is just insane. A friend of mine can get up to 3-4k life regen per second with Bino's+Adders Touch. Shame it's so expensive.

"
koros wrote:
Spoiler

I switched something and now using Perandus

I have 4600 life and 73% block chance (no Tempest Shield) ,3res 75/65/75

I think 73% block chance is good enough? So I switch to using Hatred and Purity of Elements which makes my itemization alot easier (due to BoR has no res)

With this setup, i can facetank Dominus' lightning stream with no problem, even without spell block ( i always have >50% health when he casts it)

Heres my question: Is it better to not using Tempest Shield and use Hatred/PoE when im at 73% block chance without it? TS with PCoC provides free Power Charge but since i can now 2 or 3 hit blue and 3sec on rares, i dont think not having extra Power charges will be that big of a deal

It's fine to drop Tempest Shield in PvE, but ideally you don't really want to use Purity of Elements. I understand it can be hard to cap res with BoR but you'll want to try and cover your resists on gear and use another aura such as Grace. If you're only undercap on one resists (cold) then use Purity of Cold aura so that it gives you a higher max resistance in cold as well as capping it. It's not much, but a slight boost.

Tempest Shield isn't that great PvE, but definitely use it in PvP vs high attack speed builds, they will just shred themselves.
IGN: @Oos
Hi Oos, I love the build. Thanks for taking the time to respond to people here.

I am just starting to level up and I am hoping to take advantage of Aegis Aurora. Do you think this is viable with your build? Do you have any recommendations for how to change the tree to accommodate the shield? I was thinking of going BoR + Aegis.

I am sure this has already been answered, but I did not see it in the first seven pages. Thanks!
"
Archetype90 wrote:

I am just starting to level up and I am hoping to take advantage of Aegis Aurora. Do you think this is viable with your build? Do you have any recommendations for how to change the tree to accommodate the shield? I was thinking of going BoR + Aegis.

I am sure this has already been answered, but I did not see it in the first seven pages. Thanks!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/628296/page/14#p6417332

it was answered on page 14 - cheers ^_^

i have another question bout Aegis Aurora with the spec u posted on page 14, I'll have:

34% from AE + 15% from BoR + 4% from Tempest Shield + 14% from passives = 67% chance to block

Is that good enough to make use of Aegis Aurora ? Btw, is it a big dps loss if I spec out of Adder's Touch ? I think its kinda sacrificing dps for more defense if I'd use an AE
Last edited by koros on Feb 11, 2014, 9:37:00 PM
"
koros wrote:
"
Archetype90 wrote:

i have another question bout Aegis Aurora with the spec u posted on page 14, I'll have:

34% from AE + 15% from BoR + 4% from Tempest Shield + 14% from passives = 67% chance to block

Is that good enough to make use of Aegis Aurora ? Btw, is it a big dps loss if I spec out of Adder's Touch ? I think its kinda sacrificing dps for more defense if I'd use an AE

Thanks! Looks great!

Don't forget that Aegis Aurora will also give you 6% chance to block, which will mean 73%. AFAIK the highest you can get is 75%, but that might be way off. Another consideration would be using the amulet The Anvil, which increases chance to block.
That 6% additional block chance already applied to the Shield's Block chance which makes it 34%, dude :)

I did think about the amulet, but it would be a huge dps loss since this spec is meant to provide high block chance with huge dps (-__-)

In the end, i think its just which side youll pick, more dps or more defense

Last edited by koros on Feb 11, 2014, 11:43:08 PM
"
koros wrote:
"
Archetype90 wrote:

I made a tree there but have since revised it, it was far too many points.

You wont do as much damage as the normal build but you can only die to 1 shots from Vaal in Maze map, and Dom in Palace/Residence maps. You'll be invulnerable to all other damage. It wont be hard to get 30k+ dps which is more than the classic Soul Taker/Aegis specs and more than enough to clear all maps. All you really miss out on is Adder's Touch.

Your calculation of 67% block is incorrect, with the tree I posted above it's:
34% from Aegis + 15% from BoR + 4% from Tempest Shield + 28% from passives = 81% chance to block. So you can drop Tempest shield and/or some passive nodes and still be capped.

I'm thinking about making this character as my second character in the new HC leagues when I get enough currency (as long as they don't nerf Aegis), seems crazy over-powered. Let me know how it goes if you make it.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Feb 12, 2014, 1:46:05 PM
"
Oosband wrote:

I made a tree there but have since revised it, it was far too many points.

You wont do as much damage as the normal build but you can only die to 1 shots from Vaal in Maze map, and Dom in Palace/Residence maps. You'll be invulnerable to all other damage. It wont be hard to get 30k+ dps which is more than the classic Soul Taker/Aegis specs and more than enough to clear all maps. All you really miss out on is Adder's Touch.

Your calculation of 67% block is incorrect, with the tree I posted above it's:
34% from Aegis + 15% from BoR + 4% from Tempest Shield + 28% from passives = 81% chance to block. So you can drop Tempest shield and/or some passive nodes and still be capped.

I'm thinking about making this character as my second character in the new HC leagues when I get enough currency (as long as they don't nerf Aegis), seems crazy over-powered. Let me know how it goes if you make it.

Awesome reply, thanks! I can't wait to get this build leveled up. I am curious what your thoughts would be regarding dropping 9 nodes (probably mostly health) and picking up the Void Barrier line. It would cost 3 points to get there and 6 to get Void Barrier, but should add a bunch of ES. Maybe too much life sacrificed for not enough ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info