[VIDEO Updates]CI Witch - Storm Call/Triple Arc Totem + dual curse build guide

"
khangaroo wrote:
Seems that Hex Master is actually bugged, doing the opposite of what it's supposed to.

Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/693704

I really hope they do not plan to nerf Soul Mantle. Its actually a very balanced unique. Very low ES for end game, but still tempting enough to get that 3rd totem for dmg output.

In the mean time ...I've done a lvl 72 map and i got all the curses in the game on my char... It was like a walking target.

I recommend that u restrain ureselfs from using this char until a fix is rolled up. It's extremely dangerous to have about 10 lvl 20 curses on your even if u have godly gear...
This build is pretty fun, but I ripped earlier because of the curse bug and now I'm making a new char. My friend was asking me how I level this build so I just thought I'd put it here for other people too.

If you look at the passive tree, you will see that you grab a massive amount of lightning damage early on. We can abuse this by using,

It only cost 2 chaos at most in Nemesis (don't pay more than this you are getting ripped off).

I use the bow with (split arrow + lightning damage),

Obviously you are going to need some DEX to wear it, for that I use,

My DPS

I use Ice Shot for single target DPS because of the slow and that's pretty much it. You can also use Zombies to help take aggro. They will run to whatever you shot at so shoot into a room before you go in for them to go in first.

This will last you for a long time. For passives, you will want to grab health (right of witch and at templar tree) if you are in nemesis (obviously) and respec them out later. I'm playing with a friend who's pretty much just tanking everything so I'm not planning to get a lot of health but you should try to get as many as you can without going off path.

Also you don't want to grab the lightning passive on the right side of the tree. Instead you should make a beeline to Ancestral (you can also grab Static Blow, it's 3 points away).
Last edited by akachafang on Dec 11, 2013, 11:49:11 PM
@ Levelling

hehe, everyone uses his own strat :)

Quill + PA and later +LMP fills rooms of gas (like you eat 2000 onions and fart) =) good strat too.

Path b is live, tested it in two dock runs. All back to normal.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Would the passive tree still work if I didn't run soul mantle and went only dual totem?
Hi, I use to roll a sporker and due to the release patch, it's significantly nerfed. I haven't played for a while since closed beta. I logged on and immediately found arc/storm call to be interesting for totem ideas and then I found this guide.

I'd like to ask where I should mf - or is docks good? I'd like to farm some resist jewelries and such. And I'd probably start off with 66 maps etc..
Thank you for the post. Is this build HC viable? Could you give some more info how you leveled it up. How many life nodes you took and at what level you switched.
"
Llght wrote:
Hi, I use to roll a sporker and due to the release patch, it's significantly nerfed. I haven't played for a while since closed beta. I logged on and immediately found arc/storm call to be interesting for totem ideas and then I found this guide.

I'd like to ask where I should mf - or is docks good? I'd like to farm some resist jewelries and such. And I'd probably start off with 66 maps etc..

Go docks, catacombs, Lunaris or even Dominus if you're very good geared.

Maps depend heavily on mods. No regen / BM / TempChains / Enfeeble i trade for higher ones. If you follow the tactics of casting 2 totems near u + 1 at edge, then move cast the 2nd, and the next at edge etc. plus curses, every other map is easy cake. I did a dual orchard boss map with -res and +98% coldDMG, no deaths :)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Dec 13, 2013, 1:56:48 AM
@ Levelling

My first aim was to get Ancestral Bound, After that get Dual Curse then lvl until 55+ and get CI.

At the beginning i used spark on me and totem + zombies. Use zombies since the beginning so that u have them maxed out when u are lvl 80. Also get the 2 curses early on (Conductivity and Elemental Weakness)to lvl them. Q20 on Elem W is a big bonus.
When u can use arc replace either the totem or u until it has a few lvls. Then replace the second one. One of them will become useless.
Around lvl 50 u will be able to put on Soul Mantle. Make sure u have at least 2 flask with protection from curses.

Very fast runs are Piety&Dock runs. Avoid Dominus runs. U will waste time with him. Dominus runs are OK for mele chars in general, not ranged ones.

This is my current Tree(87). I'll probably give up the PC node from Shadow to get the 3 Cast speed nodes.

Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0C4wVbB6UOSBEvEVARlhSwFdcWQBa_GmwfAilPKhMsnCynLL8tHzbFOVI6MDrYO-FBlkSrRtdJskyzTdhObVAwVa5WY1crWAdZ81orXcZd8l5dXypgbWNDZp5tGXBScNV0VXYRfM5-r3_GghCCm4V9hq6IQohri4yMdo0ZjmSPpp2AnaOdrqKjo_KnCKcrp5S1BLb3tvq4k7vWvDfAGsBRwbTBxcHzwxPDbdH91HzXhtgk217djN3z37DgEuFz4vfjhOQi5Ozr5OwY7DjtIPId8-r3pvyr
Last edited by SebyTheDragon on Dec 13, 2013, 4:47:46 PM
You explained why you pick arc over spark (spork), but why arc over storm call?

I'm currently making a lightning dual totem character, but I'm still experimenting with the 2 and undecided which I will go for.

Have you tried storm call? If so what do you think about it with dual totems in relation to arc?
Thanks, I am actually using Storm Call, uses the lighting damage and low mana usage, working really well :) Am level 33 atm and working on getting to Ancestral Bond.

P

"
SebyTheDragon wrote:
@ Levelling

My first aim was to get Ancestral Bound, After that get Dual Curse then lvl until 55+ and get CI.

At the beginning i used spark on me and totem + zombies. Use zombies since the beginning so that u have them maxed out when u are lvl 80. Also get the 2 curses early on (Conductivity and Elemental Weakness)to lvl them. Q20 on Elem W is a big bonus.
When u can use arc replace either the totem or u until it has a few lvls. Then replace the second one. One of them will become useless.
Around lvl 50 u will be able to put on Soul Mantle. Make sure u have at least 2 flask with protection from curses.

Very fast runs are Piety&Dock runs. Avoid Dominus runs. U will waste time with him. Dominus runs are OK for mele chars in general, not ranged ones.

This is my current Tree(87). I'll probably give up the PC node from Shadow to get the 3 Cast speed nodes.

Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0C4wVbB6UOSBEvEVARlhSwFdcWQBa_GmwfAilPKhMsnCynLL8tHzbFOVI6MDrYO-FBlkSrRtdJskyzTdhObVAwVa5WY1crWAdZ81orXcZd8l5dXypgbWNDZp5tGXBScNV0VXYRfM5-r3_GghCCm4V9hq6IQohri4yMdo0ZjmSPpp2AnaOdrqKjo_KnCKcrp5S1BLb3tvq4k7vWvDfAGsBRwbTBxcHzwxPDbdH91HzXhtgk217djN3z37DgEuFz4vfjhOQi5Ozr5OwY7DjtIPId8-r3pvyr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info